Old 06-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #1  
Started IP: June 2012

S/C/G: 172/158/143

Height: 5'5"

Default First time poster...

Good morning! I have been on IP for just over 3 weeks now, and have been following these posts, which have given me inspiration to keep going. Today, however, I could use some help/advice/motivation...I weigh myself every day (I know, I'm not supposed to) and have been at exactly the same weight for 11 days! I don't understand. I feel like I have been on plan, what's going on? Should I cut out all restricteds? Anyone else have this problem?

Just feeling a little lost, frustrated and alone in this journey. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
DenverGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #2  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning and welcome! I don't claim to be an expert, having only been OP 4 weeks myself. What does your coach say? Are you taking all your supplements and getting up to 3 tablespoons of evoo each day? 8 oz of lean meat each day? And it has been stressed to me to be sure to eat every 4 - 5hours. You should be ok having only 1 restricted each day, but some have cut them out altogether when they've stalled, with varying results.

Stick with it, make sure you're 100% OP, and things will begin moving in the right direction again.
greeniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:13 PM   #3  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Good morning and welcome! I don't claim to be an expert, having only been OP 4 weeks myself. What does your coach say? Are you taking all your supplements and getting up to 3 tablespoons of evoo each day? 8 oz of lean meat each day? And it has been stressed to me to be sure to eat every 4 - 5hours. You should be ok having only 1 restricted each day, but some have cut them out altogether when they've stalled, with varying results.

Stick with it, make sure you're 100% OP, and things will begin moving in the right direction again.
3 TBSP of olive oil? That seems high to me, even though I don't measure mine anymore because I know it's healthy fat, but 3 could be on the high side. I believe protocol recommends 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil or grapeseed oil.

Regarding your stall of 11 days, how close are you to goal? As your body gets closer it will have some plateaus to "breath" before starting to lose again. Some have gone on bootcamp for a couple days to make the scale move, switch up what time of day you eat, what kind of veggies etc, let your body know that this won't be the exact routine for the rest of forever. Good luck, and welcome to the forums!

Last edited by Kaypix; 06-26-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #4  

Thanks guys, I needed that! Kaypix...GREAT idea about switching it up -- I have been eating pretty much the exact same thing everyday. There's a farmer's market here today, so I may head over (after lunch so as to avoid temptation) and see what kinds of new veggies I can try.

Also, what about exercise? I have been an avid exerciser for a while, but was told to stop/hold back in my first few weeks of IP. Do you think that could help? I was thinking about running again, but am worried it would actually burn too many calories and push me into starvation mode. Any thoughts on this?
Old 06-26-2012, 12:45 PM   #5  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

DenverGal: I was a walker when I first started the protocol, or exactly starting at week 3, if you do exercise (there are a few avid exercisers here) I believe the rule is to add a packet either before or after you exercise so your body has something to burn besides muscle.
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:26 PM   #6  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverGal View Post
Good morning! I have been on IP for just over 3 weeks now, and have been following these posts, which have given me inspiration to keep going. Today, however, I could use some help/advice/motivation...I weigh myself every day (I know, I'm not supposed to) and have been at exactly the same weight for 11 days! I don't understand. I feel like I have been on plan, what's going on? Should I cut out all restricteds? Anyone else have this problem?

Just feeling a little lost, frustrated and alone in this journey. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Sorry about your frustration, but please note, you have given me hope. I just started last week and reading about when people sort of stall out on the weight loss, then reading all the great responses, makes my mind set cool with the fact that it is going to happen. Keep the faith and keep on keeping on.
jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:35 PM   #7  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:

I recently had an 11 day stall which ended in a 4lb weekly WI loss, so try not to stress too much. You are in week 3, so I am assuming you are probably just coming off some huge initial losses and wondering what's up. A true stall is something that happens after 3-4 weeks, but that doesn't mean tweaks can't be considered when you feel like something can be adjusted.

What does your menu look like now? Have you started exercising (that can actually slow losses if too high intensity)? Are you going to start TOM soon (unfortunately a monthly factor all us IP womenfolk need to take into account)? The very best thing you can do is to continue to follow the program, it is notorious for crazy drops in weight. One of my craziest was staying the same for 3 days, then gaining a pound, and keeping that for 2 days, then suddenly dropping 3 lb overnight, then another 2lb the next - for an overrall 4lb loss one week.

Don't let your daily WI numbers frustrate and dissapoint you, that's the danger is to self-sabotage. You simply can't NOT lose weight on this program, just follow your sheet, log EVERYTHING that you eat (even the 'extras' since they have carbs & calories too), and relax! The stress you put on yourself increases your cortisol levels which also hinders weight loss!

Last edited by LizRR; 06-26-2012 at 02:41 PM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #8  

Thanks LizRR -- actually you and I have something in common -- the reason for our goal (healthy baby-making weight )

I am a runner (chicago marathon last oct! aaannnnndddd no weight loss in the training process) but have put that on the back-burner. I just started walking (about an hour) and pilates in the past week -- 3-4 times a week, maybe I need to scale that back.

Another quick question -- what's the rules on edamame? I don't see it on the p1 sheet at all (either as OK or not). I was also thinking that if I am going to keep up the exercise, and do have to up the protein, that would be a good way to do it instead of another IP packet.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:02 PM   #9  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

I was wondering about the edamame too!!!

Quote:
Thanks LizRR -- actually you and I have something in common -- the reason for our goal (healthy baby-making weight )

I am a runner (chicago marathon last oct! aaannnnndddd no weight loss in the training process) but have put that on the back-burner. I just started walking (about an hour) and pilates in the past week -- 3-4 times a week, maybe I need to scale that back.

Another quick question -- what's the rules on edamame? I don't see it on the p1 sheet at all (either as OK or not). I was also thinking that if I am going to keep up the exercise, and do have to up the protein, that would be a good way to do it instead of another IP packet.
jmuroff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:35 PM   #10  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:

Sorry, no edamame.

I'm a former runner, I started walking now and honestly, at first found the slow pace so boring! No sweat, no huffing, no puffing...where's the fun in that? Now I really enjoy the time to enjoy listening to my music and the me time.

My coach advised me to keep exercise at a low intensity, low heart rate, comfortable breathing. Also, to add in an extra 4th packet and split half restricted before and finish the other half after (see below for how I had to modify to my routine). Typically walking, yoga, weights, and Pilates are okay. You may need to add in the 4th packet since an hour walk can burn more calories than this diet can sustain.

This is such a low calorie program, that too much exercise will put you in starvation mode (slowing weight loss) and without the glucose (sugar/carbs) and with no dietary protein intake your body will start burning muscle for that 'quick energy' when the intensity is too high. It was designed to work 'as is' with no working out (hard to get your mind around I know).

And FYI, my routine is 3x/week I jog a warmup mile then take a 1 hour weightlifting class. I eat a full restricted before and then have a full unrestricted after (I am HUNGRY after lifting), then time my other 2 IP packets & dinner accordingly. Other days I mall walk ~2 miles at a very slow pace and do not add a 4th packet those days.

Last edited by LizRR; 06-26-2012 at 05:41 PM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:53 AM   #11  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

I thought 3 Tabs of evoo sounded like a lot too, and I've never had that much in a day. (I usually have a hard time getting the minimum amount in.) However, both the Dr and coach at my clinic did say "up to 3 tablespoons" each day.

Glad those of you with more experience responded. I don't exercise much due to chronic pain, so didn't even think about that. (Learning, learning, learning!) Denver (& jw) - with Lizz & Kaypix giving you advice, you can't go wrong!
greeniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 200/182/130

Height: 5"2

Did your coach take your measurements at your first appointment? Maybe you won't see a loss on the scale, but you may see a loss of inches!
Daisy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

I'm in Denver too! Starting soon.
locopollo is offline   Reply With Quote