Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 08:16 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default MRC February 2012 Thread

I hope everyone has a great month!!!

Old 02-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #2  

Welcome to February! I forgot and posted in January here's to my last month on plan...then on to stabilization!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to February! Can't believe January is over all ready. Congratulations nwcgina! Good luck.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #4  

Welcome to February... Wishing everyone a great weight loss this week and on thru the month.

Iforgot to ask when I weighed in yesterday what the new programs are.

Patzi
Old 02-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #5  

I've decided to set a non-weight goal for myself this month...more sleep! This is after only getting about 6 hours last night and feeling blah today. I had heard about how sleep helps you lose weight, but I never took the time to see what they were talking about. I found a great article on WebMD. Check this out:
Understanding the Sleep-Diet Connection
The sleep-diet connection is regular fodder for diet books and magazine articles. Maybe you have even heard about the sleep diet, which suggests you can lose weight while you catch your ZZZs.

And it’s true, sort of.

“It’s not so much that if you sleep, you will lose weight, but if you are sleep-deprived, meaning that you are not getting enough minutes of sleep or good quality sleep, your metabolism will not function properly,” explains Michael Breus, PhD, author of Beauty Sleepand the clinical director of the sleep division for Arrowhead Health in Glendale, Ariz.

On average, we need about 7.5 hours of quality sleep per night, he says. “If you are getting this already, another half hour will not help you lose 10 pounds, but if you are a five-hour sleeper and start to sleep for seven hours a night, you will start dropping weight.”

Exactly how lack of sleep affects our ability to lose weight has a lot to do with our nightly hormones, explains Breus.

The two hormones that are key in this process are ghrelin and leptin. “Ghrelin is the ‘go’ hormone that tells you when to eat, and when you are sleep-deprived, you have more ghrelin,” Breus says. “Leptin is the hormone that tells you to stop eating, and when you are sleep deprived, you have less leptin.”

More ghrelin plus less leptin equals weight gain.

“You are eating more, plus your metabolism is slower when you are sleep-deprived,” Breus says.
So, my goal is lights out no later than 11:30 pm every night since I have to be up by 6:30 am. No iPhone and no tv. Those are my downfalls. If I can do it earlier, I will try. But I figure I have to start somewhere. And who knows, I may feel tons better for it.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:52 PM   #6  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

JenB..Is the ad you're in with you in a red dress? I'm pretty sure it is, and if so, it's here in my local newspaper today! I think I saw it a few weeks back and it didn't register! Way to go..that is just SO awesome!
Old 02-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocki View Post
JenB..Is the ad you're in with you in a red dress? I'm pretty sure it is, and if so, it's here in my local newspaper today! I think I saw it a few weeks back and it didn't register! Way to go..that is just SO awesome!
LOL Yup, that's it. Was it in the St. Pete/Tampa Times?
Old 02-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #8  
Not fat, just fluffy!

S/C/G: 270/**see ticker**/200

Height: 5'9

Hey Guys!!! Sorry I've been MIA for awhile...been super super busy and my computers all over my house haven't been working correctly. Finally have one fixed so I can come see you guys more!!! YAY! As of monday I was sitting at the 20 pound board. I am five pounds behind what I should be and my councelor is....well not very nice about it. I'm not letting it slow me down though cause this is the farthest I've ever gotten in my dieting without quitting! So it's on to bigger and better numbers.

DH was sooo great Sunday...we made a mad dash up to Bella Vista, AR which is an hour and a half away from home so I could buy an Elliptical. (Very pricey, almost new, beautiful elliptical!) I got it off craigslist and it was super cheap compared to what they sell for in stores. During the trip up and back we talked about ME! How he's proud of me for not quitting, proud of my willpower to keep going and resist things that he's had sitting out forever and a day. He also said that I was looking gorgeous. Of course, that kinda got a frowny face cause he always calls me gorgeous. He requalified that with all his guys friends are commenting on my weight loss and some we're heard saying Russ' wife was looking smoking! I don't know of anyone who that wouldn't have made their day!

I think I am going to go back to the centers HNS just to see if I can tell a difference in the weightloss. The nutrition info for what I was using is better than their HNS and I know that protidiet brand and the MRC brand are most likely made in same factory...but I kinda just want to check. So I'll try another month of just strictly MRC and if I see more of a loss, I'll probably just stick with theirs through the remainder of my program.

I can't wait to catch up with everybody again!!! Have a great day guys!!! And enjoy Super Bowl weekend!!! Thank God I'll be working soo no temptations to snack! YAY FOR ME!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

JenB - Totally agree on the sleep issue. I've always had better weigh-ins after I've gotten at lease 7 hours per night... feel even better when I get 8 or so! I never believed it would have an effect until I gained 2 pounds after the day after Thanksgiving up-all-night-for-the-sales-hunting fiasco!

Cassie - Congratulations! New elliptical is rockin'! I use mine when I can't get to Zumba or if I'm feeling "blah". I love your comments about your husband. My husband also calls me beautiful all the time and I didn't believe him because he did even before I lost the weight. He tells me that my body has always been beautiful and that it's even more special for the babies it's given to him... stretchmarks and all! It's sweet of your hubby to encourage you. I think it makes all the difference...

I'm struggling with accepting compliments on my weight loss, for some reason. It kind of embarrasses me or I don't believe they're really meaning it...
Old 02-01-2012, 02:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

I know what you guys mean about not believing your spouses when telling you are beautiful. Mine, as yours, has always told me I'm beautiful even when heavier. It wasn't until others told me that I started believing it. The other day I repeated something a coworker said to me and he said "I just said that to you but you never believe me. It takes someone else to tell you before you believe it?" I told him yes because he loves me unconditionally and hearing it from someone not like that makes me believe it more. He just started laughing and said whatever it takes. Gotta love it. hehe
Old 02-01-2012, 02:52 PM   #11  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Awesome job Cassie, Fluffy and Rachel! You all are doing great and you're all beautiful! I'm totally with you on the hubby saying it all the time..It somehow seems more "real" when others say it b/c they may not see you every day and don't love you no matter what! But, same can be said for most hubbys..I tell mine something and it's in one ear, out the other. His BFF tells him something and all of a sudden its gospel! LOL
Old 02-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 238.5/198/162

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone. Happy February! I've had a rough couple of days for some reason. Not really sure why, other than I'm sort of fighting a head cold and haven't been sleeping--which might be my answer. I broke down and ate pizza last night with the family because I was just HUNGRY. Then we made oatmeal raisin cookies for grandpa's birthday--because we do every year--and I had two of those for breakfast this morning. I'm better now though, so I don't really know what it was. Just had a completely OP lunch and haven't snacked or anything so maybe it was just a fluke. I am just SO ready to be DONE.
Off topic--but whatever happened to the lady who had lost almost 100 lbs.? She worked with candy or something, and traveled a lot. I don't remember her name, but she was SO motivated. I just wondered what happened to her, as I haven't seen anything of her since before Christmas.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 260/245.5/160

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to February!
Tomorrow will be my milestone for being 30 days on the plan!
I feel like I still have the same amount of motivation and determination, but February is going to be a tough month for me.

2/3 - Superbowl Party (100% chance I'll have treats)
2/10 - Birthday Party (100% chance I'll have treats)
2/14 - THAT day. (50% chance I'll have treats)
2/16 - Retirement Party (10% chance I'll have treats)

At last weigh in, I didn't lose any weight, but I didn't gain any either. I find myself almost afraid to put ANYTHING in my mouth (even the OP food). I don't want to throw myself into starvation, so I'm working really hard to eat everything OP, and not go more than 2-3 hours before having a meal or HNS. I'm afraid of what the scale is going to say Friday - if I haven't lost anything, I'm going to be REALLY bummed.

On a more positive note - congrats to all the ladies whose husbands (and friends) have noticed & complimented you on your weight loss. If I may be so bold as to offer a bit of advice, just say, "thank you!" and keep it moving no matter if your internal voice is saying something else.

Last edited by LeoTheLioness; 02-01-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:59 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 208/203/165

Height: 5'5

I did forget about the temptations that are going to be at the superbowl party's. Oh No.

- I am going to try and put an HSN in a wine glass or better yet maybe fill an empty beer can up with an HSN What ever works.

Any other suggestions?
Old 02-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 260/245.5/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Wants to Live View Post
I did forget about the temptations that are going to be at the superbowl party's. Oh No.

- I am going to try and put an HSN in a wine glass or better yet maybe fill an empty beer can up with an HSN What ever works.

Any other suggestions?
Yes. The party I'm attending doesn't start until almost 5 p.m., so -
1) I plan to follow the menu the entire day as opposed to "going crazy" the whole day.

2) I'm limiting the amount of each treat I'm going to have.

3) I will be drinking plenty of water - before, during & after.

4) I will remain relatively sober since alcohol tends to make me say, "to **** with it!"

5) I like Vodka AND Wine. If I drink Vodka, I'm going to mix it with flavored, sparkling mineral water & a twist of lime. If I drink wine, there will be no mixing. LOL!
Closed Thread