Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 01:16 AM   #61  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

Thanks, MarleneV, that's good to know your own experience. Next time Amberlyn comes to my town, I'll try to get some. And I agree, Godiva is excellent stuff!

Rennie, I know what you mean - I often have wished that I could have somebody standing by me all the time telling me what to eat and how much. Free choice is hard! LOL Hope you can keep a little voice inside you that reminds you to be good to yourself by feeding your body in the way it needs, instead of how your mind wants. I guess in a way I'm lucky that my own body has gotten really sensitive to bad eating: too much sugar or junk and I feel so lousy that I regret it and stay away from that kind of indulgence. Figuring out what foods keep me feeling well has been a real learning experience and one that I keep relearning over and over.

B: eggs scrambled with onions and mushrooms, coffee
S: chips and salsa
D: big asian salad with chicken and saifun noodles
S: choc covered blueberries, coffee
Old 12-30-2013, 05:49 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 177/147/138

Height: 5ft7

Everyone's food sounds so yummy, and there's not that much of it! I'm beginning to realise that I've always been able to eat a reasonable amount (prob 2000 calories/day) without gaining and never thought about it Given it's taken longer than I'd like to properly shift this baby weight I'm going to mentally add calories for a bit to see if it helps. I'll aim to not go over 2000 which probably sounds like a lot but I'm exclusively breastfeeding and running hard.

Or maybe it's my "visceral fat" coming off first? I'd never really heard of that before - a fitness instructor said that when restarting exercise you tend to lose your visceral fat before your subcutaneous fat and, when combined with an increase in lean muscle, means that the scales can be slow to move. That would fit with how my body looks better and my clothes are fitting better but the scales haven't moved as much as I'd like.

One of the hardest things during these long summer holidays with water baby children is that they're constantly hungry and I feel like I'm constantly fixing them food. Granted, it's almost all fresh and healthy but it's hard not to nibble.

At least with 4 kids New Years is a non event...
Old 12-30-2013, 07:24 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks for the welcome y'all. (I lived in NC for 8 years, can't drop the southern sometimes ) I guess most people are on this thread instead of the daily?

I'm really trying to get in the mindset of weight loss, I'm sure most of you know what I mean. I did quite awesome on sbd, and it works so well when you stick to it, but life interferes (and I have 2 small children), so one slowly eats stuff you probably shouldn't when one gains weight easily. Hopefully having better accountability will help me out. I didn't mind gaining some weight back (my initial low was 122...that was absolutely nothing off plan, *maybe* 1200 cal/day, and running 15-20 miles/week), but I'm uncomfortable where I got back to. I'd like to get down to 130ish and stay there. Funny, since I'm physically in way better shape then I used to be, my "fat" clothes are still way baggy on me.

I was going to start back Jan 2nd, but last night decided on today (with a blip tomorrow night that was preplanned NYE party) because I want to. It worked, eating what I wanted, I'm craving healthy foods!

See you around!

Last edited by TwynnB; 12-30-2013 at 07:26 AM.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:16 AM   #64  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

I dropped a little bit more weight, woot! I have lost total 4 pounds in month of December. I am quite happy with that!

Plan for today it to follow SBD;

Meals
B ~ Green Tea
L ~ California Wrap, Black Bean Dip w/ celery
D ~ Spice rubbed chicken fingers, sauteed peppers and onions, green salad
S ~ Chilled espresso custard

Exercise
4.5 mile walk
weight lifting 45 min

Weight

Old 12-30-2013, 11:36 AM   #65  
Hi!

Back on track today.

B - small apple and 2T PB
S - hard boiled egg
L - Salad from grocery store salad bar (it's good and healthy)
S - string cheese
D - chicken tortilla soup, without the tortilla
Old 12-30-2013, 02:54 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

B: ham and cheese omelette
S: veggies and hummus
L: ham bean and cabbage soup
D: pork loin with veggies
Old 12-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'6"

Checking in. Done 2 workouts this week and the third will be in a short while. Eating has been good. Stepped on scales to see the post-Christmas indulgence weight down to 126.7. TOM started yesterday too so can't complain with the scales as I'm usually heavier until post-TOM.

Sounds as if everyone is doing well so far and very motivated!
Old 12-30-2013, 05:31 PM   #68  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Hi! I got home late last night from 6 days at my parents' house in FL. Scale was up to 162.0 this AM but I am hoping it's only temporary; I can't have put on 4 real pounds in 6 days.

My goal is to be back to 152 by Valentines Day. I think I've had enough candy and treats in the last week such that I won't even be tempted in that regard. Here's hoping. And yes zumba, I saw the V- day candy in the stores too. Unbelievable. (Glad to read about your fab boyfriend!)

Last edited by newleaf123; 12-30-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:00 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hi all....well I have decided that I can't start my new eating program until after new years...having the kids here and off from school isn't helping.....seems like every two minutes I'm cooking for someone....or have acess to snacks I have no business eating.....time for me to focus on me a little bit......

B: hard boiled egg
L: Bubba burger on a bun, onion and lettuce, ketchup and mayo.
D: small portion of whole wheat pasta, one meatball and sauce.
monchego cheese
S: chocolate cookies

not the best of days....but its done and I'm not crying over it. I taught two zumba classes today.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:45 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

127.5... Had continuing education at work today, therefore lunch & snack not my normal...

B- 2 hard boiled eggs, orange, coffee with creamer
L-1 slice thin crust veggie pizza, salad, 3 halo oranges
S-margarita, cheese stick
D-tilapia, 2oz brown rice, salad, berries
S- no sugar added ice cream, animal crackers

No exercise, don't feel like it, too cold! 8+ cups of water

Last edited by MarleneV; 12-30-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:39 AM   #71  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Good day today.

B: cappuccino, steel-cut oats with raisins
S: chunk of cheddar cheese
L: spicy fennel & chick pea stew
D: veggie burrito (onion, red pepper, mushroom, zucchini, tomato, spinach) with a tablespoon of sour cream and sprinkle of cheese, 1/2 acorn squash
Old 12-31-2013, 03:52 AM   #72  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Virtuous day: long workout and moderate intake

B: yogurt with chia and kiwi
L: salad with beans, chicken, sunflower and pumpkin seeds
S: dried mango, coffee
D: same salad as above, zucchini strips with mushroom marinara, garlic bread
S: 1 oz dark chocolate, coffee

Woo-hoo, Sum, way to go!

And to everyone!

Last edited by Cattails; 12-31-2013 at 03:54 AM.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:43 AM   #73  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Good Morning

Quick post

I never got to see 175 but I did lose 5.6lbs for the month

Have a great day Everyone and Happy New Year, Blessings to ALL
Old 12-31-2013, 08:31 AM   #74  

Good morning. Slow and steady wins the race, right? The scale continues to move in the right direction albeit not as quickly as I might have liked.
I am feeling a bit healthier everyday and, am hopeful that my liver function tests were just wonky because of a virus and not because of permanent damage due to my eating habits. Either way I have to smarten up.

It doesn't look like I will hit 195 for the New Year but I may get in the 195 point somethings....it will be close.
I do have a single serving of champagne and some steak and lobster to look forward to tonight. I bought in portion control amounts. It ends up a bit more expensive but I can't over indulge that way.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:41 AM   #75  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

I LOVE reading everybody's meals!

I had a nice OP day yesterday. I over dozed on veggies for dinner...lol

Meals
B ~ Green Tea
L ~ Pinto bean dip w/ celery.
D ~ LOTS of green veggies, California Wrap (2)

Exercise
Rest Day, my muscles needed it

Weight this am
Closed Thread