Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:15 AM   #1  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

Default Weight Loss Nightmares

i've been sticking to my plan and doing amazingly. Last night, though, i had the oddest nightmare. Dreamed that my DH ( who in the dream was actually a combination of ex's from my past all in one form ) left me for an 18 year old who only weighed 97 lbs. Man, was i glad to wake up from that one this morning.

i know for a fact that it is not a sign of something to come. i know for a fact that my DH would never do such a thing. i guess i'm left wondering if this is common among those of us in relationships who are fighting so hard to become something new. Something better than we were before. Wanting our loved one to be proud of us.

Anyone else ever find during thier dieting journey that similar strange or disturbing dreams occur?
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 10:34 AM   #2  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Feelings are not facts

I am no expert but I have heard that we work out some of our every day anxities through our dreams. Any change, including positive change, is bound to bring up feelings we have, good or bad.

It might be good to discuss with your husband your fears or concerns.

Communication is important whenever we make changes that we may not have done before.

My husband has always known me as a heavy woman. He has told me that he loves me no matter what I weigh. I believe him. I am fortunate to have him. I have told him that I want to lose weight because I want to be healthy. Trust is important in any relationship. We trust each other. Whatever happens, we will face it together.

I hope this helps but maybe writing it down and then talking with your husband will help you feel better about losing weight. You are doing a good thing for yourself and for your future together as a couple.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 04:23 PM   #3  

97lbs? If he hypothetically left you for her it ain't for her hot womanly body, I assure you... (assuming she was average height, etc).

Emily
xxx
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 130/128/120

Height: 5'4"

ha ha... I had a dream once that I couldn't stop eating granola bars and I kept trying to hide it by filling the empty boxes with kleenex and other garbage. It was the most awful, out of control feeling.

And btw, I don't think that any man is really attracted to a woman that thin... I like to think that men like curves!
tyger1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 12:15 PM   #5  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

DO NOT LAUGH

We have been looking at my fit day and my sodium is over what I allow myself. I decided some of the green olives have to go. Now you have to understand. Green olives and I have become close friends. We spend long hours together planning the next days events. They listen I talk. They are my snack food, one of my veggies and they are good for me. BUT they have a lot of sodium. I decided I can only have half the amount I have been eating.

Last night I had a dream, thousands of green olives were chasing me everywhere. No matter where I looked there were wonderful green olives wanting to be eaten.

I woke up yelling no no no. I thought my hubby was going to die laughing when I told him what the dream was about.

I said DO NOT LAUGH lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 04:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/138/118

Height: 5'3"

My husband and I have actually discussed this. He doesn't like thin women. In fact when we see someone super skinny he often comments that they need to eat more. I know its not exactly sympathetic to them, but it is nice to know that men (normal ones like my hubby) do like a girl with some meat on their bones.
bassetbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:51 PM   #7  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

basset
My husband takes a great interest in my weight loss. He loved me the way I was before I lost any weight. He loves me now. He is very vocal about how he doesn't want me skinny.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/191/155

Height: 5 FT- 5 INCHES

Some of your dreams sound funny especially being chased by green olives LOL. But I think that maybe Cinderella that your dream was probably some left over insecurities from previous relationships you say that your DH was a combination of all your EX,S rolled into one, OK here is a thought maybe you felt in the past that your weight was why these relationships didn,t work and you are worried that it might happen again, now think about how long you and your DH have been together and why you are on this journey in the first place your DH is already proud of you if he wasn,t he wouldn,t of married you. He didn,t marry a body he married a beautiful soul someone he wanted to share his life with, if he wanted a matchstick he would be with one, So just take it for what it is a silly dream, you are doing great focus on that and keep going. Take care....Juls
NEWYEARNEWME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:05 PM   #9  
Registered Diva

S/C/G: 172/142/119

Height: 5'5

I've had 2 weight related nightmare in the past 2 nights!! It's awful!! Ok, first nightmare. I was with a friend talking and I asked him "have I gained weight?" and he said. "Yeah, you have. What happened to you?!" I almost woke up SCREAMING!! Then, last nights nightmare I saw myself in the mirror, and I was really really overweight. I don't know what kinda sick mind I have, but its not fun!!
lointhecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:48 PM   #10  

Hey city you don,t have a sick mind it just sounds like you are like most of us and fixated on food and what other people think of you. Stop being so hard on yourself it is what you think that is important, keep telling yourself that you are abeautiful swan and not a fat ugly duckling, just look at how far you,ve come so far with just a little bit to go. Give yourself a pat on the back, dreams and nightmares are just our minds offloading s..t we don,t really need so take them for what they are and forget about them, I,m sure you have friends that tell you when your awake how good you look take notice of that... Take care everyone...Juls
Old 10-30-2007, 08:22 PM   #11  
Registered Diva

aww, Juls, that was so nice! And yeah, you are right. I'm just too focused on my weight right now, but I promised myself I would enjoy this whole process. It's a happy time!! I'm working (and succeeding) towards this goal I've wanted to reach for such a long time. I refuse to let stupid nightmares get in the way of my positivity!!
thank you!!
Lo
Old 10-30-2007, 09:28 PM   #12  

G,day Lo your welcome, I like your attitude keep it up. And you right this journey should be a happy time we are finally taking control of ourselves and doing something that in the long run will make us feel good and empowered to achieve even greater things, as I tell my kids the only limitations there are in life are the ones we put on ourselves, you are doing it and succeeding and there is some great support to be found here. I see your from Mexico somewhere I have always wanted to see, I,m from downunder. Take care.... JULS
Old 11-06-2007, 02:13 AM   #13  
Registered Diva

My weight related nightmares have ended after having 4 horrific dreams, four nights in a row! I broke through it with this dream about this guy who was chasing me and I turned invisible and started flying to escape him. It was a fun dream... lol. Dreams are fun and they should never stop!
Old 11-06-2007, 05:43 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Talking Dogs in my dreams

I had a silly dream last night about weight but not my weight.

I walk a lot of labrador retrievers and they are the eating champs of the dog world. For example, one of my charges (named Maddy) once ate 15 lbs. of kibble in an evening after her folks had gone out to dinner. She pushed the closet door open, got out her food and went for it.

So anyway, in my dream I was down at the beach with two of the labs I walk, a brother and sister named Fergus and Bridget. Fergus is a big, muscular boy of 95 lbs and Bridget is a bit of a pudge ball at 80 lbs.

I was giving Fergus a snack and told Bridget she couldn't have any because she was on a diet. To which she replied (the dogs talk to me in my dreams all the time) very indignantly
"You know, you're not so skinny yourself. In the summer your butt looked really big."

I woke up and laughed myself silly. Bridget got an extra treat today and will never know why.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:06 PM   #15  
Registered Diva

love that dream, mudpie!! I'm always calling my dog (cocker spaniel, a race with loads of cravings) he's getting fat. I now fear dream-punishment.
lol.