Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/219/143

Height: 5'6"

Talking Looking For Some Advice

Hello all.
I'm a new arrival on the 3FC forums (found it yesterday). Just looking for some advice from the veterans here.
My weight has always fluctuated, though I've been on the rather heavy side for ages. I've gone through the battles of hating every part of my apperance for years. Something about college helped. Maybe it was the one person I had who made me feel beautiful and petite, but I got the extra boost I needed (unfortunately he's not a part of my life right now, so that made the last semester rather difficult).
I carry my weight decently and hope when I lose the weight I need to I can be even more proud of my appearance. It's been a long battle and the few victories have given me extra heart.
I'm in college and live on campus. While visiting home for winter break my mother decided she wanted to go back on MediFast and got me in on it as well. I had done it with her last summer, but because of my schedule just couldn't keep with it. I agreed thinking it wouldn't be too bad, but was faced with the realization my mum was paying for MediFast and I was going to waste my meal plan on campus. I don't have the money currently to keep up with MediFast and to be honest, I'd rather keep with a calorie counting diet. Mostly because calorie counting is less of a diet and more of a way of life. It forces you to pay more attention to what you're eating and in my opinion, you enjoy what you're eating more.
Now I am planning on finishing the rest of my MediFast, but I'm going to transition into regular calorie counting.
It's my last year here, I'm living by myself (staff position on campus!), and senior project is daunting, but will be manageable. I just want to feel (and look) fantastic for graduation.

I was just looking for anyone who had any advice on things to keep me on track or words of wisdom to pass on! Thanks ladies (and gents).
LuciMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

Welcome to 3FC.

Unfortunately, I had terrible eating (and drinking) habits in college for my undergrad. I did almost no exercise except during the summer. In graduate school I didn't do much better. It's very stressful and the hours can be crazy. You can take care of yourself without putting extra stress on yourself. There is tons of good advice here that will help you on your way as well as great support and motivation.

You have some MAJOR changes coming up and very exciting times in your future. Good Luck.
andrew80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck. It sounds like you already have lots of wisdom.You are right about calorie counting, it is free and will stand you in good stead when you get to goal and maintenance.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 235/219/143

Height: 5'6"

Thanks andrew80k and bargoo!
It's been difficult, but this past year I've been doing rather well. Well. At least I'm remembering to eat this semester. I was kind of living at Starbucks last semester. Research and coffee! Always a solid combination. Although when the staff knows you by name and gets started on your drink order (Venti Americano) as soon as you walk through the door, perhaps you should lay off a bit.

I actually just saw the calorie counters thread...yeaaah I'm blind.
I'll be sure to ask there as well.
LuciMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Welcome. I agree about the calorie counting. I've tried a bunch of programs out there and none of them have worked for me. I get too overwhelmed or sick of the food. I'm just carb counting right now which somewhat includes watching my calories. And I've realized that simple is best for me. I make my own food now and plan my own meals. I always wanted someone to do it for me but finally realized that I wasn't successful because I never liked what they planned for me. So now I control it. I think that makes it easier for me.

Good Luck. This site is really good for support.
aliasihaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:37 PM   #6  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

Calorie counting is my way of losing weight and Its the only way I could have done it. I doubt I would have stuck to it this long if I was on a strict plan.

Welcome to 3fatchicks. This is an amazing place to keep yourself modivated and for advice and support.
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote