Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Hint: OK I'll admit it, I haven't a clue who Seth Rogan is
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:57 PM   #62  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

You know, I wasn't going to respond to this topic becuz this thread got way off track, but I just had to comment on SETH ROGAN. He's not that bad ... to me, he just looks like your every day average guy. I could see how some women would find him attractive, and if you added a great sense of humor and a nice personality on top of that -- he's a winner!

I care more about the kind of man he is than his looks. Is he kind? Is he caring? Is he respectful? OR, is he selfish and self-centered? Is he responsible? Does he have a job? That shows more about his character. A sense of humor is a must becuz life is tuff enuff without taking it too serious. Can he have fun? And so on ...

The real losers are those that are so closed-minded that they still don't realize that "BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER," and that it's unwise to judge a book solely by its cover. They may pass up a gem while looking for a fantasy ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-06-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #63  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
I hope your wife wasn't offended by you participating here, this forum has been so helpful for you (I think, based on your posts) and your responses on threads has surely helped us.

No one knows my log on name here or that I even go to this site (except my husband but he doesn't read it I don't think). This is my private place to talk about whatever is in my heart about my weightloss and I love having a support system like this that I'd never ever find in my own real life in person, mostly because I am shy, embarrassed and heartbroken about the status of my weight.

And like BillBlueEyes, only a place like this would cheer me on and encourage me and praise me for skipping the Girl Scout cookies or whatever challenge I had at any given time even if it was every single day at 3pm or whatever.

Maybe your wife will think I am a man since I have Elvis in my screenname.

I appreciate all the men's points of view on this forum and am so glad that the 3FC name didn't deter any of you from posting.

And if your wife asks, we aren't a bunch of fat chicks on the prowl for men here.

I agree! I'm glad to see more men posting. It's a great balance to come to a place and get support from both women and men.

Edit: I just read the rest of the responses. The Seth Rogan debate is too funny. His attractive quality is his funniness (to me). It's the same with Kevin James. I agree with the above poster.. How are his other qualities? Those are what attract me and what I go on (outward appearance not so much)..

Last edited by pixiefalls; 04-07-2013 at 08:06 PM.
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #64  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I care more about the kind of man he is than his looks. Is he kind? Is he caring? Is he respectful? OR, is he selfish and self-centered? Is he responsible? Does he have a job?
Quote:
Those are what attract me and what I go on (outward appearance not so much)..
I can't believe I am still OP after reading all of these responses which essentially keep saying the same thing!

Last edited by IanG; 04-07-2013 at 08:34 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:00 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 250/249/125

Height: 5'3 ish

Ian I'm glad you are still on plan. I know looks are a big part of this for people but it's more about how YOU see yourself everyone else is just brownie points.
Thinforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:03 PM   #66  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Thanks thinforme. I'm feeling great!

And I see myself as the hottest thing since sliced bread.

Last edited by IanG; 04-08-2013 at 09:04 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:56 PM   #67  
Rosebud

Quote:
I know looks are a big part of this for people but it's more about how YOU see yourself; everyone else is just brownie points.

DITTO ~ I agree with that whole-heartedly!

Quote:
And I see myself as the hottest thing since sliced bread.
THAT'S GREAT -- and don't every stop, IAN ...
Old 04-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #68  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
You know, I wasn't going to respond to this topic becuz this thread got way off track, but I just had to comment on SETH ROGAN. He's not that bad ... to me, he just looks like your every day average guy. I could see how some women would find him attractive, and if you added a great sense of humor and a nice personality on top of that -- he's a winner!

I care more about the kind of man he is than his looks. Is he kind? Is he caring? Is he respectful? OR, is he selfish and self-centered? Is he responsible? Does he have a job? That shows more about his character. A sense of humor is a must becuz life is tuff enuff without taking it too serious. Can he have fun? And so on ...

The real losers are those that are so closed-minded that they still don't realize that "BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER," and that it's unwise to judge a book solely by its cover. They may pass up a gem while looking for a fantasy ...

Well of course, but you have to get to the "I want to get to know you better" stage first, right? There is first impression of attractiveness and then there is "once I got to know you" kind of attractiveness.

A LOT of physical imperfections are totally irrelevant once you get to know the other parts of a person. Just like the most attractive person in the world can turn "ugly" if their nature is ugly.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #69  
Rosebud

Quote:
Well of course, but you have to get to the "I want to get to know you better" stage first, right? There is first impression of attractiveness and then there is "once I got to know you" kind of attractiveness.

A LOT of physical imperfections are totally irrelevant once you get to know the other parts of a person. Just like the most attractive person in the world can turn "ugly" if their nature is ugly.
YES, you are right on both counts, esp the second half (I have seen that many times). I am just thinking of women that I know myself -- many of them did not marry model-looking men. Maybe when we are younger, the first impression attractiveness is more important, but when you are older or have been through a few not-so-great experiences like your second example -- you will see men differently. Well, I do anyways ...