South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-20-2011, 01:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/180/159

Height: 5'4"

Default I just had a *MAJOR* setback :(

So, today was day 12 of phase 1. But I ruined it with dinner. I haven't cheated at ALL the past 12 days. I've even checked out all the ingredients of everything I've eaten.

But tonight I had TWO Sloppy Joe sandwiches, some Doritos and a twix!!

Why?? I honestly don't know. I wasn't craving them. I saw the chips on the counter and closed them up so I wouldn't be so tempted. And it worked. I honestly think I just ate them just because I wanted to.

I don't know. Maybe I'm self-sabotaging for some reason? I do know that this is a one time thing and I'm back on tomorrow. I might do an extra week of phase 1 to make up for it.

I just felt like I owed it to you guys to own up. You've all been so supportive and I feel like I've let everyone down I don't even wanna weigh myself tomorrow!

Have any of you done this before? Is it OK to just continue with Phase one for the week? Or should I start all over again?

ETA: I have a birthday party to go to tomorrow night and then a concert. I'm kinda nervous because I don't want to star thinking it's OK to go off for the weekend and start again on Sunday (our weekends are Friday-Saturday). Any advice?

Last edited by skinnyinthedesert; 10-20-2011 at 01:31 PM.
skinnyinthedesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:43 PM   #2  
I think I can...

Aww It's okay! 1 bad meal isn't going to derail all of your hard work. Last Saturday I found myself in Wendy's with my pregnant sister. Wendy's does have salad or chili. But I opted for a burger and fries. I also didn't want it! But I ate it and a frosty! The food wasn't even pleasing to me (well the frosty was).
I didn't want to finish it but my sis had paid. Well once we got in the car I had to run back in to the restroom because I was sick!
Lot's of time eating is mental. We just know how we're used to eating and it's comfortable to fall back on those old habits.
I'll make a better choice next time and so will you. Just keep going from here.
I have lost 10 lbs since last Tuesday (doing happy dance). Now on to phase 2! You can make it!
You can add a few days onto phase 1 if you feel like you need to.
mzKiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:51 PM   #3  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Get back on today, not tomorrow. If you are for serious about being on SBD, don't let one mess up deter you. I know I find that if I let one slip deter, it becomes MONTHS of slips.

Continue Ph 1 for a few extra days (I'd say finish the 2 and add another 2) just to be sure sugar is knocked out and then continue on.

When I've messed up like you've "owned" to (I don't know that I ever owned it so good for you!), I've always left for weeks or months at a time. It's mental as much as it is physical. This time around, I've not let something I've eaten take hold of me.

For the bday party and concert, find out what they are having or will offer. Eat before it starts and be completely ON PLAN. Don't fall off!!!! I made that mistake before and here I am another 20 pounds heavier...
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:33 PM   #4  

Thanks ladies!

Mzkiki I'm so glad I'm not the only person who's done this. I felt like this was a total setback and I wasn't going to be able to hit my goal after it.

Jenne, I started back as soon as I ate that. I had some cinnamon tea and have been drinking water for the rest of the night. I'm gonna go to bed and wake up early then have some eggs in the morning. And then I'm going to do some cooking so that I can freeze some more food and have it waiting for me.

I've decided I'm gonna skip the birthday party part. There will probably be cake and chips and I'm honestly worried that I won't be able to control myself. I know that self control is something I need to learn, but I don't wanna risk it at the beginning.

I'm just going to meet everyone at the show and only take enough money for water/diet coke so that I'm not tempted to eat or drink anything else. I'm also going to drive there so I won't be able to drink. I can't work out for a few days because I hurt my knee, but as soon as it's better I'm going to be back in the gym.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:55 PM   #5  
Just wanna lose!

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Height: 5'2

I am a newbie but I am proud of you for owning up to it and although I hope I can make it the full 2 weeks 100% spot on it is also nice knowing others have slipped and gotten back on the horse! You can do it!
pear_fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:58 PM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

What Jenn said I lost and regained more times than I can count. The biggest difference this time is that I dust myself off and get right back on track. You did the hardest thing by coming here and owning it. You know what to do now
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

I agree with Jenn too I tend to fall victim to what I call my "all or nothing" thinking. I fell off plan so I might as well eat any and everything today and get back on tomorrow... or after the weekend... or the party coming up... or...

When I do best is to get back on track immediately!

I also think you should add some time to PH1; long enough to be sure you have no cravings.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:41 PM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I love it when people agree with me hardly EVER happens!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:19 PM   #9  

OK, I guess I did this, when treats were at work, I put off the longest time having any, then of course everyone is asking do you try such and such, I just smile and nod. But then for some unknown reason, I take a piece of cake and just eat the frosting off of it. And that was that.

And afterwards, it wasn't even that good. I wished to myself I should have just waited for something better. But I ate it, and it was over, and I still feel good about SB and P2. I just have to stay clear of enablers!

You will do fine, just get right back at it.
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 90.6/70.6/55

Height: 165

Skinny...most of the time, eating is a pretty mindless behaviour or at least it seems that way to me. If you weren't really "tempted" but ate anyway sounds like it was just force of habit that drove it, in which case, I'd really suggest staying on Phase 1 for longer like you're considering.

I've noticed a real change in my third week on Phase 1, as I no longer really want those foods or have any interest in them. My body doesn't seem to crave them anymore, and bear in mind, that when others talked about this phenomenon happening I had real trouble believing them!

Also...everyone is correct in pointing out this isn't a major setback! A major setback is you would have gone on to eat your body weight in lard filled, greasy fried concoctions topped off with more lard. In the scheme of things those sloppy joe sandwiches etc won't mean anything at all =)
messycrayola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:52 AM   #11  

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for all of the support. I woke up this morning and weighed myself, I've put on 2.6 pounds since last night. Which could be water weight, or I could have just set myself back by 5 days. Anyway, it's something that I did myself and there's nothing to do but keep moving! I think I'm gonna stay on phase 1 for an extra week. I'm really committed to this, and I'm not going to take this episode as an excuse to fall off the wagon again.

Good luck Pear_fairy and everyone!!

Last edited by skinnyinthedesert; 10-21-2011 at 04:01 AM. Reason: change weight
Old 10-21-2011, 04:28 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Hi! I'm not on sbd but I'm counting calories and I just did the same thing you did but literally at least 5x worse. I have no excuses at all though. Some sort of weird temptations I've never had before. Well I'm glad your mind is so on track, it gives me inspiration to just get back on track and learn from my mistakes. Thanks and good luck with sbd!
Kristen81985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:48 AM   #13  

You can do it Kristen! We both can It's just a matter of believing and doing. I started right back on as soon as that happened and it may have set me back a little, but I'm refusing to let it undo everything I've done so far. Good luck!!
Old 10-21-2011, 01:14 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Thanks girl! It feels good to have someone routing for me
And you know I'm routing for you as well!
Kristen81985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:38 PM   #15  

I did it!! I went to the party and ate nothing (even when the pizza was delivered!) and only drank diet coke! I'm so proud of myself! I had two bluebell (?) mini-cheeses on the way and managed to stay OP!!! I feel like I can do this!