Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 01-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #1  

Default Has anyone tried prescription weight loss?

Hello Everyone,
I am new here and am seeking some advice and it seems that this is the place to go. I have been considering prescription weight loss. I have about 150 lbs to lose and and tried absolutely everything - diet, exercise, I even saw 3 different doctors and nothing has worked. I have considered having my stomach stapled but my doctor does not think I am a good candidate. He has mentioned prescription weight loss along with diet and exercise. He mentioned a place called Prescription Weight Loss Clinic that is near by and I was looking for some advice on this. Has anyone tried prescription weight loss? Have you tried this place that he told me about? How much have you lost? What was your experience like?
Any replies or advice would really help! My wedding is in 10 months and I am hoping to look great in my dress!
-Lauren
andersonlauren78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

I am not familiar with this particular program. My mom is doing a weight loss program through Physicians Weightloss Center, which by looking at the website for Prescription WLC, is very similar.
It requires a very low calorie, strict diet. She has lost about 55 lbs in about half the time it has taken me to lose a comparable amount. From what I can tell by what she eats, it is a very high protein diet combined with supplements to help you feel full. She also purchases many of their products like oatmeal and meal replacement bars.
Both options are quite costly but it has been working for her but ONLY if you follow their program.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

I don't know about Prescription, but I had a bad experience with Physicians Weight Loss about 25 years ago. After I signed up they gave me a menu plan with the daily calories adding up to 500!!! Even in my 20s I knew this was insane. I told them I would not do it. So they gave me a "modified" plan with 800 calories per day, which in retrospect is still crazy low. I kept my contract with them, which basically meant weighing myself every week on their scale, and ended up devising MY OWN menu plan and losing 45 pounds on it. Waste of money, if you ask me.

Freelance
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 210.2/202.8/150

Height: 5'6"

It may work & you may lose the weight initially but its not sustainable, meaning that when you start to eat more than that you'll put the weight back on at a quick rate. For me, it just wouldn't be worth it.
LW12 is offline   Reply With Quote