South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 08:01 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Chat - May 9

I swear I started this thread before and called it Thoughtful Thursday.

Gorgeous morning here although it is supposed to be raining. I guess the Sun missed the memo. It's way too wet to garden though as we got a good rain overnight. I'm sure I'll find something to fill in the time though.

Donna had an appointment in Perth this afternoon and I will drive her. While she's with the doc, I'll go to Foodsmith and get some kale as I'm dying for a kale salad. My asparagus is now producing and it's time to shift into summer mode with more veggies. I bought a PV Salad Bowl and have been nibbling off it while I wait for my garden lettuce to produce. Quite yummy and it does grow back. http://www.canadiangardening.com/blo...mply-salad.jpg

My tulips are now out and my front garden is looking mighty fine. i must take a picture - when I find my darned camera.

Have a great Thursday.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth! I had seen you were on here earlier, so I didn't start the thread. It certainly is a wet and grey morning here. My children are supposed to have a "race for education" today....we'll see if it's still on. I did go on a walk this AM, and got drenched (it was only misty when I started!). I can't decide if I should be proud of myself, or that I'm an idiot!

I took a couple hours off work for the race, so in a way I'm hoping it's on...and I mostly hope it is cancelled for the kids' sake. Otherwise, a packed day at work. I did manage to get the rest of my veggies in yesterday (and realized I never got the cabbage....) so this rain is awesome for it.

Have a good one!

Last edited by TwynnB; 05-09-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:50 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ruth that salad bowl looks very interesting I will have to look into that.

Twynn hope the race is still on for you and your kiddos

Today running around, brought in donuts for the crew for Mother's day early since I plan on working from home tomorrow. I am not even tempted by them so I know I am still on track food wise

Have a great day everyone
Old 05-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone,
Another frazzled morning! Why is it SO hard to get an 8 year old boy out the door. Then today is one of my short days at work, which is good, but also bad because I have SO much to do. I'm feeling stressed lately and time crunched. At least I'm making time for exercise.

Anyway, today is: work, bank, Iron Man 3, take son for pizza, then home. Hopefully it will be a relaxing evening. Have fun everyone...
Old 05-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Late check in, day 1 in the books. Short ride, 27 miles which puts us in Edison, NJ. It poured buckets which made for treacherous riding conditions. Hopefully tomorrow will be better
Old 05-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Jennifer, I am just impressed at you setting and reaching this goal. I hope you have much better weather for the bulk of your journey.

Like Ruth, we have sun today instead of the predicted rain. That probably means it will rain all weekend if Murphy's Law holds.

Can't say enough about the beauty of all things blooming. The crabapples are in full glory and the buds are my lilacs are getting huge. I can't wait until it's past our frost date and safe to plant all the veggies.
Closed Thread