Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 12:04 PM   #1  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Default Dukan Diet Support Part 2

maxed out the old thread, keep on Dukaning!
Old 11-04-2011, 02:44 PM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Waving on new thread!

I gave weighing a miss yesterday, and today am back down to good old 202.2. Heyho. This gives me a total loss over the last 6 days of 0.0lbs.
I'm assuming that it's a bit of water retention that my body's been frightened into. Of the last 6 days, 5 of them have been PP, and honestly, 100% truthful, no deviation. Something better shift soon!
Old 11-05-2011, 10:36 AM   #3  
Dukanista

Rosinante -

are you drinking enough water? And are you doing the 30 minutes of walking/exercise consistently? Those are specific parts of the program, and I do find that they make a big difference for me.

And my personal experience - are you getting a good night's sleep? I generally see a big change on the scale when I manage to get some extra sleep.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:16 AM   #4  
Happy Plodder

Yes, I'm drinking a lot of water. (Apart from drinking a lot throughout the day, every time I go to the bathroom, even at night, I drink another glass before I leave)
Yes, I'm getting the exercise in.

From the simple point of view of chemistry (or whatever science it is) going by the amount of food I'm eating, that alone should lose me weight. I guess it'll shift soon.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:08 AM   #5  
Happy Plodder

Finally, 1lb gone. hurrah.
I'm starting 4 days PP today, 3 days PV come Friday. My challenge for this week is NOT to weigh until Friday morning, then Monday, so that I can start to see the pattern of difference between PP and PV days.

I'm struggling with the cost of this diet though, that could be the deal breaker. However, I love that my skin is unbelievably good, and that I have no food cravings whatsoever!
Old 11-07-2011, 07:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/TICKER/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi, been off program due to family issues. One aunt had a heart attach and another one had a stroke this last weekend so I have been at the hopital for two days. Needless to say I haven't cared about what I am eating but at work today so it will be a Dukan day.

I am not stressing about this set back, I had gone to 238 but am now back to 240, as I know when things settle down I have Dukan "in my blood" now and will be a loser again soon.

Rosinante: Congrats on the loss

April: thanks for starting a new thread
Old 11-07-2011, 09:17 AM   #7  
4ever Dieter

S/C/G: 210/185/140

Height: 5"3 1/2

Hi Peeps...

So I am calling myself Double D, not for the fact that you know, boobies are big, but for the fact that I plan to do the Dukan Diet and be on it 4ever. It will be the last "diet" I ever do.

I have been on SO many... Earlier this year I was doing pretty well following WW as a guideline but mostly eating health and exercising... I went from 210lbs to 181 lbs and back up to 185lbs where I have been stuck.

The fluctuation b/w the lbs is due to the fact that in July I was out bike riding and was hit by a car that some 90 year old was driving *le sigh* so I have been in physio since August and walk with a cane... exercise is really hard, and sometimes depression kicks in, as a result, the lbs stick to you. It doesn't help that I am a carb whore!!!!!

IN addition to WW, I have done, Jenny Craig, meal replacement shakes, various pills, Dr Berstein (the one in Canada not the diabetes doctor book one), gourmet diet meal delivery, SureSlim, starvation, OA, GI Diet... well you name it, I have done it. Funny thing, I was a skinny little thing my entire life, was put on BC pills rather young which I recently found out was due to PCOS/Endometriosis, and gained weight from that... and then was misdiagnosed with diabetes - AHHHHHHH long story short (as I have babbled on here), I really want to get healthy and be fit and eventually maybe even have a baby despite all the health blocks.

I have heard that Dukan has been very successful because it is practical and introduces you back to food correctly. Although I will miss the carbs, I can totally live off of protein (mmm chicken, fish and steak oh my!)

So peeps... what is the biggest challenge for you on DD? (Btw, I start the attack phase officially tomorrow as I grocery shop tonight).

Cheers!
Old 11-07-2011, 10:46 AM   #8  
Dukanista

Welcome DD!

I love Dukan, and find it super easy to stick with. I've been on it since May 22 and have lost over 60 lbs so far.

For me, the biggest challenge is planning and prepping. Make sure you've got your on plan foods available all the time, including for snacks. I like to boil up a dozen and a half eggs at a time - sometimes I will just eat the egg white, if I have had enough whole eggs that day. I also like to keep cold cooked chicken and/or sliced low salt deli meat around. Make sure to eat somethng any time you are hungry, but make sure that you've got on plan food readily accessible for those times. Make sure to eat your oat bran - most days, I make a quick little porridge with sweetener and cinnamon and hot water and then add a dash of milk. But the Dukan galettes are also really delicious - I just don't have time to make one every day but they are a nice treat on the weekends.

I am not in Conso yet in terms of adding back in foods but two of my friends have made it through Cruise and are now successfully maintaining their weight in Conso.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:08 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/Ticker/135

Height: 5'

Welcome Double D!!

Congrats on starting Dukan! 1 month = 15lbs for me (sorta), and I have done JC and WW as well. So far I love this diet and find it fairly easy to stay on (sorta). Agree with April, having the snacks handy makes a big difference, also April is awesome, huge motivation and has great ideas! The oatmeal from the oat bran made a huge difference for me. So yah, listen to April

Two things:

Positive - found a new snack idea - I made egg bites with turkey bacon and soy cheese. Basically, cupcake tin (use the tin as the paper spilled so I also got an omelette out of it). Layer the turkey bacon and cheese on bottom and then whipped eggs on top. Cook at 400 - easy peasy! What I liked about it is for 6 of them I only used four eggs, two pieces of bacon and a little bit of cheese but it felt quite substantial. So there ya go, new snack idea!

Negative - So I did finally have a full on cheat day. I broke down and had bag of chips (crisps) and cookies and milk. This was planned, I had been obsessing for days about chips and cookies. Little TMI but in my late teens/early 20's I was a total Binge and purger. The book makes a pretty good point about dealing with many people's mental attachments and issues with food. This incident just reminded me that to be 100% successful I have to deal with this side of me. All I could thing to do yesterday to stop the obsessing was control the binge. So 1 small bag of baked chips later and 6 cookies and 1lb up later. I know I will be back down the 1lb and more as I enjoy and find this diet very workable, and I am very motivated to get the weight off.

Anyways, I wanted to share that because for some there are health problems, lifestyle changes that effected their weight gain. For others like me there is a much more complicated issue with food and this isn't something to be ashamed of but just something to be aware of. I had ignored the part about mental health and I know that was why the bad day. Old food demons popping back. So month 2 on Dukan for me will be focusing on why the urge to binge and secret eat as well as ways to overcome it. Which is also a very essential part of dieting I forgot!!

Ok - enough blah blah blah. Thanks for "listening" and have I mentioned I love this diet and this forum lately?
Old 11-07-2011, 09:15 PM   #10  

Samadhi - also, your responses and advice have been invaluable as well! (Couldn't remember how to spell your user name last post)

Very sorry about the family troubles. Sending positive vibes and love from Canada!
Old 11-08-2011, 03:09 AM   #11  
Happy Plodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
My challenge for this week is NOT to weigh until Friday morning, then Monday, so that I can start to see the pattern of difference between PP and PV days.
Oops, broken that promise already. Didn't mean to, I just went onto automatic pilot this morning. 1.4lbs off! Woohoo!

In 2lbs more I will have lost a stone, a big mental barrier.

In 1 ounce more, heck, in 1 gram more, I will be out of the 200s, which is an even bigger mental barrier. Over 200lbs, I have no respect or love for myself whatsoever, crazy but true.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:35 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 260/TICKER/130

Height: 5'4"

CanuckJ: We all have our reasons for this dang weight that we have to conquer, understand and figure out.

Thanks for sharing yours - I am an emotional eater even though I do have a couple medical issues that I also have to cope with also. However, thanks to Dukan I finally feel I can truly do this. "Nice" feeling!!
Old 11-08-2011, 09:22 AM   #13  
4ever Dieter

S/C/G: 210/185/140

Height: 5"3 1/2

Thank you for the welcomes!!! I feel so loved!

Wow @ April Snow - 60 lbs - Congrats!!!! You must be SO proud of yourself!!1 Great job!

Well today is day one... and CanuckJ, the oat bran will be my saviour as well, and I made oat bran muffins so I can have them in the AM with my tea.

I am also worried about cheat days. I have the tendency to finish a whole container of Nutella on my own and I am not even that addicted to chocolate! I too went through the teenage years/early 20s of binging, eating disorders etc...and the sad thing was, I really was a skinny mini. Samadhi is right though, when it comes to weight and the reasons why it is there, or remains there, or comes off and comes back... well it is a neverending cycle of understanding and learning things about ourselves.

My biggest challenge I guess over the next 2 month is eating out. I am not too concerned about PV days since you know, I can get a steak and veggies or whatever... I am more concerned about the attack phase...

How do I handle eating out this week, I may have to eat out 3 times, including tonight... and that one is in a fast food court!!! AHHH!
Old 11-08-2011, 06:42 PM   #14  

Double D - going to be honest I skipped eating out while in Attack Phase. Oh, I still went out, to two potlucks even! I ate before hand. The friends I knew well I told them why, others I just said I wasn't hungry. That tends to work just fine.

Although when at restaurants you should be able to ask for plain chicken, or fish and then just don't eat the sides. At a food court, well I would again recommend eating beforehand but if not possible, order a grilled chicken sandwich (A&W, DQ's and McDonalds all have them), make sure to ask for no sauce and then just eat the chicken. That would be my suggestion anyways

Good Luck!

And funny enough, I was tiny in my teens/early 20's too. We are too rough on ourselves when young I think!
Old 11-09-2011, 03:14 AM   #15  
Happy Plodder

The oatbran is definitely key to this, I'm sure!

It's not that I crave for carbs, I honestly, truly don't. (In the first week of this diet, for example, I made a dessert for a church social that involved digestive biscuits (graham crackers), pudding in two flavours and melted chocolate - I didn't even think to taste!) It's that I find the bran keeps everything 'regular' and not just that, 'bulked up'. On other low carb diets I've tried, after a brief euphoric phase, I've had terrible bathroom difficulties of the 'far too fast' variety. Sorry but the fact that that's not a problem this time is keeping me to it.

199.8 this morning - I'm no longer in the 200s. 11lbs in 3 weeks, can't complain.
Closed Thread