View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 09:51 AM   #484
stephascope

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Hooray! Dh went and got a new coffee maker yesterday so I am happily drinking coffee this morning!

I realized this morning that the main reason I weigh myself daily is to make sure I don't wake up one morning and weigh 257 lbs again. I think it is taking awhile for my brain to catch up with the fact that I've lost weight. For some reason I think that little part of my brain keeps insisting that this may be a dream - kind of like I might wake up next to Suzanne Pleshette some morning (which only makes sense if you were a Newhart fan!).
Glad to hear you got some proper coffee this morning. I really try to not weigh myself every day but like you, I just have to make sure I didn't gain everything back overnight. Sometimes I say to myself "it's down again? wtf?", like I can't believe it's still working. It's like I expect it to stop losing despite all my efforts. I don't want to jinx myself here but I haven't experience a stall yet and hopefully never will but it could start when I get closer to a healthy BMI.