South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 04:11 PM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default SBD Weekly Challenge 10/9-10/15

Okay, let's do it

So I have completely fallen off the exercise wagon and need to re-establish the habit. I know it makes a huge difference both in maintaining my weight and in my state of mind. I'm going to start small to increase my chances of being successful this week. My goal is to exercise at least 15 minutes every day this week. Of course I hope it's more but the important part for me is the habit. I'm going to stop by every evening before bed and report in.

Sunday - 30m pushing that lawn mower
Monday - 60m walk
Tuesday - 60m walk
Wednesday - 50m walk
Thursday - 30m walk
Friday - 30m walk (buzzing up and down stairs a lot!)
Saturday - 30m stationary bike

I did it! Thanks Chicks

Last edited by CyndiM; 10-16-2011 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:39 PM   #2  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I'd like to exercise (outside of walking down AND up all escalators, taking stairs instead of elevator and "speed" walking to and from the Metro) three times this week. I will just add which days I work out here:

Sunday - 3 mile walk
Monday - 10 minute jog (it was something! waiting for the chicken to grill)
Saturday - 3 mile walk

Last edited by jenne1017; 10-15-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

I would like to restart p1 after a 2-week plateau and a couple stressful days that have resulted in poor eating choices. I will start tomorrow and check in every day for this week to keep me accountable.

Sunday - Started Monday
Monday - So far so good...will be back! Had a taste of non P1 food. So not a successful day...
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday

Last edited by southmplsgirl; 10-11-2011 at 07:26 AM.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:52 PM   #4  
Working on healthy

bump, anyone else interested?

I did get some exercise today in the form of lawn mowing. So glad it's the last one of the season. Next year I'm going to be a job creator. Our lawn is no fun to mow with a push mower, it's huge, uneven, weedy and has lots of wet spots. It is good exercise but I'd rather take my bike out.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/210/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm peaking in a day late, but I've recently restarted SBD, and I'm starting C25k, so this seems like a great idea to me. Baby steps, I can manage one week at a time =)

Sunday- OP, ran W1D1, kinda.
Monday- OP, mostly. Ran.
Tuesday- OP, rest day
Wednesday- OP, ran
Thursday- mostly OP- had a fruit smoothie with splenda for lunch
Friday- OP, Ran
Saturday-

Yesterday I kinda did W1D1 in C25K. I was so out of breath that 20 minutes on the treadmill killed me, and I think I was technically supposed to go 25. I'm planning to try to get on the treadmill 4 days a week anyway, so I'll just try that day again =)

Today won't be perfectly on plan, I have a catered lunch that I rsvp'd to, and they'll be serving sandwiches, chips and cookies. I'm thinking I'll eat my sandwich open-faced and save the chips and cookies for my husband. Then I'll take some peanuts with me to have as a little snack until I get home.

Last edited by Lily In Bloom; 10-15-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:13 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

It took me a bit of thinking...I'm a little rusty at the challenges.

I'm going to attempt to fill out my daily checklist from Beck Diet Solution. It's 10 items which pertain to success skills/tools to use when dieting. One is staying on my "plan of choice", South Beach Diet.

Sunday-nope didn't have a plan yet
Monday-*copied and printed my weekly sheet* (back later) Mission accomplished! My only items not checked were "planned exercise" although I got spontaneous exercise all day. I made legitimate changes to my dinner (not enough time to make planned soup) and engaged in unplanned eating-A (which was SF jello not planned after dinner) Yay!!
Tuesday-Done
Wednesday-Done
Thursday-Done
Friday-Done
Saturday-Doing....

Last edited by Lexxiss; 10-15-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:15 PM   #7  
SGeranium

Height: 5"8

I'm in!! I just didn't check in yesterday:
my goal for the week is add in two strength and one yoga sessions to my regular cardo thing. I'm playing around with the idea of running another half marathon before the end of the year so running is back in 4 times a week, but I'm so tight and brittle I just might snap a femur if I don't do something about it.......

Sunday:no strength , no stretching..........
Monday:
Tuesday
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:
Saturday:
Old 10-10-2011, 03:36 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 239/200/130-140

Height: 5'8.5"

I'm a little late, but I want in! I would like to stick with Phase 1, and have atleast 30 minutes of exercise a day. I'll be back!

Monday- Did it! Whew! First full day OP in awhile! It was dark and raining so I played with my BOSU for half an hour.

Tuesday- P 1.5 after a breakfast snafu after an MD appointment. Walked for 3.5 miles! Especially proud of myself considering the fatigue I've been fighting for a few months. And, I got stung by a bee on the back of my knee and kept going, stupid nature.

Wednesday: Big fat zero, but today will be better!

Thursday: Woohoo! Managed to eat out and go to the movies, while staying on plan. And, came home, changed, and did some light weight lifting and playing around on the BOSU.

Last edited by SouthLake; 10-14-2011 at 01:56 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:03 PM   #9  
Working on healthy

I walked again today. Thanks for helping me stay focused
Old 10-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #10  

I stayed mostly on plan and went for my couch 2 5k run today. As I mentioned earlier, the catered lunch was something I committed to several weeks ago, and so I didn't want to back out of it. I saved my pretzels and cookie and brought them home to husband. I had a ham, tomato and lettuce sandwich and threw out the top slice of bread. I think it was a pretty good compromise.

I also may have a slight scale victory- the scale at my gym is reading me at 8 lb lower than my digital scale at home. I was thinking perhaps I would break out the wiifit and see what it thought, to help me decide which one to trust...
Old 10-10-2011, 09:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

I'm in late too, but I'd like to participate! (Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend... yeah yeah, no excuses )

My goals are to:
Exercise 3x (I have a 5k on Sunday!)
No binging! Stay on plan-undecided if I'll do phase one, or phase two, but on plan means no unplanned and mindless eating!

M: On plan.
T: On plan. Ran.
W:
T:
F:
S:

Last edited by fozentusic; 10-11-2011 at 10:16 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:37 AM   #12  

My goal for today is just to stay on plan and to do some yoga tonight. Today's a rest day in c25k, and man do my legs need it! Hope everyone is doing well this week!
Old 10-11-2011, 10:41 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 189/180/159

Height: 5'4"

Oh, I didn't notice this! I'm in

This week my goals are to: work out for 6 days.
Stay OP for the whole week

Our weeks end on Friday, so I'm nearly there!

Saturday - OP + Strength
Sunday - OP + yoga and cardio
Monday - OP + Cardio
Tuesday - OP + yoga (which I am heading to in an hour )
Old 10-13-2011, 06:14 AM   #14  
Working on healthy

Just checking in, so far I am getting it done very day. Today is going to be more of a challenge than I anticipated. They added an extra appointment so what was leaving at 11 and getting home in the evening is now leaving at 7 am. Not sure where I'll fit exercise in but I know there will be a lot of walking around the hospital and several blocks to the doctor's office. Hoping for more than that!

How is everyone else doing?
Old 10-13-2011, 09:19 AM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I WANT to get to the gym in the morning. I have the best intentions. WHY CAN'T I WAKE UP EARLY ENOUGH TO??

Tonight I am leaving work at 5p and will make it to the gym tonight. I have to!
Closed Thread