South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-17-2011, 10:17 AM   #1  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Default Vegetarian SBD ideas

Any ideas? I have to face the fact that I mainly eat vegetarian, and I am thinking about jumping back on to the SBD as I had success with it when I stuck to it.

I know there are probably other threads on here about this, maybe you could point me to some good info, or links xo
BelovedK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:11 PM   #2  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Luckily there are SO MANY vegetarian SBD recipes residing right here!
Some of my favorites are: zucchini and/or eggplant lasagna, butternut squash mac & cheese, veggie chili, pumpkin black bean soup and grilled tofu or vegetarian sausages on a bed of sauteed cabbage (much like the "crack slaw" in the recipes section). Start with the Entrees - Phase 2 section. Many of the recipes are identified as vegetarian, or can easily be substituted with tofu, seitan or fake meat products.

Two things I haven't tried yet but want to:
Greens and Quinoa pie
Butternut Squash Lasagna

Here is something I tried that I loved (from another site): Spinach Ricotta Balls

In general I tend to eat more servings of beans, probably too much nuts and cheese (which can add up quickly). I go back and forth between completely vegetarian and eating some fish. I have also gone vegan several times but right now I am not.

Have fun!
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:42 PM   #3  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaD View Post
Luckily there are SO MANY vegetarian SBD recipes residing right here!
Some of my favorites are: zucchini and/or eggplant lasagna, butternut squash mac & cheese, veggie chili, pumpkin black bean soup and grilled tofu or vegetarian sausages on a bed of sauteed cabbage (much like the "crack slaw" in the recipes section). Start with the Entrees - Phase 2 section. Many of the recipes are identified as vegetarian, or can easily be substituted with tofu, seitan or fake meat products.

Two things I haven't tried yet but want to:
Greens and Quinoa pie
Butternut Squash Lasagna

Here is something I tried that I loved (from another site): Spinach Ricotta Balls

In general I tend to eat more servings of beans, probably too much nuts and cheese (which can add up quickly). I go back and forth between completely vegetarian and eating some fish. I have also gone vegan several times but right now I am not.

Have fun!
Thank you so much!!! I am excited about starting up again. My boyfriend loves meat, as does my daughter, but they will have to start cooking, ha! lol.
BelovedK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

If you do a search, several threads on this topic will probably come up. It's very easy and do-able to be a vegetarian South Beacher. I can make the majority of the recipes by just switching a vegetarian substitute for the meat. And as EmmaD pointed out, there are several great vegetarian recipes in our forum, too.

Good luck!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote