View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #10
GailR
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

User Name: GailR Real Name: Gail

Starting weight/current/goal: 211/203.8/145

Age: 61....but....but...but I'm young! Really! If 60 is the new 40 then I'm 41!

Marital Status: Married for 41 years to a younger man. Okay so he's only months younger!

Children: Two daughters with their own families. Two granddaughters and one grandson.

Pets: No pets but I do have a granddog.

Work: I'm retired. I worked at the University of Delaware.

Plan: I'm new on the Beach. I've completed Phase I. The worst day was Day 12--I would have done serious bodily harm for an apple that day. The next day I was fine. Today is Day 3 on Phase II. I've tried every diet known to mankind to lose weight. And I did only to regain more. The family doctor suggested...no, he insisted...I follow The South Beach diet due to health reasons. And yes, he scheduled me back for a follow-up visit on April 9. This is the first diet (and I'm coming to the realization that this will have to be a lifestyle change for me) I've been on that I haven't been hungry. Except for that hideous Day 12, I have not craved carbs. I love that I don't have to weigh food, count points (WW style), count calories, write stuff down. I feel liberated! Yes, I'm a SB convert.

Favorite diet cheat: Right now...no cheats, but I am looking forward to drinking an occasional glass of wine with an ounce of dark chocolate on Easter Sunday.

Hobbies: Reading, knitting, walking the park with my husband, and being with my family. Not necessarily in that order.

Reasons for wanting to lose weight: I used to want to lose weight to wear a smaller size of clothes. Now it's for my health.

Last edited by GailR : 03-26-2012 at 09:27 AM.
GailR is offline   Reply With Quote