South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 05:32 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Weekend Chat, Sept 24-25

Good Morning

It's a travel day here; we're getting things cleaned up, organized and packed. The car is fueled and we'll get going as soon as our houseguest arises AND we find the kitty. We've done this enough times that kitty goes into hiding just to make things interesting. Cyndi and DW are on my mind this morning. I'm hoping Julie is feeling better and can return home today.

to AS1125! Best wishes on this plan! There's lots of support here!

What's on your weekend agenda? Stop and chat a bit
Old 09-24-2011, 05:48 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Debbie and still sleeping Beachers Those of you I see on facebook already know about yesterday's drama. DW passed out in the morning and ended up spending the night at the hospital because they couldn't figure out what's going on. Sounds like they still don't know. I was there pretty late and am heading back up in about half an hour. Hopefully she will be back home this afternoon. On a more beachy note - why is the food in hospitals so unhealthy?! The hospital is part of a huge complex where she has her medical appointments so we've spent some time there recently. It's hard to find much to eat. All the salad dressings contain sugar and it goes from there. It's so frustrating, the one place you would think there might be some healthy choices They are stuck in the old low fat idea and ignore added sugar.

It's another rainy fall day here, surprisingly warm though. I need to get moving and head north again. Happy weekend friends
Old 09-24-2011, 07:26 AM   #3  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Hi everyone, Cyndi- I really hope things improve, thinking of you!

Welcome AS1125!!! I hope you find a lot of great support here and if you have questions, let us know!

I'm doing okay, a little better I guess, just really tired. I wanted to take a walk into town this weekend but I don't know that I should. I probably should just stay here and relax. It feels so good to sleep and eat, I couldn't eat for awhile so it is nice to enjoy that but I want to eat more on plan foods and get out of the mentality that because I am recuperating from surgery, I can eat whatever I want.

Take care all, thinking of you and wishing you a a great start to the weekend.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chickies!

Debbie - hope you find that kitty cat soon! I can't imagine being ready for anything at 5:30 am!!

Cyndi - hope they find some answers for Julie, and that she's feeling okay. Take care of yourself too! I agree - the food at hospitals is horrid. On the patient side, I remember when my dad was in for a stroke, and was on the 'diabetic diet', that his breakfast was....blueberry muffin! Great! That oughta help his blood sugar!

AS1125 - welcome!!

Seabiscuit - that mentality is so hard to overcome (and I have not). I think a huge step is just acknowledging it happens!

Off to work today. (boo!) I finished all our lodging arrangements last night, for our trip to AZ/UT next month! I'm so excited!! DH asked if the potential government shut down could effect it...ummmm, yeah. Darned it, I hadn't thought of that. With elections coming up, I would bet it would go thru sooner than later.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I need to finish painting my DD's room, good thing she doesn't care...
Old 09-24-2011, 08:38 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Checking in a bit late as I had a few wine glasses to get into the dishwasher. DWARPS is well named! We did have a good evening although it was too rainy for the smokers to use the back deck. They had to use the front porch where there are no chairs. It did make the smoke breaks shorter though.

Debbie, you remind me of Marco Polo! I hope that kitty comes out of hiding soon. My cat used to actually jump into the trunk when we packed the car.

Cyndi, I hope you get some answers today. What a surprise! Good thing you were home. Hospital food is absolutely terrible! When I had my operation, friends brought me good food daily. When I asked for fruit, I got mandarin oranges in sugar syrup!

Seabiscuit, I hope you feel better as the day progresses. Remember to rest as it speeds healing as does healthy food.

Twynn, I just figured out AZ/UT and even know where they are on the USA map. Now to figure out government shut-down. I guess I should check American TV once in a while.

I'm sort of tired and sore this morning so am going to get another coffee and soak in the tub with a book. All I HAVE to do today is make a dish for a pot luck tonight and I make take the easy way out and do a fruit salad. Diet gingerale, rum and coconut extract makes it special.

Enjoy your day - whatever you do.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Debbie - Hopefully you have found kitty and are safely on your way by now.

Cyndi - I hope she's okay and you get some answers.

Amy - Glad to hear the surgery went well. I think relaxing today is a good plan.

Twynn - Where are you going in AZ/UT? Did you tell us the Grand Canyon? My memory is so bad

Ruth - Spiked fruit! Fun. Hope you had a nice relaxing soak.

We are having a spell of great weather so I think we'll ride bikes this afternoon. DH wants to get back in time to watch college football; he watches my son's school team and they text each other during the game. Cute. Trying a new recipe tonight: quinoa veggie bake or some such. Nothing much else going on here.

Have a great weekend, everyone.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Good Morning! Quick post, as I am at work.
Cyndi - So sorry to hear about DW's hospital visit. The food sure doesn't do much to help someone on their way to recovery...I hope she gets answers soon and is able to return home this afternoon.
Amy - Glad to feel you are okay! I agree that lots of rest and some healthy food will really do the body good Hope you continue to feel better and better.

Hi to everyone else...back to work for me.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:45 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

We made it! (kitty, too) Off to the pool!
Old 09-24-2011, 01:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Saturday!

Debbie, Glad kitty showed up. She needs a bell on her collar.

Cyndi, When I was in the hospital, I ate a lot of plain oatmeal or broth. My family went out of the hospital to eat as the cafeteria was yucky and expensive.

Seabiscuit, Ride the 'I-just-had-surgery' wagon as long as possible. It's nice to have people take care of you sometimes.

Twynn, If you have to find other lodging, check out craigslist. I found a great condo at Disney last year for cheap!

Ruth, I may have missed something... What is DWARPS?

Karen, My TV is jammed with college football, too. My hubby isn't a fan of any particular team. He likes ALL SEC teams -- and there are LOTS of SEC games!

Angie, Have a great day at work!

Me: We've already been yard sale-ing this morning. Auston found all the good stuff. I'm looking for cool-weather clothes for him. Last fall, he was in a size 8. Now he's a size 10. He's a big boy!

Not anything exciting this weekend. Laundry, cleaning, napping. The usual.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:53 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Sorry. DWARPS is the registered name of my Book Club. It stands for Drinkers With A Reading Problem.
(By the number of bottles I just took back for a refund, it's well-named!)
Old 09-24-2011, 02:27 PM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

lol Ruth
Cyn - hope DW feels better
to everyone!

I got to a late start, and I think I feel a cold coming on. Going to nap it off. Oh and my couch attacked me - a pin stuck out and literally gouged my foot last night. It's so sore!!
Old 09-24-2011, 02:43 PM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good afternoon Chicks I'll be making another pot of coffee soon, so it's still the smiley for me

DW is staying over at least another night. She is definitely feeling better but because she passed out and has an elevated white count they want to keep an eye on her. Normally we might push to have her home so she can actually sleep, but she has major surgery scheduled in 3 weeks so it's really important that whatever this is be completely knocked out of her system so we aren't arguing. I decided to run home for a couple of hours and get a little done around here. I wish the hospital wasn't an hour away but they are awesome so it's the best place for her to be.

Debbie - Glad you managed to round up kitty and finished the drive in time for a swim

Amy - glad you're on the other side of the surgery. A relaxing day or recuperating sounds perfect

Twynn - Julie is on the "carb controlled diet". I couldn't believe the food choices They were surprised she didn't want dessert.
You plan the best vacations Will you camp?

Ruth - hope the soak did the trick

Karen - it's making me crazy that I don't have time to bike this weekend. It's so warm! Enjoy your weekend

ANgie - Hope work is uncomplicated and done soon!

Chel - Every time you post a new Auston pic I'm in shock. He's so grown! Happy napping

Jenn - ouch, hope it's feeling better soon. Sounds like a perfect day to curl up on the couch with a good book.

OKay, time to get back to chores before I head out again.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:11 PM   #13  
Start IP 4/8/2013

S/C/G: upper 174/163.9/130

Height: 5'4

It's the weekend - YES

good afternoon SBD peeps... 5 am hockey - done
4 loads laundry - done
Grocery shopping and errands for the weekend - done

Taking 30 to chill and then were getting ready for an OCTOBERFEST at a friends house TONIGHT!!!! I'll be good.

Hubby asked this morning if I had new pants on today (my khakis from yesterday-- wearing today-- I don't think we saw each other all week other than in our jammies in the morning and night) any who... I said no- I've had these... He said they look really loose on you I was like really ... There still a little snug on the waist... He said no they look really loose everywhere else...YES AWESOME.. there my size 10 from old navy though ... So probably a larger size but I'll take that...

That will keep me being good tonight. Feel tired right now though - don't know why -ha! Early night tonight though with hockey again in the morning...

29 days until the ball!

You all have a wunder bar weekend!
Old 09-24-2011, 06:12 PM   #14  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Wink

Thanks for the support everyone. I feel tired still, and I hope I can make it to work on Monday but I don't know. I don't want to push myself too much. I keep trying to not get ahead of myself and force myself to lay down or sit. I tried taking two 5 minute walks and I was so wiped out afterward. I am hoping tonight and tomorrow I will feel better.

I hope you are all well.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:57 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Seabiscuit, I hope you feel better today. Anesthetic really is hard on your body even without surgery.

I have to tackle my sleep problem. I've been not getting to bed until midnight the past few nights and still wakening early. Grrrr! Of course partying has not helped although I've sure been having fun. Things should settle down this week though. I have a Food Fair this afternoon where I'll do walk about talking up the Mill and our stone-ground flour and ignoring the food and wine sampling tables. No more food events until I go to Ottawa for dinner next Saturday night.

Raising my mug to a restful Sunday.
Closed Thread