Old 04-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #1  
Soon to be SKINNY!

S/C/G: 278/274/178

Height: 5 ft 6

Smile First Week/4 pounds! And a question..

Hi Fellow IP'ers. (somehow that just doesn't SOUND right!)

Soooo... today was my first weigh in. I lost four pounds. I'm so happy! Since I'm in menopause and on the alternative IP, I know weight loss can be slower, so I am really happy with my four pounds.

The first couple of days had some speed bumps, but now my appetite is greatly reduced and I am feeling hopeful for the first time in a long time.

Question- Some people have tried to message me, but my message thingy is off, I guess. How the heck do I turn it on?

As an aside... OMG, are those white cheddar ridges to die for!! If I can have those and a chocolate shake every day I can do this for a long, long time.

Okay, now to figure out how to do a ticker! :-)

Happy Losing,
J'Anne :-)
Lone Star Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:49 PM   #2  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star Gal View Post
Hi Fellow IP'ers. (somehow that just doesn't SOUND right!)

Soooo... today was my first weigh in. I lost four pounds. I'm so happy! Since I'm in menopause and on the alternative IP, I know weight loss can be slower, so I am really happy with my four pounds.

The first couple of days had some speed bumps, but now my appetite is greatly reduced and I am feeling hopeful for the first time in a long time.

Question- Some people have tried to message me, but my message thingy is off, I guess. How the heck do I turn it on?

As an aside... OMG, are those white cheddar ridges to die for!! If I can have those and a chocolate shake every day I can do this for a long, long time.

Okay, now to figure out how to do a ticker! :-)

Happy Losing,
J'Anne :-)
Congrats! You're off to a good start. As you said, I've always heard that the weight loss is slower for those on the Alternate Plan. So you're doing great!

BTW - I'm 99% sure that the PM function doesn't work until you've been a member here for 20 days and have made at least 20 posts. And I'm 100% sure that's the deal with the ticker.

Last edited by evepet; 04-19-2013 at 08:51 PM.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #3  
Soon to be SKINNY!

Ahhhh, well no WONDER I couldn't find the button to turn off PM blocker! :-)

Thanks for the info.

J'Anne
Old 04-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #4  
To be fit and FLY....

Height: 5'6"

Great Job Lone Star Gal! Looks like we are neighbors (I am in Austin) and I am right about the same weight you are, I start this diet next week (waiting on an order to come in)!

GREAT JOB on your first week!
Summerblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:48 AM   #5  
Soon to be SKINNY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerblue View Post
Great Job Lone Star Gal! Looks like we are neighbors (I am in Austin) and I am right about the same weight you are, I start this diet next week (waiting on an order to come in)!

GREAT JOB on your first week!
Hi Summerblue!

We're the same height, too. Okay, you are my new best friend! :-) Where in Austin are you? I'm far north, near Round Rock. I'm so excited for you that you're starting this plan. It's amazing. I was just telling my husband last night... this is the first time in ages where food hasn't controlled me. I control IT. No cravings, very little appetite unless I'm truly hungry. And with the shakes and crunchy snacks I feel like I could do this forever.

Would LOVE to be able to chat with you! Do you Facebook? I can't PM yet, and I don't think you can either if you're new... so I guess we can't get in touch with each other until 20 days goes by and we've posted 20 times. (I think those are the rules, I am still learning!)

Anyway, I am excited for you! This will work, and it's pretty awesome after the first few days. What products did you order to start with?

J'Anne
Old 04-21-2013, 08:00 AM   #6  

Thumbs up

Congrats to you .... I also started a few weeks ago and started out great even though I am and through menopause. I think all the food is wonderful for diet food.
DDRSHL is offline   Reply With Quote