General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-25-2012, 07:59 AM   #1  
Amazing will be me

Default Anyone dyed their hair this year as part of a "new You"

Its something i keep coming back to i have done for years. Im naturally dark brown, but have been dying my hair black the past 8years.

Its safe it suits me , but sometimes i really want to get away form it. Id love to try a light brown/blonde. Just to try ive had the same look forever.

I know the black well be a nightmare to lift , but besides that maybe its time to shake my look a bit, i have friends that change all the time.

Cant help but think im too safe with my look and almost boaring.

Even if i end up going back black after a few months , at least ive tried it???
Has anyone changed their look/hair as part of there new year new you?
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:29 AM   #2  
SE Asia, baby

S/C/G: 232/141/132

Height: 5'5

I got highlights to give me a new look!

I was so lucky to be born with mousy brown hair (HAHA!), but I never really had any interest in going lighter. I went into the salon wanting to go a shade darker, but my hairdresser convinced me otherwise. Instead he puts some gold highlights in, and I LOVE IT!

I definitely recommend giving it a shot. I think that a good hair style and/or color makes you feel so confident regardless of where you are on your weight loss journey.
graciegoose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:49 AM   #3  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

I allowed myself to be blonde again!
I'm naturally blonde and ever since I was 19 I dyed my hair every colour just to keep the blonde hidden. I had an issue with blonde hair I hated it for the longest time.

So here I am now, blonde and slowly growing out my hair this year instead of hacking it off VB style like I always do. Mind you I will still need to cut my hair for some time to get the tint of red out, but whatever. I think this year I'm going to try and go Monroe style since it's something I've never done.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:02 AM   #4  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 294/195/165

Height: 5'4.5

...does a new weave color count!?!?
Diamondonalandmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Ticker.

You may not want to go directly into a light shade from having it black. You'll find that the blonde will break.

I've kept my hair close to my natural color for over a year & doubt I'd do anything drastic again. Lol

Maybe when I transition into a new me with my weight loss, I may do something.
MissGuided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 114/107/105

Height: 5'2

What a great idea to change your haircolor up! A few things you'll want to be wary of...

If you've been coloring your own hair with box color, there will be color buildup. I'm assuming if you've been doing it on your own you have been applying root to end? This shouldn't scare you or your hairstylist, just have realistic expectations that your hair will probably be resistant and it may (and should, in my opinion) take a few times of lightening for you to ease into a newer, lighter tone. Make sure your stylist strand tests you, just so she knows what she is dealing with before she puts a whole bunch of foils in your hair, only to get uneven or unwanted results.

Also, another thing you could do is a color melt. They're all the rage right now and because you are already deep at the root, it would just be a matter of lightening your hair through the midshaft and ends. Colormelts can be as drastic or as subtle as you want. It's a beautiful way to change up your look and once the initial hair service is done, the only maintenence is just touching up your regrowth if your roots are lighter than what you've currently got on your hair.

keep us updated on what you decide!
paperdollme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:08 AM   #7  
Vegan for the animals.

I decided to stop dying my hair for environmental reasons about 2 years ago. However, I was just thinking today I'd like to let my hair grow out again and try a shoulder length style. I'm sick of this short cut right now.
VegDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:33 AM   #8  
Amazing will be me

im debating to totally dye my hair a different or treat my self to some long clip in extensions.

I know thats gearing away from the colour change thing but im going to have a good think
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:44 AM   #9  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

i didn't change my hair color, but i did get 12 inches chopped off!
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:46 AM   #10  

I have gone the other way for a "new" me. Instead of dying my hair to cover the grey ... I am allowing myself to go grey. I just wish it was the attractive grey that some people seem to have, which looks elegant... but no, it is it the salt and pepper look.

However, letting go of `colour' feels liberating.
Sinoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 181/139/120

Height: 5'3.5"

I haven't this year but I did at the end of the summer of '11. I dyed it a bright red...although it wasn't actually supposed to be that bright...and then it faded to a pink.
Nadya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

i have my hair done every 4 months. i get bored easily
CherryQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 210.2/202.8/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm someone that used to play with my hair colour quite a bit. I love it. An hour in the hair salon and you come out feeling like a new you. Why don't you have a think about a peekaboo hair dye job. Would save you faffing about with extensions and the hair colourist can make it as subtle or as bright as you wish. I think it would really suit you hun.
LW12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #14  

oh my. i bleached my naturally light brown/dark blonde hair for almost a year, then went red taht unfortunately went maroon(( a month later i wanted the bleach back, and told her to just start the process. well, she put a color stripper on it and i lost hair that i'd had for 25 years omg?????????????????? and it was all at the same time my mother passed away omg((((( i'll skip that tale. that was 3.5 years ago. i'm getting my hair filled out much better now, but i dont do alot of daily heat styling either. for a long time, i could do no color at all, and i did some treatments, and just basic trims and nothing stylish with tools. eventually i was able to get some blonde weaves in it but i couldnt get the person to do enough blonde so i ended up doing a light color but shortly went to just bleaching roots. i also took alot of the high dose biotin in that time period too. it's not worth it anymore. i get my roots done and have kept my hair. that's all the color i'm ever changing on it. and, that haircolor change had more effect on how i've been treated by other people than losing weight too. so i've got to try to keep it on my head.
thinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:57 PM   #15  
Tel

S/C/G: 317/304.6/145

Height: 5'4"

I started dying my hair last spring. I have the "mousy brown" look, and I went to a salon and really wanted a "new" me. I chopped off 8 inches (I have always hidden under long hair) and I added light reddish highlights and dark reddish lowlights.

Next visit, I went full red (with strawberry blonde highlights) and never turned back. I feel so confident, and like my new hair matches my spirit.

A good hairdresser can do amazing things and make great suggestions. I actually followed my stylist to a different salon last fall because we formed a great friendship.

DO IT!
Telorida is offline   Reply With Quote