South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 08:24 AM   #1  

Unhappy Let the pityfest begin...

Okay...someone tell me that I'm not doing this for nothing. I'm feeling soooo frustrated this morning.

At day 4, I was down 4 lbs. I was so excited. Now, at day 8, I'm only down 2 lbs. That's 2 total...not in addition to the 4. So I gained 2 lbs back in the middle of phase 1???

I really don't get it. I have cheated ZERO times. I mean I've been following this thing to a T. The closest I have come to possibly cheating was having grilled sirloin one night for dinner. My portion sizes are not huge. I eat only when I'm hungry. Plenty of water. Fibercon. Vitamins. I feel like a walking billboard for healthful living.

I'm sure I just need to be patient and let it run it's course but at this moment, all I want to do is say "forget it" and run through the Krispy Kreme line.
Old 08-02-2003, 08:34 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Two pounds in a week is great! However, I know how frustrating it is not to be the norm.
Have you been posting your menues? And have you been drinking water?
Do not give up until the two weeks is over - and even then....
Hang in there!
Old 08-02-2003, 08:55 AM   #3  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Angry WOOOOO BRADYDAVE,NOT THE KRISPY CREME'S

Hold on there and take a breath of fresh air,,Now is not the time to give up!!! Just some helpful hints that might help u,but remember I am just a novice myself
  • I drink at least 120oz of water a day,,how much r u drinking?
  • It takes 1200 calories to gain a lb,no way u cld hv eaten that much and stayed on plan
  • R u getting anough exercise,,I can go out and run 20m/wlk 10m and sweat off 2lbs of water weight
  • Calcium(real dairy we can hv on our allowable list) helps in weight loss,need at least 3 a day
  • Certain foods r high in sodium,if u eat those drink plenty of water,,,I am a salt freak and that is why I drink so much water
  • Weight scales r not user friendly,that is why I can do a great balancing act on a daily basis on mine just to see how many different weights it thinks I am
  • I am going out running b4 it gets any hotter and wl try and think of some other things to help u but PLEASE do not give up...U hv lost and wl still loose more.........we r here for u and wl get our heads together and lick this prob u r having............GOFISHIN
Old 08-02-2003, 09:47 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Brady, I "only" lost 5 pounds the first two weeks. Don't get frustrated... it'll come...
Old 08-02-2003, 09:51 AM   #5  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Default I HATE Scales!

Arghh...I really do hate scales. I know they are a necessary evil (emphasis on the EVIL), and I do own and use one (probably too much! ) but still don't like them too much.

The scale only tells part of the story. It sounds like you are really sticking to your healthier eating habits, and that is wonderful!
My weight can flucuate 4-5 pounds in ONE DAY according to my scale! That isn't humanly possible!

So when I don't like what the scale is telling me (and I haven't made daily trips to Krispy Kreme! ) I try to find other ways to measure my progress: making healthy food choices, exercising as planned, how my uniform fits, and just how I feel..

So congratulate yourself on all the positive changes you are making and tell the scale to go pound salt!
Old 08-02-2003, 11:48 AM   #6  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Less than delicate question: Have you been constipated at all? That may have caused the weight gain.
Old 08-02-2003, 02:37 PM   #7  
Mous

Think about this:

Your insides are doing a dance. The fat is flowing and going where it goes so that it can be excreted, your blood is happy that all that fat is gone and your other organs are smiling because they don't have to work so hard.

So, you may not be losing pounds, but maybe an inch or two and your insides are HAPPY!

Lady
Old 08-02-2003, 02:58 PM   #8  

Unhappy

Bradydave:

Please, please don't be discouraged .... I'm on my 2nd round of phase I after screwing up and I've only lost 10 pounds ( in a total time period of about 4 weeks) ... I'm going to move into Phase II as scheduled tomorrow ...

Even though you may be below the "norm" don't you feel better eating right ??? (I went by Krispy Kreme this morning ... don't even really register the place anymore!!!)

Stick with it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2003, 03:23 PM   #9  

Thanks, y'all. I appreciate your support more than you can imagine.

In answer to everyone's questions...I drank at least eight 24 oz. glasses of water yesterday, and have done about the same every day. I did have a constipation problem until I started taking Fibercon every day. Now I seem to be fine. I'm eating three servings of cheese a day. (One in my morning omelet, a cheese crisp, and cheese on my salad for dinner.)

The weird thing is that the four pound loss was evident on the first day of my period. Now that today is my last day, I'm registering a gain. I'm in the Twilight Zone. You'd think I would have lost even more at this point. I guess that was what I was counting on and when the scale said 153, I almost fainted. Well, not really fainted...but I contemplated kicking the scale.

Oh well...I'll keep plugging away in hopes that things speed up a bit. Contrary to my first post, I really wouldn't go to Krispy Kreme. Frankly, the thought of the place kindof sends my stomach into sommersaults now. That's a good thing. It's true that the cravings go away.

Again...thanks, girls. I'm not sure what I'd do without ya!
Erika
Old 08-02-2003, 04:14 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, without us, you'd probably go to Krispy Creme! I know I would if there was one out here in the Ontario wilderness!
It'll happen! Don't give up. I was at 212 for months!
Old 08-02-2003, 07:08 PM   #11  

There's a Krispy Cream display just inside the doors of our grocery store. When we went in yesterday there were two ladies looking at them - I couldn't help it!! I just said " uh, uh, uh!! and kept going! I'm glad they couldn't see the smirk on my face and I didn't dare look back! Hang in there- everyone's right-just give it some time as discouraging as it is. It didn't go on in a day and it won't go away in a day!
Closed Thread