Old 01-31-2013, 01:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 290 / 225 /170?

Height: 5'9"

Default Some questions about Atkins

Ok, thinking of doing Atkins, and I have a couple of questions.

1. Why is the 2002 and older versions of the book recommended here, out of curiosity. I have a 2004 copy of "Atkins For Life". What are the differences between the versions?

2. Why is a supplement with NO IRON recommended? I have been recently diagnosed with iron-deficient anemia and am supposed to be taking an iron supplement ordered by my doctor. Just wondering if there is a particular reason?

Oh yeah, and #3: What is this "Induction Flu" I'm reading a bit about on here?

Thanks!

Last edited by Tinky; 01-31-2013 at 01:12 AM.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:26 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Ok, thinking of doing Atkins, and I have a couple of questions.

1. Why is the 2002 and older versions of the book recommended here, out of curiosity. I have a 2004 copy of "Atkins For Life". What are the differences between the versions?

The 2002 or prior versions of Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution are recommended because Dr. Atkins himself wrote them. Atkins for Life is a good addition to Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution but....if you want to do Atkins correctly, the way Dr. Atkins intended it be done, following the books he wrote himself is recommended.

2. Why is a supplement with NO IRON recommended? I have been recently diagnosed with iron-deficient anemia and am supposed to be taking an iron supplement ordered by my doctor. Just wondering if there is a particular reason?

Since meat is a big part of Atkins and meat contains a lot of iron as well as lots of veggies, this is the reason for a supplement with no iron.

Oh yeah, and #3: What is this "Induction Flu" I'm reading a bit about on here?

During Induction some people experience "Induction Flu" which can produce headache & fatigue. Not everyone experiences this (I did not) but, for those who do, I understand drinking some broth helps greatly.

Thanks!
All the best to you!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 01-31-2013 at 07:27 AM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 290 / 225 /170?

Height: 5'9"

Thanks!

I found it - I have the 2002 Atkins book too! I am kind of a book hoarder. I know I bought a version of it and tucked it back somewhere! Yay!
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote