Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 06:48 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat/Sun March 2-3, 2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's websitek
Old 03-02-2013, 07:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Heading out to the family farm to do some visiting and snowmobiling. The weather is actually suppossed to be nice.

NSV - spent quite a bit of time yesterday hiking up my pants - my belt is on it's last hole and it may be time to put some suspenders on to keep my pants up. Not quite ready for a new (smaller) pants size just yet but awfully close.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:21 AM   #3  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
Heading out to the family farm to do some visiting and snowmobiling. The weather is actually suppossed to be nice.

NSV - spent quite a bit of time yesterday hiking up my pants - my belt is on it's last hole and it may be time to put some suspenders on to keep my pants up. Not quite ready for a new (smaller) pants size just yet but awfully close.
Someone told me yesterday it looked like I had a "hitch in my giddy-up" because I was walking a bit funny and that hit me as a funny expression. Now I can pass that saying on today too, 'cause that expression probably will suit you fine today, as you're walking around hitchin' up your britches all day!
Old 03-02-2013, 08:32 AM   #4  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post

Glad to see you're noticing the effects. It's not all about the scale, although it's always nice to see that move.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Hi, Everyone!

Long time no post! I've been away writing.

I went to reorder IP supplements from PlainProtein.com http://www.plainprotein.com/suppleme...ura-potassium/. It looks like the potassium supplement now being sold is the same as what I can buy locally. Does that seem to match what you are finding with your vendors? Where is the magnesium shifted to now that it is no longer with the potassium?

I apologize if this has been answered already, but I did not find it when I searched the forum.

Thanks!
Old 03-02-2013, 08:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
Glad to see you're noticing the effects. It's not all about the scale, although it's always nice to see that move.
True on both counts.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:52 AM   #7  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureFitChick View Post
Hi, Everyone!

I went to reorder IP supplements from PlainProtein.com http://www.plainprotein.com/suppleme...ura-potassium/. It looks like the potassium supplement now being sold is the same as what I can buy locally. Does that seem to match what you are finding with your vendors? Where is the magnesium shifted to now that it is no longer with the potassium?

I apologize if this has been answered already, but I did not find it when I searched the forum.

Thanks!
It's in the Cal-Mag supplements.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:52 AM   #8  

Quote:
Hi, Everyone!

Thanks!
I haven't purchased supplements since the change was instituted altho I "heard" about it.
Yay! I'm glad they took the excess calcium out!
There is still the cal/mag for magnesium.
Research has been coming out about probs with excess calcium.

When I think of things that can good for us but harmful in excess I think of nuts. They are uber-good for us! (in maintenance) I can't eat "one serving" and stop so nuts aren't good for me!
Old 03-02-2013, 09:05 AM   #9  
PCOS. Started IP 3/8/13

S/C/G: 285/247.1/165

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!

I have a newbie question. I love lime and often use it for flavoring or marinating chicken/fish. I don't see lime on my approved IP food sheet, but I see mention of it in some of the threads and in IP recipes.

Is lime permissible in Phase 1?

Thanks in Advance!
Old 03-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

DoingItDeb:
Regarding your menu yesterday...I don't think I saw that you used your oil. Definitely make sure you get that in!
Old 03-02-2013, 09:16 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I haven't purchased supplements since the change was instituted altho I "heard" about it.
Yay! I'm glad they took the excess calcium out!
There is still the cal/mag for magnesium.
Research has been coming out about probs with excess calcium.

When I think of things that can good for us but harmful in excess I think of nuts. They are uber-good for us! (in maintenance) I can't eat "one serving" and stop so nuts aren't good for me!
I didn't think that calcium excesses were reached until 2 or 2.5 g/day. (The supplements provided only about 25% of that level.) Still, that is a huge cutback on the potassium, unless the previous form and this one have very different bioavailabilities.

Thanks!
Old 03-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #12  
IP Start 01/25/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygirl05 View Post
Good Morning!

I have a newbie question. I love lime and often use it for flavoring or marinating chicken/fish. I don't see lime on my approved IP food sheet, but I see mention of it in some of the threads and in IP recipes.

Is lime permissible in Phase 1?

Thanks in Advance!
My coach said lemon and lime were permissible.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:42 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 222/192/165

Height: 5'9"

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
DoingItDeb:
Regarding your menu yesterday...I don't think I saw that you used your oil. Definitely make sure you get that in!
Thank you...I did forget to oil. I will put it on my salad today.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:45 AM   #14  

Quote:
I didn't think that calcium excesses were reached until 2 or 2.5 g/day. (The supplements provided only about 25% of that level.) Still, that is a huge cutback on the potassium, unless the previous form and this one have very different bioavailabilities.
I'm doing some reading and found this:
In states where non-prescription potassium citrate is legal, the maximum allowable over-the-counter (OTC) dose for elemental potassium is regulated by the FDA to be no more than 100 mg (approximately 3% of the daily allowance).

That would explain the 99 mg dosage

Also found this:
potassium bicarbonate requires more dosing per day than potassium citrate. The dosing increases are due to potassium bicarbonate's propensity to be metabolized into bicarbonate in the liver.

This might explain the dose reduction from 800 mg potassium bicarb to 99 mg potassium cit

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-02-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #15  
IP Start 01/25/13

Thought this was cute in case anyone missed it:

http://www.arcamax.com/thefunnies/onebighappy/
Closed Thread