South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 06:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Beach Chat for 10/6

Happy Thursday! (or Friday, in my case. ) Jake made a yummy pot of coffee but it's half gone already. Better hurry if you want a cup!

It's going to be a great day, sunny and warm. I'm anticipating an easy day at the farm, although a lot is going on. They are putting in a pond in one of the paddocks, and also changing from oil fuel to propane, and putting in solar panels that has something to do with the water. That means that the entire back yard looks like a war zone with deep trenches dug out and huge mountains of dirt. It's a good thing there's no rain in the forecast for a while! I'm having enough of a time trying to keep the dogs out of the melee and tracking caked dirt into the house.

I hope to get home at a decent hour this afternoon so I can get the laundry done and start packing for my weekend trip, and I have to make several loaves of pumpkin bread to take with me.

So, how's your day shaping up?
Old 10-06-2011, 06:48 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Linda, and I'm glad today is your Friday. I bet the pumpkin bread will be good and much appreciated by the folks you are seeing this weekend. I wish I could be there.

Well, we definitely had a killing frost last night. It's only 30º here right now. I guess the mice decided to move indoors last night so I'm now in full fighting mode. I wish they'd just play quietly in the cellar instead of raiding my baking cupboards. It's war, you rodents!

Today is provincial election day so voting is first on my list. Then Jazz goes to the groomer, I go for a haircut in town, do a minor shop, drop off a quilt to a cancer patient, meet my sister for lunch and then head home to bake for the bake sales this weekend. I'm hoping my house is nice and clean when I arrive - Donna is scheduled but ... Tonight we have the first rehearsal for the children's Christmas Pageant, new this year, a sort of back to basics event to offset some of the annual Village hoopla. It will be very simple and perhaps put some of the meaning back into the season. Any child who shows gets a part and I'm sure glad I'm not the director!

Another big day tomorrow, the Thanksgiving Festival at the Mill and the Church and then I take off on Sunday morning! Yippee! It seems a long time since I went away on a trip that was more than overnight and I think I need it.

Enough griping and get on with it!
Old 10-06-2011, 07:22 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Linda, thanks for getting us started and thanks to Jake for making coffee! Your day certainly sounds interesting. I hope it breezes by and you're home making pumpkin bread very soon....hmm I just thought I haven't tried a bean cake with pumpkin and it might be time to experiment.

Ruth, busy as usual...thank goodness you're not up for reelection or are you?? I hope your house is clean by the time you get home.

Me, getting organized at home since mom and I have a 930 banking appt in our nearby quasi-village. Then I'll do a run through of their Habitat Re-store. I'm starting to look for some cabinets for our rental project. I think I may be free after that.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-06-2011, 07:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Thursday!

Linda, Auston wants to play in your piles of dirt. They are his favorite!

Ruth, You need a cat!

Debbie, We have a great Habitat for Humanity store in Birmingham. We've gotten many things there for a great price.

Hubby informed me yesterday that we are going to a Shrimp Boil Fundraiser tomorrow night. I don't even know what cause we are supporting, but I am all about a shrimp boil!

Today is Twin Day at Auston's school. He and his buddy Luke are wearing red shirts, jeans and their Nike tennis shoes. Sounds good to me!

Last edited by Chelby29; 10-06-2011 at 07:30 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:53 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning friends We have a new favorite coffee around here and I just picked up 2 2.5lb bags of beans on sale. There is coffee happiness in our house

Cottage - I love pumpkin bread. While I think chocolate is great those grainy, spicy fall breads really are my favorites. I'm going to try that recipe for paleo morning glory muffins this weekend and hope I can keep the portions under control.

Ruth - no frost here yet, close but not quite. I'm sure the mice are starting to move in. The cats keep them out off the main part of the house (other than the 1 dumb one each year) but they get into the open backed cupboards. I heard that foil on the shelf keeps them out because they hate walking on it. DOn't know if it's true but it would be a lot easier than dealing with steel wool.

Debbie - thanks for the recipe ideas I was actually wondering about greens because I always seem to cook them the same way, but I'm always happy to have new ideas. I'm getting ready to can applesauce so you may hear from me

Chel- Don't know what a shrimp boil fundraiser is but it certainly sounds hard to resist

We actually have an entire day without medical appointments! I'm off to meet a friend for coffee then dropping soup to the Co-op. We are working on a cookbook project and I made some ginger butternut soup for today's demo. Half followed the recipe and half was vegan with coconut milk. Not a bad recipe and a fun way to get a few work hours. After that it's shopping then home to do normal chores.

I'm looking for some new soup recipes to try out. DW is still wanting thin soups, not her usual thing. It's fun to try out new stuff - basically vegan because she is staying away from dairy until the cough goes away. I suspect curried veggie soups are on the menu

Happy Thursday

Last edited by CyndiM; 10-06-2011 at 07:53 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Linda - Pumpkin bread has been on my mind lately. Must have seen another mention of it. Maybe I'll try a SBD friendly version for Thanksgiving this year instead of just thinking about it.

Ruth - Another busy day for you!

Debbie - Glad to hear your drive went well. I saw lots of storms on the national map, creeping your way yesterday.

Chelby - I love shrimp. Never been to a "boil' though. Sounds fun.

Cyndi - I wonder if the one I tried last week would work for her. You are supposed to blend part but you could blend it all. Maybe not thin enough though. You could use veggie instead of chicken broth.

So my knee was really acting up yesterday and I suspect that my morning workout with lunges and squats made it worse. Hurt too much to elliptical or treadmill so no cardio. Feels better today, but not normal. I have no idea what it is. Today's big activity is packing for my weekend away. Also, must get cardio in to make up for yesterday and the weekend when I'll get none done. I liked my new exercise shirt and am taking it back to the store today, if I have time, to get it shortened; they do it for free. Making that yummy Mexican chicken in the crockpot today. Love it.

Have a wonderful day, everyone.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 129/120/112

Height: 5 Feet

Morning everyone and posting from my phone and very difficult to do personals. It's been an awful few days dealing with bugs in my house. Exterminator is coming today. I treated us to we pizza last night and boy did I need that! Felt so guilty eating it though! Off to work I go in a bit for a double. Have a fabulous day ladies!
Old 10-06-2011, 09:13 AM   #8  
sophie

good morning,

Cottage - thanks for the idea. I want to bake something that is portable to bring to DD next week.

Ruth - hope the right guy wins today. You are our social butterfly.

Debbie - nice to see that you are on plan. Hope you find your cabinets easily. Any knitting going on. I am knitting a boring scarf but will be great to knit on a 5 hr drive to my daughters.
Chelby - they sure make school fun for your Auston. A shrimp boil must be fun. We don't have those here.
Cyndi - there are so many sites with soup recipes on the net. Glad things have calmed down.
Karen - I know the company Lululemon, they are a Canadian company and very expensive but their stocks are good to have. Oprah endorses them on one of her programs and the rest is history.
Jerseygiiirl - have a good work day. Bugs are my nightmare.

me - I was very upset yesterday because (no longer a friend) after many years, told me that after pride comes a fall. I was telling her how I have lost weight and how hard it was with dd here and me baking all the time and cooking and I am so proud not to have gained any and that is was she said to me. She needs to lose but hasn't so I guess some jealousy is involved. Off to do a food plan for the week and then shopping.
take care
Sophie
Old 10-06-2011, 09:17 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

The coffee tastes great...thanks

Don't work until 2 today, so have a nice morning off. Chessa sleeps in a little later than I do, so it's a quiet morning with the dogs, some coffee, and the Today show. We went to the dog park last night, then made some homemade pizzas with a friend. It was a fun night! We watched Up All Night, which I am hooked on. Anyone else seen it yet?

Tomorrow we look at the first four houses on our list! My favorites list has 27 houses on it, so it's the start of a long search, I'm guessing. "The Dream House" as we've dubbed it, is high, high, high on our budget, so it will really have to wow us tomorrow to even be an option. All the rest on our favorites list are much more reasonable.

Still stalled. Still frustrated.

Linda- Pumpkin bread! I love the naughty kind, are you making SBD-friendly or not? Hope you get home early today.
Ruth- I love your new pumpkin picture. Your days kick my days butt in business...I always feel so lazy when I look at your agenda! I think I must have missed this, but where are you going on your trip?
Debbie- Hope you find some good stuff for your rental project!
Chelby- I love reading about Auston's fun days at school!
Cyndi- Did you see my recipe for black bean sweet potato chili? May not be thin...but it is tasty and vegan, for the record.
Karen- Is that Mexican chicken in the forum recipes? Phase 1 Crockpot?
Jersey- Good luck with the bugs!! I had whole wheat pizza last night too! Still feel like I'm cheating
Sophie- Wow! Sorry about that situation with your friend! Nothing wrong with being proud of loss...it's hard work and you have achieved lots!
Old 10-06-2011, 09:38 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Angie - Here's the link. My husband loves it too. And it's great as leftovers.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:53 AM   #11  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Sophie, Bake your not-friend a nice, gooey, chocolate cake.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:19 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Busy day at work it's award luncheon there will be op choices so I will just eat those and none of the decandent desserts. (Had to put it online to make it true )

Linda- I love fall breads, enjoy your trip

Ruth- You are so busy, love hearing about your days. Get those mice! hehe I am with Chelby you need a cat.

Debbie- Happy hunting

Chelby- I have never heard of shrimp boil either

Cyndi- glad there are no medical appointments today

Karen- Lots of folks going away for the weekend, have fun.

Jersey- Good luck with the bugs!! Are you getting your pcs fixed?

Sophie- Sounds like jealousy with your friend but I know it still hurts

Tonight dd2 has soccer I will try to get some walk on. The catholic church in town has their bi-annual rummage sale- we went last night before dance and I got a couple things for the family, I may go back to tonight and see if I can find a few more bargains since I have more time.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:23 AM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

morning,

home with stomach issues. but working too...in between bathroom runs

just wanted to say hi. Hope all are well.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Good evening ladies.
I'm still getting back into the swing of things. Hubby left this morning for 2 weeks for a field op. I threw out all his junk food because it was too tempting. It didn't bother me when he was here eating it but since it's just me for some reason it seems to call. Didn't feel like walking today but I'll get back to it tomorrow. I'm working tomorrow FINALLY. I've been waiting for a call since school started but the new program they started here has really messed with us all and some subs have been taking advantage of it and not being honest or fair. HOPEFULLY it's being dealt with. But atleast the school that loves me is calling. Feeling like I should play an hour of dance central for the night but I gotta motivate myself. Tomorrow Just Dance 3 comes out. I don't know if any of yall have ever played those but they are a workout. Hubby got me hooked on them. Now i challenge EVERYONE that walks into my house, and I usually beat them. Gotta thank my mom for the 10+ years of dance lessons.

Maybe I will go do that. Suddenly I am feeling a bit motivated. I hope everyone has a good evening.

xoxo
Old 10-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #15  
sophie

Chelby - you crack me up. I sent her and email and told her I wasn't ashamed of being proud and didn't appreciate the little grinning face that she put on when she quoted the scripture. She isn't a person that can take contradiction so I don't think I will be hearing from her soon. But you know, I'm too old to be playing games, life is too short.
take care
Sophie
Closed Thread