Old 02-27-2011, 11:14 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Thanks, Ange, I do plan to wait on any further testing, etc. if the steroids get me back to my normal. Look at you, running in China....such an interesting life you have.

Fruitlady-I don't know that insurance even covers a nutritionist unless you have a diagnosed reason to see one from a doctor. I know that hospitals have them on staff and I'm sure they are in other places. Maybe make a call to a local hospital and ask to speak to their dietician/nutritionist area and just feel it out and ask what your options might be cost-wise.

Sillycat-The recipe turned out fairly good. I will try to post it tomorrow for you all.

I feel good right now. Such a nice weekend, but sad it is over. One more day, please??

Funny thing posted on Facebook that made me do a double-take and then giggle: "FACEBOOK will be CLOSED for maintenance from February 29 to 31!! Facebook wants u to share this message with all of your friends for the best chance of alerting everyone. Many people will try to login from February 29 to 31, just to find the site closed down for those days with no warning. HELP YOUR FACEBOOK FAMILY -- REPOST THIS !!"
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:09 AM   #302  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Good Monday morning, all. Just a quick post--I need to get out the door and to the gym.

Up half a pound, but not surprised--I ate some pistachios, and had steak for dinner last night. Hey, gotta live it up sometimes. So, I'm at -8 for February and -19 since the start of the year. Not bad. I hope I can keep this up.

Annie--glad to hear you're feeling better, and yes, the weekend was much too short.

Must run. Have a good day, even if it is Monday.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:24 PM   #303  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/118

Good morning all!

Last day of february and it's snowing like a banshee outside!!

Worked out - still a chubbo - but i feel better. Just got one of those stand up desks at work - so far really digging it!!

Hope all are doing well!!

C.
SILLYCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:48 PM   #304  

Here is a link to the recipe I tried yesterday. I posted it in the food section.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entr...ml#post3734561
Old 02-28-2011, 01:35 PM   #305  

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5' 10"

Default Good morning!

Just doing a quick stop to say hello. I'm having a rough day so far...really tired. Didn't sleep well. I did manage to get up early this morning however and work out with my younger daughter, so I feel good about that. I started my program on Saturday, but my daughter didn't and we have to work out together in the mornings so I redid the first day today with her so we'd be on the same page. My other daughter is doing workouts at night or later in the day so she is actually two days ahead of us now. But, it doesn't matter much, as long as we're all getting our workouts in I guess!!

My older daughter is about to turn 17...she had major back surgery almost a year ago, in April...had L5 and S1 vertebrae fused together. She hasn't been active since, or for a long time before. I had trouble even getting her to school because it would be painful for her to sit for long, or to walk for long, or to do anything for long. She finally got into a program here recently where she goes to school from 2 to 6 pm and can bust out as many classes as she is able...she is about 16 classes behind because of all the issues she's had and time she's missed due to her back. Even a couple times with that limited schedule, she's tried to get out of going to school...but I told her she needs to go and push through the pain...that she has to in order to get stronger and be able to do more. I think she starts to hurt and then wants to quit. Anyway, it's good to see her working out a bit...lifting weights and such. She really needs to strengthen so that she can live a more normal life and be more pain free. So...here's to hoping!!

Have a good day everyone!
miracleminded1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:52 PM   #306  

Annie - that recipe sounds YUMMY!!! Gonna try that but in my new presure cooker i think.. tends to infuse the meet more with the flavors - or it's supposed to..

Thanks for posting!
Old 02-28-2011, 03:00 PM   #307  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

A rainy day here in Pa. So no walk, i rode the bike only 21min. My legs were a little sore from all of yesterday's exercise. Had 1480 cal. today, 200 over again, my hubby had peanut butter in the house. I just wanted a little & it put me over my limit. I just can't keep my calories in range anymore, I counted only 2 days this month that I stayed within my normal range. Now the problem is adding more fat & sodium to my diet, sometimes I have to eat more(all healthy food) to get the amount I need without going overboard. I wish I knew exactly how much my body needs so I can consume the right amount. I guess it's just a guessing game, I don't want to gain anymore weight. My weight stayed the same, I'm hoping this is where it will even out. 110lbs is my own personal red line, always has been, I didn't stick to that enough though. My jeans fit snug now cause I bought them when I was 105lbs. I am accepting my new weight & am going to try to maintain it the right way.

Good Day to all!!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:17 PM   #308  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

Was going to do a longer post got busy, but Annie I wanted to share this with you. it was in my inbox in my email account today and sure helped me. Praying for you!

But even when we can't see, God has promised to be there - loving us, strengthening us, giving us what we need to face each day.

No matter what happens, God will hold you close and see you through because you are so precious to Him.

God cares, cares right down to the last detail.
James 5:11 The Message
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #309  

Thank you so much, Ashley. That means so much to me.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #310  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

Kittie – what a great idea to do a pro and con list for the job, I am still waiting to hear back to see if I got the position in my department and kinda was thinking the same as you so I did that over the weekend.

Penguin – sorry to hear about your bil, prayers for him.

NP – Florida- yay for you and you can get back on track when you get home.

Stuck inside to day, too cold outside again. Usually it gets better this time of year but the -25 is just starting to get really discouraging. I usually don’t mind winter but this one has been long, cold and hard. I suppose I could look at the bright side and be thankful I can cover up whilst I am losing weight and not have to show off my fat body in t shirts and shorts  Was on plan yesterday and blew it today due to being discouraged. I think I have to rethink the lunch workout till it gets nice and get my butt moving in the morning again at the inside gym.

FL – glad to hear you are doing better!

Welcome Miracle!
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:14 PM   #311  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

BIL in home from the hospital, but not much else is known. Tests were inconculsive? He will have to followup with his regular dr.

Hubby is still sick, but getting better. Weather started out nice but the temps dropped as the day progressed.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:32 PM   #312  

Hang in there penguin - those tests can be inconclusive and frequently it's just a matter of being followed - so they are doing what they should.

Annie - i printed your recipe and going to try it in the pressure cooker tonight!!

Dead tired of this menopause thing - starting / stopping / bloating / unbloating.. ugh
Old 03-01-2011, 12:37 PM   #313  

Hey Sillycat! We are over in the MARCHing...thread now...come on over!!