South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 06:07 PM   #1  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Question Looking at crossing back over..a few questions i forgot the answer to?

Hi there! Remember me? I was on this forum for a month or so back last year.. I was trying desperately to lose weight. I had a serious dis-taste for veggies of all types and i wanted to lose weight fast and i got discouraged and ran away and sulked and came back an adult, and decided to take control over my life again. I jumped onto the IP bandwagon and had some success for about a month and then i cheated once and ended up quitting. I took a long vacation literally and gave the dieting stuff a break.. and i just came back to it. I tried to jump back onto an IP diet alternatives plan and all i could do was taste the chemicals in the pre-packaged food and i was crying out for veggies.. I have a new found love for lots of veggies and this artificial packaged stuff wasnt cutting it. So im trying to make a switch over from IP -Alternatives to South Beach.. im ready to lose weight the healthy way..and without expensive packets and most of all..with real whole fresh foods.. But i just had one question "Is cocoanut palm sugar an alloweable substitute on south beach in place of sucralose? cause i want to try and stay away from sucralose altogether and i heard that there is only 2.5 grams of carbs in aserving of cocoanut sugar and its low glycemic as well??? and i cant quite remember if beans are unlimited? what about tahini? whats the limit with tahini? I have read the book, but i dont remember coming across the tahini part , just nuts..but i remember you being allowed 2 cups of beans.. i was just wondering if i could have more then that because i really want to make chick pea burger patties..Also is veggie burgers allowed like yves? Can you have balsamic?

Sorry for asking so many questions.. i forgot the list of allowable foods cause my book is packed away in the box..by the way.. have they come out with a new south beach book since the supercharged one?

Hello to Ruth! and Matilda!
Old 10-24-2011, 09:41 PM   #2  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

I think you should take a look at the SB FAQ. It should answer any questions you have plus some. I don't even own the supercharged book. I just read the faq.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 189/180/159

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back and good luck!

I have no idea about the tahini though. It's literally just chickpea paste, isn't it? If it is, I'm sure it's fine. Or I hope so. I've been gobbling down ready made hummus and labneh and my weight loss seems to be pretty steady.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:45 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

tahini is sesame seed paste so has the same limits as PB and nuts and seeds in general. I recently discovered raw tahini. It's amazing.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:06 AM   #5  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

What is raw tahini???? never heard of that before?
Old 10-26-2011, 08:30 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Google is your friend. http://thehealthyeatingsite.com/how-to-make-raw-tahini/
Old 10-26-2011, 09:15 AM   #7  
Just wanna lose!

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Height: 5'2

mmmmm hummus
Old 10-26-2011, 04:50 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Porthardygurl is still posting in the Ideal Protein part of the Forum so I am closing this for now.
Closed Thread