South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-03-2011, 10:45 PM   #1  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Default Aloha!

Hi all! I'm popping in to get Lisa's fake-meat loaf recipe and just had to say hello. Things are going really well here in Hawaii! Lukas will be one in a week and a half and I can't believe it. Connor just turned ten last weekend - double digits eek! The girls are 7 and 5. Everyone is doing well. We're super busy with the house and home schooling but are still trying to make time for some beach and pool days. It's hard - so much on the to-do list!

I met and surpassed my original weight loss goal and am working toward a new one now. I'm not particularly full-fledged on South Beach but I'm eating healthily. Lukas is still exclusively nursing and has shown a severe reaction to any casein or dairy in my diet so I've had to pretty much go vegan, which has actually been a lot easier than I thought. He's also allergic to corn, so I can't have any corn starch or corn syrup, which of course hasn't been hard since I'm used to keeping those things out of my diet. He's doing great now that we figured out the allergy and we think we're going to try some avocado for him on his birthday. We have a tree out back so we thought it would be a fun first food for him.

Hope you all are well! I'll try to stop back in more frequently to check in. Miss you guys!
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hey love, glad you're around. I'm not a SBD devotee like I used to be. I'm just trying to eat healthy. I still try to follow the SBD way though. Hugs and kisses to the kiddies!
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:08 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Hey Kara! So good to hear from you and glad you all are well and enjoying Hawaii. Congrats on exceeding your goal, I'm jealous! Hope to get more updates from you.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Kara! I've been keeping up with you on Facebook, but it's nice to have you check in here!

I'm glad you've discovered the source of Lucas's allergies and hope he enjoys his first taste of avocado! It seems remarkable that he's a year old already.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

I was just wondering about you the other day Aloha!
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I LOVE seeing Luka's pics on FB (and everyone else's). You have such a beautiful family! Congrats on getting the baby weight off and then some!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:56 PM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Aloha! I too have been keeping up on FB!!!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:08 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Kara, glad that you got the allergies figured- I too keep up on FB. thanks for checking in
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote