General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-10-2012, 01:29 PM   #1  
In need of help.:)

S/C/G: 184/180/125

Height: 5'5"

Angry Devil baby...:P

AHHHHHHHHH My 14 month old is driving me CRAZY today...lol I have a home daycare and all of the other kids are so great, and I love my little munchkin to death, but MAN is ever miserable the past three days...

I don't know if he is going through a phase or what, but he is just BAD... Touching everything, and then taking a fit when he gets in trouble. He is my 5th son, and by far the WORST...lol

It's hard for me to be concentrating on my "new me", when he is causing so much stress...

I just put him in a playpen in my room for awhile. None of the distractions that are in his room. Hopefully he will have a great nap, and wake up on the right side of the crib...
4newtsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #2  

Height: 5'5

is he teething? I remember holding up my one year old once and shouting "who are you and what have you done with my baby?" he popped out 4 teeth a couple days later and was fine after that
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #3  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

The worst part is feeling jealous that they have absolutely no inhibitions about letting everybody know they're not happy. I have plenty of moments where I wonder how much fun and relief it would be to throw a mondo-tantrum over something.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

Do what I do....lock yourself in the bathroom as soon as another adult arrives.
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

Wow, I couldn't imagine having a home daycare. I really appreciate the woman who watches my kids, she has amazing patience!

I felt like my kids hit the terrible two's early, I think it's the terrible one's now. I wonder if it just annoys you more BECAUSE it's your kid and you expect better behavior from your own? Anyway, I hope your day gets better!
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:56 AM   #6  
Slow and Steady

Height: 5' 9"

He might be going through a developmental leap. Have you read Wonder Weeks? http://www.thewonderweeks.com/ Basically it says that prior to learning something new (like crawling, walking, language, etc), a child will be cranky, clingy & crying. Leap 9 - 64 weeks:

http://www.thewonderweeks.com/index....eap-9&catid=36

Hope this helps. I found it interesting.
AbbySinthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #7  
In need of help.:)

S/C/G: 184/180/125

Height: 5'5"

Wow...I checked out that link, and it really is an interesting read. He is a little better today, but still woke up very grumpy. I can't see any new teeth coming in, but I would be thankful if that what it was...lol

He is for sure trying to push things to the limit to see where we will break, and what he can and can't get away with. I think he is WAY to smart for his early little age...
4newtsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:30 AM   #8  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

If he is teething, something that I found helped a lot is to fill a bottle with some ice cubes and water and let them gnaw on it. The cold helps to numb and the chewing helps to relieve the pressure. Oh, and baby ibuprofen.
loose seal is offline   Reply With Quote