Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-25-2012, 06:18 PM   #1  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Default Big gain this week....ugh.

4.4 pounds gained this week. I knew I had gained (or at least I had a feeling) but I had no idea it was this high.

Still, though...I'm having a hard time making myself feel bad about it. (That's probably a good thing, right?) It's been an extremely difficult week; my second-youngest uncle died suddenly last Thursday and his remains haven't been returned to us for burial yet. I've been sad and depressed and haven't been exercising the way I normally do, plus my eating's been way out of whack. I don't believe there's ANY way I ate enough extra to put on four and a half pounds of fat. Plus, TOM is due this weekend, and I'm chalking at least part of this "gain" up to major bloating.

Yeah, maybe I am just making excuses. But I just can't bring myself to beat myself up over this. Tomorrow's the start of a new week and I'll start over from there.

..I'm still pretty pissed about the gain, though. *L*
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 198.6 / 192.4 / under 150

Height: 5'5"

Sorry to hear about your uncle. It's ok to take a few days "off" when you are dealing with something like that.

You are right not to beat yourself up about the gain. I highly doubt it's fat anyway. You would have had to eat 15,400 calories OVER maintenance! Most likely you've had more sodium than usual and that plus TOM is causing water weight.

Start over tomorrow, like you said, watch the sodium and drink a lot of water. That weight will be right back down in a day or two.
mizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #3  

I'm sorry about your uncle.

Like you wrote, though, there's no way that's 4 lbs. of fat.

Also, I'm glad you're not beating yourself up about this: It's perfectly normal for our weight to fluctuate a few pounds here and there. The important part is that you know you'll get right back on track and the weight will go back down.

I feel your pain, though. One of the main reasons I don't like weighing regularly is that I tend to let the vicissitudes of the scale affect me too much.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #4  
Fluffy Diva

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

My condolences to you and your family.

Remember we only fail at something when we stop trying. You are right not to beat yourself up about it and to make a fresh start.

I used to go on a guilt trip and gain more. Not good lol.
Mamalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 333/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'3"

((hugs)) I'm so sorry for your loss. I think that it's wise to be kind to yourself just now. And I definitely agree that you did NOT consume enough calories to gain that much fat - TOM plus extra sodium = water retention. You'll throw that off in no time.
Sunshine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:49 AM   #6  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I'm so sorry to hear about your awful week. The body is an amazing thing, not like a machine at all. I think stress triggers water retention and doesn't allow it to let go of fat. Preparing for a famine? I don't know. But I never lose and often gain during times of a true stress.

Of course the best thing to do when you're ultra stressed is exercise.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote