Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 07-13-2011, 11:08 AM   #1  
Amazing will be me

Default Green Tea has anyone tried it? and how did you feel?

Ive started drinking green tea , not so much for weightloss but for its other benefits and it claims to speed up metabolism.

Im finding it okay its not to yucky to drink and i like that im doing something "healthy" .

BUT it makes me feel strange not in a bad way it doesnt make me feel ill or anyting just alittle light headed and makes my eyes feel like saucers haha. Bit like the feeling when you have your first glass of wine when youe never had one for ages then it goes away.

Maybe its all the herbs ..............has anyone else had this????
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:38 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6

I've been drinking it so long that I can't remember, lol. I don't know if it's aided my weight loss but it does appear to curb my appetite and helps me with my required daily fluid intake - not a bad thing. I'm much less jittery drinking it as opposed to drinking tons of coffee. I'm definitely calmer, I think.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:38 AM   #3  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I get that too!!! I get a little light headed, which is mainly the reason I dont really drink it that often anymore.

My cousin and my friend swear by it though, they say that I should drink 2 a day to help with the weight loss.

I dont know, maybe I'll try again, but hopefully someone can come up with an explanation
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:07 PM   #4  
Amazing will be me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower75 View Post
I drink the caffeine-free kind and don't have any problems. Maybe it's the caffeine?

maybe but i drink regular tea and have no problems with that
Old 07-13-2011, 03:28 PM   #5  
Amazing will be me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower75 View Post
I did a quick Google search and found that some people can have side effects if they are on certain meds or have certain medical conditions. There is also the possibility that you are allergic to it.

Try doing a search online around your symptoms or medical history and see if any of that information pertains to you.

Thanks sunflower75 will do , maybe it will calm after a few days but i dont mind it as it passes quick but i notice it from my very first sip
Old 09-09-2011, 05:36 PM   #6  

When I drank 4 cups per day for a week, I was finally able to break a plateau that had lasted 2 months. So it seems to help me. That being said, I've since read that that amount isn't suppose to be enough to help. But it did.
deetermined2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 360/319/200

Height: 5'4

Green tea is supposed to help your metabolism (best to drink it when eating a meal, says my friend haha.)

My experience with it definitely didn't do much for me. My metabolism is cruel (hypothyroid!) and I wasn't actively dieting when drinking it religiously. Caffeine does nothing for me. No shakes, no jitters, doesn't make me feel wired.
dorksama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Height: 5'4"

It suppresses hunger i feel. Sometimes after having food i feel hungry, but if i have gt after that i feel full.
Other side effect i found is my teeth have become yellow. I started brushing my teeth after having it. Some times my teeth become sensitive. I do not know wvhether it is because of gt or lemon water.
puneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:41 PM   #9  
Jesus is my strength!

S/C/G: 501lbs/240lbs/160lbs

Height: 5'5 1/2

I start my day with hot green tea decaff with lemon- i use it as a form of cleansing for the morning.
Carisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:40 AM   #10  

Green tea is good for many reason but if you are taking it with the goal to lose weight..you might be disappointed. think of it as good but not magic
jessica1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:20 AM   #11  

I also have been drinking it so long I don't remember. Although lemon tea will make me puke so we all have our weird things.

I will say I drink Genmaicha - it is green tea with toasted brown rice. I have for years. It gives it more of a nutty flavor.
HikingChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:59 AM   #12  

Height: 5/4

It didn't do anything for me weight wise (and I would drink it really strong,too) but it sure is tasty!
Sweet Tea Sweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:07 AM   #13  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I notice you said "all the herbs". Are you taking herbal supplements as well? There should only be tea in your green tea, no herbs.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:26 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 239/see ticker/110

Height: 4ft 11inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorksama View Post
Green tea is supposed to help your metabolism (best to drink it when eating a meal, says my friend haha.)

My experience with it definitely didn't do much for me. My metabolism is cruel (hypothyroid!) and I wasn't actively dieting when drinking it religiously. Caffeine does nothing for me. No shakes, no jitters, doesn't make me feel wired.
hi you have hypothyroid ( i do as well) and the green tea didnt do anything for you at all? weight loss? supress your appetite? anything?

i was going to start drinking it and i hate tea but if it doesnt do anything then i wont bother..
candice1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:17 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 190/160/130

Height: 5' 6"

I love tea. I drink green on occasion, but I really need to buy some loose leaf stuff. I started drinking loose leaf white chai tea (got it at a local Teavana for a ridiculously inflated price... never again), and I've been spoiled on it ever since.

Like coffee, it's an acquired taste. I used to hate both until I started drinking them regularly. I'm not sure about the lightheadedness. Only thing I can think of that might cause it is the caffeine. Maybe try a different kind of green tea? I highly recommend loose leaf and not packeted stuff. I find it tastes way better, and you can get some good stuff for cheap on the net.

Oh, forgot to add: it's difficult to tell if the tea contributed to my weight loss. It might have helped a little bit, but certainly not enough for it to make an impact. I started drinking it regularly because I enjoyed the taste, not for weight management. That said, it did help curb some of my cravings.

Last edited by joltyness; 11-03-2011 at 01:22 PM.
joltyness is offline   Reply With Quote