Old 10-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Smile Christian Encouragers ~ OCTOBER

Christian Encouragers ~ OCTOBER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome Friends

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support.
This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....
....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit
to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great
and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

Last edited by EZMONEY; 10-02-2011 at 08:01 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:20 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi Gals ~

A new month already, fall is upon us.

Had a nice week-end. We went to Guhann Grill Friday night and I had a shrimp stir fry. We didn't have my Granddaughter as my kids were too tired to go out, son had to work the cross-country race after school. We did go by and see her yesterday

Yesterday Angie my step-d and I went to an Oktoberfest, a lot of good food and beer

After church this morning we did some produce shopping at the produce market...boy did I stock up on pears for the week I got Asian, Bosc, Red Anjou and Bartlett...2 each for my lunches. Cheap this time of year

Spent the rest of the day paying bills, watching football and emptying out my truck of tools I don't need to start the week.

Our church posted up Angie and some of her fellow bell choir ringers today. So I will link it at the end of this post. It wasn't their full group, usually twice as many but they didn't need everyone for the song today. The lead in shows the outside of our church...the gym, conference rooms, some classrooms, kitchen and Angie's yoga room are in the building on the far right of the lead in picture....the sanctuary is to the left.

Well, I will check back later ~ Have a great week...and OH! ANGIE is the on the right in the bell choir...next to a young man and our Vicar's wife...she has her hair back and is in a light brown sweater, wearing her glasses....for those that have not seen her here in my pictures.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=299384246741978
Old 10-02-2011, 11:49 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

THANKS FOR SHARING THAT WITH US GARY ~ WOW ... that was really great to listen to. It's so pretty and calming; I love it!. I finally have PC's that I can watch and listen to videos on; and I'm so glad I finally got to hear Angie and her fellow bell choir. Do they have a CD out yet? That would be so fab!

Gee, it slipped my mind that it is October now; we had lovely weather the last two days (the predictions were way off; yeah). I made a nice stew out of some of the leftover turkey I had in the freezer. I put in leftover turkey, broth, onions, a yam, one new potato, kniblet corn, baby carrots, and spinach; plus herbs & spices too. It was totally yummy!

Hope you all have a great week coming up ... Rosebud
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:53 AM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi Gals ~

Ha! No ROSEBUD no cd yet. Just a little church group here. They usually have anywhere from 7 to 15 people...being volunteer they come and go. They practice almost every Saturday during the school year. Angie loves to do it, they play at church 2-3 times a month and they rotate the music so that all 3 of our services get a chance to hear them. It is really cool at Christmas when all the "ringers" play and the choir is full. Thank you for the kudos!
Old 10-03-2011, 01:23 PM   #5  
Fit by Forty!

S/C/G: 220/209/150

Height: 5'5"

We saw Courageous this weekend. WOW What a movie! I highly encourage you to see it, especially if you're a daddy or there's a man in your life that's a daddy. What a movie to inspire the men in our churches to step up and lead their families. Truly amazing.

Don't forget the tissues....
LisaLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 318/218/160

Height: 5'6"

Arrow Hello...I'm New...and would like

To get to know you all a bit. I want to feel connected.
Could you please answer these few questions to help?
(My answers are in parenthesis.)

THANK YOU!!

1) First Name or Nickname: (Donna)

2) Area you live: USA - Tennessee - East (near Smokey Mountains)

3) What is your greatest blessing God's given you? (My children!)

4) What is your favorite Scripture? (He can do exceedingly, abundantly above all we ask or even think! I think that is Eph 3:20)

5) What is your passion? (I love the Lord with all my heart...but also, right now Autism Awareness and helping families who are new with their child's diagnosis)

6) If you were stranded alone on a deserted island, what 3 things would you want with you? (Bible, Computer - with wifi connection and picture of my family)

7) Where do you see yourself in 5 years (In a healthy weight range, pampering my grandchildren, involved in Worship Ministry)

8) If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live? (RIGHT HERE!)

9) What is the first thing you're going to do when you get to your goal weight? (Faint!...no, buy new clothes and rejoice that I don't have to worry about fitting in booths or airplane seats)

10) What is something you've learned on your journey? (That I am a kind and joyful person, and Jesus thinks I'm beautiful just the way I am)
Change4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:50 PM   #7  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

I just wanted to pop in and say hi

Gary - You sure do fill up your extra time, so glad so much of it is filled with family

Rosebud - Sounds like you are enjoying the weather you are having So glad that things are going well for you in your new place!

Donna - I wish you the best of luck on your journey to your goal weight/health

Lisa - I have not seen that, but glad you enjoyed it so Anything that is inspiring, is wonderful to see
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:05 PM   #8  
Rosebud

HELLO FRIENDS ~ WE had two more days in a row, but we did get a tiny, light sprinkle for few minutes yesterday. Our SIL took us up town for an appt and shopping; so got a lot of walking in yesterday. Yes, my legs and feet needed lots of rest last night to recupe, so I did some reading.

WELCOME AGAIN, DONNA ~ The only nickname that family and friends called me was "DEE or DEE-DEE", but I use ROSEBUD here and on the net at large. I live in Northern Ontario, Canada up in the James Bay Frontier just below Hudson Bay. The nearest city to our town is Timmins, Ontario.

One of my most favorite scriptures is in my signature, but I have too many to mention really. I would want my Bible with me no matter where I am. I plan to stay here where I am; I prefer small towns to the city (I have lived in both). I have learned that GOD/Jesus LOVE me the way I am; and I have to learn to do the same (I just wish others would too). 2 Samuel 16:7 (another favorite of mine).

I am just trying to eat and live as healthy as I can -- we can only do our best and let GOD take care of the rest. I believe that GOD wants us all to be healthy, but I don't think HE wants us obsessing about our weight or appearance. WE must keep our focus on GOD first and foremost -- sharing our hope and GOD's Love with others.

My Mission/Ministry -- is as stated above; plus being a PRAYER WARRIOR, and a sunbeam ... shining GOD's Love around to all I meet. Matthew 5:16 ~ "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father in heaven."

I am trying to live my life to the fullest now; I don't want to wait for that. I recall GARY reminding us all to LIVE BETWEEN THE STEPS ... right on! And I am ... our new home is one good example; living for our dreams now. PRAIZE GOD!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-06-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:55 PM   #9  
Rosebud

I had a good chuckle when I saw that my morning devotional scripture was about shining our light today in Matthew 5:16. I added it to the previous post too. No coincidence, I'm sure. It also has this verse by SPER ...

Lord, help us always to put YOU first
In everthing we say and do ...
So that Your Light will shine through us
And show the world their need of YOU!

The LORD works in mysterious, yet mighty ways. Jesus said not to hide our light in the candle story in Ephesians 5:8, making the same point. That is why I also enjoy being a CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGER so much; I could add that to my mission or ministry list as well.

We have another beautiful fall day here; we are thrilled about that as we approach our Thanksgiving weekend coming up. Just doing stuff around the house today. Take good care ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-06-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:25 PM   #10  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
...... That is why I also enjoy being a CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGER so much; I could add that to my mission or ministry list as well......
...and what a blessing you are!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 10-06-2011 at 06:25 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Rosebud , I read in your post that you want to be a Sunbeam. Reminds me of when I was a little girl going to Sunday School and we sang.....
"Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam
To Live for Him each day
Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam
At home, at school at play".
and many more verses.
Another favorite from Sunday School...
"This little light of mine
Im'gonna let it shine
Let it shine
Let it shine , let it shine". etc.
Several years ago Donna Fargo ( I think it was Donna Fargo ) had a Country Western Hit "You can't be a beacon if your light don't shine'.

Last edited by bargoo; 10-06-2011 at 08:03 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #12  
Rosebud

GARY ~ thanks for that; I hope to be -- that is my ministry for GOD. As I shared with you all when I first came here ... the name CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS jumped out at me becuz just before that I had asked GOD what I could do for Him. I felt bad that I had so many physical limitations, but He showed me that He had important jobs for people like me --

1) He needs more PRAYER WARRIORS: people who have the time & compassion to prayer for others and the world. See James 5:16; 2 Chronicles 7:14; 1 Thess 5:16-18.

2) He wants Christians to ENCOURAGE each other more (lift each other up & edify each other in positive ways, with LOVE & not judgement). See Isaiah 41:6 & 1 Thess 5:11.

3) To tell people that HE LOVES THEM -- to be a sunbeam or light to others & the world so that they would know this. GOD IS LOVE -- so it only makes sense that the whole gospel is summed up in His Love. See Jeremiah 31:3; 1 John 3:11 & 4:7/10.

"LOVE the LORD, YOUR GOD with all your heart & soul & mind; and LOVE thy neighbour as yourself" -- Matthew 22: 37-39/ 7:12. LOVE isn't just a feeling: it is a knowing, an action, and a choice ...

Today's devotional verse was this -- "By this (Love) all will know that you are my disciples, if you have LOVE for one another". JESUS talking here in John 13:35.

HOW CAN WE SHOW GOD'S LOVE TO OTHERS -- by helping them; praying for them; caring for them; sharing GOD'S LOVE with them; sharing a hopeful scripture verse; encouraging them with a kind word, a smile, or a gentle touch; a phone call, email, or a visit; giving a meal, treat, or small gift; lending a listening ear; doing them a kindly favor like offering a ride, opening a door or carrying a parcel; and offering helpful advice or timely wisdom.

BARGOO ~ thanks for those examples; I only heard the first verse of that song on a movie a few years ago -- it touched me at the time for many reasons, and I won't soon forget it!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-20-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:47 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

It is so important if we have young children that they go to Sunday School, as you can see I still remember songs that I learned in Sunday School. I also remember Bible Verses that I learned as well as the familiar Bible Stories. We remember those things we learned as children. Some of us may never go to church again but down in our hearts these wonderful lessins are still there.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:02 PM   #14  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi Gals

Well, I have taken the dogs for their walk...although Reba is only up to 3/4 of a block now. Hoping next visit to the vet next Friday she will be released to go-go-go!

Angie went to a yoga class this morning then will head over to church for bell choir practice. Gives me time to get laundry started...thank goodness I vacuumed yesterday or I would be exhausted by now with all that work

Watched that GRAND-daughter of ours at my son's house last night. It's a little easier for them, that way she doesn't wake up when she is put into her car seat. No problem for us since they live about 1.5 miles away. We often just walk up. She is just getting so much fun to play with...I can't wait until this time next year when we will have a ...Lord willing...a 7 month old and a 19 month old grand children running/crawling around

Just a quick note here on how everyone has ENCOURAGED me here over the last 10 years!! Wow..10 years...who woulda thunk that!

I think today we may go do a little shopping to see if we can add to our pirate theme for Halloween. We will once again do trunk or treat at church and decorate the truck, the dogs and ourselves as pirates. Pretty sure we will be guaranteed a 3rd place trophy this year as we already have won first and second...

Well, off for a second load of clothes....

be good
Old 10-08-2011, 02:13 PM   #15  
Rosebud

BARGOO ~ I agree -- you know, I went to church and Sunday School straight from the time I was a baby until I was 10-11 years old. Our dear minister loved JESUS so much and was so gracious. He loved & accepted everyone. I felt that I could see a glow in his face & he smiled all the time.

I still recall & sing songs that I learned there too (just didn't learn the Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam one; not sure why). It was a United Church, and I know that different churches do teach different songs.

My 3 favorite songs were JESUS LOVES ME; LITTLE BROWN CHURCH (it was a little brown church too); and my favorite hymn was HOLY, HOLY, HOLY (which we sang every Sunday to open the service).

I have no doubt that those years formed my strong love of GOD and JESUS that has stayed with me my whole life. "Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-08-2011 at 02:25 PM.