Old 02-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

Default What type clothing do you wear to exercise?

I need some help. I seriously need something to wear to exercise in at the gym.

I have a few pairs of yoga pants that I bought at Old Navy a few years back but I absolutely roast in pants. So I took my rotary cutter to those suckers. Now I have shorts. That was working just fine for a while, but now that I've lost right at 25 lbs they will not stay up when I am on the treadmill. I don't want to drop $15-20 a pair for yoga pants only to cut them into shorts.

I own like one tshirt that I can work out in. I have tons of vneck shirts but they are too dressy for the gym and even when I wear a tank if I lean over to pick up weights, etc.. my tatas are exposed to the world. In our small town we have only two stores that I can shop at. I went to both Catos and Walmart. Catos had NOTHING as far as workout wear. Everything was dressy and that is so not me even if I am not working out. Walmart had a few tshirts but I can no buy shirts there. They shrink every single time. They are fine width wise, but not length. I need a long shirt to cover my belly when I am reaching up. I don't want flab flashing to the world.

I need a good sports bra as well. I can't find a single one around here to fit me. Im like a 56 C. I have a big midsection but not so big in the girls.

If I am at home it isn't even an issue. I just sling on some cut off pj bottoms and a mens tanktop. But now that we have a gym membership I have to find something decent to wear to work out in. What do you wear?
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #2  

I don't go to a gym. I thought at first you wanted general stuff to wear. I was going to say loose.

However, after you lost your britches so the chickens could see your bloomers, I'd probably redefine "loose" as comfy LOLOL.

I was going to suggest a thrift shop, but sounds like you live way out. I always wore shorts when I did go to the gym, but hated the way my rubbing thighs would make them ride up and look like my crotch was eating them. The best shorts I wore hugged my thighs like bicycle pants, but didn't have the padded crotch for bike riding. They also pulled up to the boobs (almost) and a regular T worked. Oh, and the T's I bought at Wally world were men's. They seemed to be longer than women's tshirts. You might be stuck ordering something online.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:16 PM   #3  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

Check out clearance stuff on onestopplus.com. They usually have tshirts for $3-$4, prolly find some knit capris or something like that for cheap too. I like their stuff cause they tell you the length. I'm the same way about short shirts, I tend to order "tunics" because they are longer.
rachaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #4  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

www.jms.com

If I can find some of the jms at walmart, great. Otherwise order online.

I wear a Champion t-shirt that hits about at the hip and bike style compression shorts. Moving Comfort Woman hits long at the hip -- www.tworoadsfitness.com sometimes carries MCW. Can also try www.junonia.com

What's your underbust measure? That's the band size. Round to even if you need to.

And your widest at the bust? Subtract the band. It would be 2 inches for C cup. 3 for a D. 4 for DD. And so on. You want to be sure to be in a supportive bra.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 02-17-2012 at 02:47 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #5  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

For pants I tend to wear tights with a pair of shorts over them. Super comfortable, lightweight, and can pick up either. For shirts I usually end up wearing workout tanks with a built in sports bra. They hug my chest pretty tight so when I bend over no boobies show. Mine go down to my hips but if you don't want that there are some that go down further. Dankskin(or something) sells at walmart, and i've had no problem with the shirt shrinking(and I wash each one twice a week). I've had them for a year and still going strong ^_^ And they form to your body and smooth everything out, even if they are skintight very comfortable to work in as well.

Last edited by baker23; 02-17-2012 at 03:35 PM.
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Thanks everyone!

I am open to shopping online as the shops around here are very limited. I just can never find anything in my size or that I like. I'm a major tomboy on top of being heavy. It's hard to find something I will actually wear.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote