Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 09-21-2011, 04:00 PM   #1  
I'm more fab than flab <3

S/C/G: 354.2/334.6/150

Height: 168

Default something is making me sick

something i am eating is not agreeing with me at all. at first i thought maybe its the high fat and sugar diet so i cut out all sweets (i turned DOWN pancakes and ice cream today im so proud cause it smelled so good =D) and also cut out fizzy drinks and fried foods.... im still feeling poorly and getting cramping in my lower intestine (need i say more :S)

i have also upped the fruit and veg and water so i have come to the conclusion that its either bread or tea or both :S first im going to cut out the bread and see how it goes and then if nothing the tea (i love it more than i love bread ) but for now can someone give me some ideas for lunch. i go to college and so it needs to be something i can pack and something thats gonna keep me going till i get home at like 7 that evening.

thank you in advance xxx
becckii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/216/160

Height: 5'8"

Have you thought that it may not be a food thing? It may be a physiological thing? Have you cut out milk and dairy? That's a common cause of stomach issues. Also gluten- so not just bread but things with gluten in them (almost anything with wheat flour, but it's a little more complicated than just that). How long has it been going on? How long have you been off the bad stuff? It could just be a virus if it hasn't been too long.

What about hummus and veggies and lots of fruit to take to school? Or swing by a fast food place or restaurant and get a grilled chicken salad with some light dressing. Or Tuna and rice crackers? So sorry you're going through this- sounds miserable! I have heard that the diet for having diarrhea or stomach upset is BART- Bananas, Applesauce, Rice, Toast. It's more of a guideline, I think, meaning soft, bland, easy to digest things.
DezziePS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:04 AM   #3  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

If you're sure dairy is not the problem, how about cheese and raw veg for lunch? You have some fantastic cheeses over there.
Olives and roasted red peppers.
Peanut butter with fruit.
Greek yogurt with a little granola and fruit.
Tabbouleh with some cheese or a small tin of salmon (or sardines if you like them)
A tin of stuffed grape leaves with some cheese or a greek yogurt.
Chickpea salad - tin of chickpeas, tin of artichoke hearts, a little olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, onion flakes, salt & pepper (and a little shredded cheddar if you like)
Butter bean salad - butter beans, a couple roasted red peppers, onion flakes, olive oil, vinegar, cumin, salt & pepper
White bean salad - white beans, tuna, lots of oregano, olive oil, lemon juice, onion flakes, salt & pepper

The yogurt is the only thing that you would have to keep cold til lunchtime.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:06 AM   #4  

Once in a great while I get a stomach or intestinal upset. It is usually caused by something I ate at a restaurant, so I rarely go out to eat anymore.
I keep candied ginger in the house and take a couple of pieces every few hours until everything is back to normal. I buy the candied ginger at Trader Joe's or an import store near me.

I also use Pepto Bismol tablets at times if the ginger fails to give me any relief within an hour.

I also gave up chocolate candy a year ago ... for good ... when I discovered that it was giving me intestinal upsets.

You can be fat and love yourself. You can be fat and have a great personality.
You can be fat and sew your own clothes.
But you can't be fat and healthy.
Susan Powter
JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote