Breakfast

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • What do you usually eat?

I eat toast but I'm trying to get away from it.
    My alternates:
    40g of cheese
    Small yogurt with 50g of muesli and dark chocolate
    Apple or banana with PB
    Egg with thin slice of dark bread
  • Oatmeal almost every day.

My favorite way to prepare it is with 1 tbsp. cocoa powder (20 calories), 1/2 c frozen cherries (50 cal), 1/8 cup sliced almonds (85 cal), stevia (0 cal), and the oatmeal itself (dry measured 1/2, 150 calories). It's a total of 305 calories, filling, and delicious.
  • I love oatmeal, especially on cold mornings. Some days I eat cold cereal, especially like multi-grain cheerios.
  • I used to make oatmeal, with cinnamon, some chopped almonds (10 for some reason) and frozen blueberries, sometimes with unsweetened almond milk instead of water.

Now I'm on a smoothie kick, I don't know why I just love it, made in the blender, unsweetened almond milk (vanilla), couple kale leaves, handful of baby spinach (or two) a banana, 2 tbsps. wheat germ, sometimes a tbsp of homemade peanut butter (no oil or sugar added). Like a milkshake.

Cheerios with a banana is good too. I'm trying to stay away from the simple carbs whatever they're called that turn into sugar right away, something like oatmeal stays with you longer.

• I also eat oatmeal almost everyday. I put a little but of light syrup in it and it is amazing
  • Coffee and vitamins are my breakfast!

I like to have "grazing food" for the morning because I don't like breakfast, but about an hour or so after I get to work, I start to feel hungry. Right now, my breakfast is my Yoli protein shake. Before I was doing my Yoli diet, I'd have nuts, string cheese, sliced apples, carrots or other veggies, a hard boiled egg, or some other easy to grab and munch, and sort of graze on type of finger food.

On days off, I still more or less graze in the morning or I don't eat breakfast at all.
  • Protein Shake in the blender with ice,,,,,,,,yummy
  • I have a bagel with peanut butter almost every morning. Melty peanut butter, yummy!
  • when I get up (between 5 and 6):
    I eat two pieces of toast with black coffee.
    go out for a walk for 1.5 to 2 hours

come home and have breakfast
    6 egg whites
    two pieces of toast
    with ketchup and mustard
  • usually 2 scrambled eggs and a liter of water between breakfast and lunch.
    sometimes a 3 egg and ham omelet.
    no bread for me! I quit carbs 2 weeks ago and never looked back!
    I also find that protein heavy breakfasts keeps me fuller longer and keeps me from snacking between meals .
  • For me I like .5 cup yogurt, a banana or 1/2 an apple & some granola. As the weather is starting to turn, I'm going to switch up ocassionally to hearty oatmeal. Small glass skim milk to wash it all down.

If I have coffee, it's only 1 cup. My usual was 3-4!! :-O I still love my coffee, but I know I need to cut back on the caffine. Soda was pretty easy to cut back on, but there is NO REPLACEMENT for my coffee! But it's going okay. :-)
  • Most mornings I fix oatmeal, sometimes cold cereal with skim milk, and every once in a blue moon toast with cinnamon sugar (just a tiny sprinkling). I work at 6AM, so on my 8AM break I eat either a container of Greek yogurt or a piece of fruit. This keeps me full and helps me keep from overdoing it at lunch.
  • Coffee with oatmeal & chopped almonds almost everyday!
  • I eat 2 kelloggs strawberry waffles without syrup. I like them golden brown with a little crunch.
  • Malt-O-Meal. Started eating it regularly with my pregnancies (for the folic acid) and have been loving it ever since (15 years now)