Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-14-2012, 08:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/Ticker!/135

Height: 5'6

Default Nightmares?

I wasn't sure where to post this... but I am having an issue and wondering if any of you have gone through it and could give me some ideas for solutions? Since I've started eating better and exercising, I have been having nightmares every night. Sounds crazy, I know, but has anyone else experienced this?
SWhite0513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Height: 5'6"

That is weird, I get nightmares but they're not caused by my diet. Maybe you're going through sugar withdrawal or something?
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/148/140(ATM)

Height: 5'2" on a good day

That is rather odd. I haven't had any nightmares either, but I've been at this for years.

Is there anything else that is stressing you out in your life?
DesertTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:44 AM   #4  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

I do get nightmares but they aren't diet related. I do have some weird food dreams, they just aren't nightmares. Just last night, I dreamt I was drinking a huge glass of tequila with an olive oil floater....um, ok...then I dreamt I ate like 5 boxes of candy to chase the tequila with olive oil....very weird.

Are you feeling anxious lately? Are you eating foods you really like or do you feel deprived?
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 206/182/135

Height: 5'1"

I have nightmares sometimes, but I didn't think they were related to diet. You could always try not eating too close to bedtime and nothing spicy for dinner. Otherwise, I'm not sure. It's kind of strange you posted this....I on occasion only get nightmares, except the last 4 nights I've had at least one or two scary dreams a night! Ugh!
Rapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:57 PM   #6  
Fat Fox

S/C/G: 187/181.5/136

Height: 5'5

I doubt they are directly related but stress is a big factor in nightmares so if you are feeling pressure to exercise and lose weight that could be the reason. In general good diet and exercise actually reduce stress and help with "feeling good" so it does seem a bit backwards that it is causing nightmares.

A good way to deal with nightmares is to positively deal with the issues that are causing them but if you don't know what they are then you can try "reframing" your dreams, that is where you replay the dream in your mind and give it a good ending. For example if you dream about being chased you "reframe" it that someone comes and saves you or that the person/thing chasing you falls down. That kind of thing.

Good luck with it
Foxevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/Ticker!/135

Height: 5'6

I think they are due to stress. I am pretty stressed out about the weight loss... I've been having a lot of issues with it lately, and there are some other things, so I bet that is what it is. I probably just need to de-stress.
SWhite0513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 184/173.9/145

Height: 5'2"

I think that is odd, but not entirely surprising. I think since you've changed your diet and exercising, it is probably adjusting your hormones - which can cause nightmares! I know that a few days before I get my TOM, I have nightmares or at least really weird, vivid dreams every night. Then it goes away. So if it's a hormone fluctuation, it might be because you've changed your lifestyle and your body hasn't adjusted yet.
Just my hypothesis! Hope it goes away soon, you need good sleep!
ELBS717 is offline   Reply With Quote