Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 01-29-2012, 03:34 PM   #1  
Just gettin' started..

S/C/G: 230/ticker/180

Height: 5'2

Default One month down...10lbs gone!

Like most people I hopped on the weight loss wagon at the beginning of the month. There were lots of factors that came into play to get me to this point.

After 4 weeks I have dropped 10 lbs. Now i realize some of that is water weight etc, but I'll happily take that loss!

Since hubby and i agreed that we see no more babies in our future, I figured now was the time to focus on getting myself healthier to care for the ones we do have.

Though my journey is just starting and is longer than most, I am happy to have a place like this where I can find tips, ideas and motivation to keep going!

Hoping y'all are finding renewed motivation in reaching your own mini-goals!
mellyme123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175.6/Ticker/143

Height: 5'4''

I started at the beginning of this month too. Great to hear that you lost 10 pounds. Should be proud of yourself
Eurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/232/175

Height: 5' 6"

Good luck with the weight loss! Congrats on the 10 lbs loss. I think you've done great!

I'm in a simliar situation. We have two little ones, and are not planning on having any more.

My motivation was via my daughter's health and wellbeing. Her doctor gave us very specific tips to help us help her become healthier, which has forced us all to change our habits.

Most tips were simple: drink plenty of water (including one 8oz glass before meals), serve already made up plates (rather than having the food on the table - removes temptation for seconds at dinner), eat slower, exercise every day for 30 minutes - my ddaughter likes TV exercise/dancing videos.

Thankfully she has taken well to it... and so has every else.

Everyone has lost some weight over the past two weeks. So far so good...

It was also helpful to join our local YMCA that gives me two hours of free childcare each day to work out, and a nice pool for family swim.

Good luck with your jouney. 3FC is full of great support (and ideas!).
Nimue Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:12 PM   #4  
Just gettin' started..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimue Rose View Post
serve already made up plates (rather than having the food on the table - removes temptation for seconds at dinner), eat slower, exercise every day for 30 minutes - my ddaughter likes TV exercise/dancing videos.
Good idea! Putting this into practice tonight...the rest of the family can benefit from better eating habits too.

Dancing videos are great...I have a playlist on my MP3 player with songs like the ones on the vidoes... I listen while grocery shopping, folding laundry, cleaning, etc. Makes the time fly as I boogie the calories away
Old 01-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/ see ticker /147

Height: 5/4

Great job! YOur hard work is really paying off, keep it up
roxybabay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:42 PM   #6  
Just gettin' started..

Thanks roxy! I don't see where I have lost the weight...I still feel the same so I am looking forward to seeing some changes as I start hitting certain milestones. In the mean time I am enjoying the knowledge that those 10 lbs are no longer calling my body "home".
Old 01-30-2012, 09:23 AM   #7  
HijabiMommaBear

S/C/G: 335/ticker/316

Height: 5' 8"

great job love! keep it up!
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:34 AM   #8  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellyme123 View Post
Like most people I hopped on the weight loss wagon at the beginning of the month. There were lots of factors that came into play to get me to this point.

After 4 weeks I have dropped 10 lbs. Now i realize some of that is water weight etc, but I'll happily take that loss!

Since hubby and i agreed that we see no more babies in our future, I figured now was the time to focus on getting myself healthier to care for the ones we do have.

Though my journey is just starting and is longer than most, I am happy to have a place like this where I can find tips, ideas and motivation to keep going!

Hoping y'all are finding renewed motivation in reaching your own mini-goals!
I'm proud of you for taking control of everything that you want out of this experience! You CAN do this and you WILL do this! Congrats on the 10lbs!
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 366/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9

10 pounds is a big deal! Congrats and keep up the good work!
Lunalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 357/ticker/157

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimue Rose View Post
It was also helpful to join our local YMCA that gives me two hours of free childcare each day to work out, and a nice pool for family swim.
I recommend the YMCA to everyone who has kids and "zero time to work out". Our local branch provides child care and has a pool as well.
saltatoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:29 AM   #11  
Just gettin' started..

Thank you all for the wonderful comments...It's nice to be able to share these mini accomplishments with those on a similar journey.