Old 10-26-2009, 10:50 PM   #16  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Add-on workout: I did three sections of the 10MS Quick Sculpt Pilates which comes with a small inflatable ball. I did Total Body Toner which I hated. Its mostly lay on your back and lift both legs or have them in tabletop; not my favorite exercises. Secondly, I did Strength and Flexibility this seems to be the back section. This segment had a series of exercises where you are laying on your back and you are balanced with the ball under your butt, I found these very effective. I ended with the Standing segment which doesn't use the ball but had a lot of leg circles; one of my favorites. I previewed Bun and Thigh and Core both of which looked good. As to the ball, I wasn't very impressed, however I don't think I had it inflated enough, I have a child's playball I will try next time. In some of the exercises the ball is placed between your ankles or calves so I thought I could use my Pilates circle.

My eating hasn't been great for the past few days. I'm trying to crack down on that but its almost TTOM and I'm PMSing, especially this morning, I had Hubby and April running for cover. I figured out that if I eat about half what Hubby takes I'm doing good. While I still write down what I eat in my food/exercise journal, I feel I need to get back in the habit of logging my eating on Fitday or something. I did so well while I was doing that but it seems like such a hassle; especially if I eat a casserole or a mix of foods. I end up logging the meat, cheese, pasta, veggies seperately because they don't have anything close to what I'm eating.

Hopefully, the glasses come in tomorrow. Please, please!!!!!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:32 AM   #17  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Cruise, That stinks about your biopsy. I am lucky that I need no precert with my plan.

TLC, great loss! Shows you can still live and lose weight too!

Patch, Your posts make me sweat!

Off to school with my packed lunch and snacks. I'm planning to be under 1400 again today. Day by day!

Have a great day everyone!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:03 AM   #18  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

OnMyWay- cold and rainy here today too! One day at a time is a great plan. That's what I do also - or I get overwhelmed thinking about how far I have to go.

Cruise - what a PITA - sorry they dropped the ball on you

Giv - Yeah, long boardwalk there! I was down there in September for a couple of days....it's a nice walk on the boardwalk. Congrats on the loss at WW!!!

Penguin- hope those glasses come in all ready! I'm bad about journaling - same thing...just finding something that matches sometimes. Hope the PMS subsides soon and you're feeling like yourself again

---

As for me, I go to the doc today for weigh in, B12 shot and body measurements, etc...Just trying to put one foot in front of the other. While I was ok'd to have caffeine (certain amount), I think I need to let it go - I think I do better when I don't have it at all. I'm a Diet Coke addict, but I've pretty much made a total switch to Crystal Light at this point....and think I can let go of the DC.

Last edited by lambchop; 10-27-2009 at 10:04 AM. Reason: fixing something
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:21 PM   #19  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Giv -WTG on the 2+ lbs. You are doing GREAT!!

Patch - You are killing those workouts. As for PMS I try to leave room in the calorie budget for a special treat in the evenings. Last night I had popcorn with 1T real butter and salt. I'm one of those that if I stay within my budget and most of my choices are "good" I'm OK with that.

So today it was so quiet here I ventured away from my comfort zone (40 somethings) and found that many here on 3FC are VERY STRICT. I was surprised by the "I NEVER will I eat THIS or THAT again" statements.

Yes, a total PITA. At this point I have decided to put it off until after my return. I need to call and make sure the referral doesn't expire after 30 days or something silly like that.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:20 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 215

Height: 5'2"

Red face I'm new

Hi,

I just re-found this site. I need to lose about 80 pounds and I started back with weight watchers. This is week 4 and I am down 9.7 pounds. I look forward to finding the support I need within this group!
Lu21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:48 PM   #21  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Hi, Lu - welcome! you'll find what you need at this site.

Cindy - incompetence is rampant. Sorry that it came to roost in your appointments, esp something of that nature. Love your new avatar, by the way - you look positively frisky!

lambchop - hope the weigh-in went well! I know you've been working hard and the payoff ought to be impressive!

OMW - I see that ticker under 180 ... you are BACK ON THE PATH, baby!!!

patch- I have plenty of days that I have to estimate. I like your strategy of half the spouse's intake - that's probably a really good rule of thumb. Will be wishing for your glasses!

Tired. Aggravated. Kid is sick-ish (sinus crud); spouse in MX. 20th anniv tomorrow. Don't go there, chicks - the marriage is terminally ill and has been that way for years. Just rollin' on that midlife crisis like a dog on a dead thing, y'know? I promise I'll emerge from the cocoon a better butterfly. What I'm NOT doing is eating for temporary relief. And that's all good.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:25 PM   #22  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Lambchop, for a harness, it depends which on you’re interested for where you measure. Take a look online and the websites will guide you (I measured per the place I purchased them from).

OMW, I don’t think any of us can do it more than one day at a time. To succeed this is a lifetime battle. My past failures was because when I lost the weight I let myself revert back to the old habits. Before I started this time, I made an oath to myself that it was for life or not to lose it. I made the oath and I’m to guilt ridden not to keep it.

Cruise, ok that insurance stuff stinks. I will never understand why the insurance companies dictate how a dr. treats someone. Funny on the strictness people put on themselves. I will always eat anything I ever want to eat. I just make room for it. The only thing I’m strict with is staying in my calorie range. OK, that’s not even true. I’m strict that I have to log everything I eat in my iphone. The calories stay in range just based on that.

GivTLC, great job on the 2.8 pounds. That is awesome, And I really envy a boardwalk ocean walk. That would be so nice right now!

Lu, welcome to thread. It is a great place for support and camaraderie.

ICU, hugs on the anniversary and terminal marriage. That stinks. Is that why the turtle is still the avatar? We need your face chickie!!!! Or at least change it to a butterfly. I hope your child feels better.

I had an interesting – I had to go to a conference on the other side of the mountain (btw, I loved the movie when I was a kid). It’s an 80 mile drive each way. Yesterday it was rainy and cold. Low of 28 – that means frozen roads and snow. The pass had about 3” of snow and I had to put my Jeep in 4WD. I hate driving in winter conditions. The way home it was snowing too but the roads weren’t icy, just slushy. On the good side, I was able to return the clothes to Kohl’s and not pay shipping. That’s always good. I got the 1.5 mile doggie walk in before I left and did the elliptical afterwards. And I’m up to 2 days in a row for minor weightlifting. I really hate weightlifting. I decided after the elliptical, since my muscles are warmed up, I would do the benchpress, legpress and calf lifting/press thingie. No more or I won’t stick with it. Only one 10 set rep. I’ll do it 5 days a week even though I know that’s not the “proper” way to do it. I figure a little more often is better than nothing. We’ll see how my resolve lasts as I really do not like it. Boring….
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:17 AM   #23  
Deb

Marie, I used to love doing weight lifting and hated cardio when i worked with a trainer - the elliptical was like my worst nightmare! LOL
Old 10-28-2009, 08:35 AM   #24  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Good Morning friends! Another wet day here in the Midwest. Rain expected this AM and then maybe some sun this afternoon followed by more rain tomorrow! DH informed me last night we have had rain 25 of the last 28 days! Somehow I didn't need to know that!

Ended my day yesterday at 1450 calories. Did 40 minutes on the bike while watching Biggest Loser then did some reps with an 8 lb. ball.

Thansk everyone for your continued support. I'm really working to get back on track and to finish what I started. I appreciate all of you and your comments!

Marie, your post about snow and slush makes me feel guilty for complaining about rain. I hate driving in bad weather!

ICU, Hope DS is feeling better. Sorry about your anniversary. Makes me more grateful for what I have.

Lu21, Welcome to our thread. Keep coming back, this is a great group!

Cruise, saw your before and after in another thread. You should post it here. You are looking great!

Lambchop, I gave up Diet Coke and switched to Crystal Light last year. I miss it sometimes and treat myself every now and then. If I drink one now in the evening I'm up half the night!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by Onmyway; 10-28-2009 at 08:35 AM.
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:52 AM   #25  
Deb

Cruise- about so many being strict. I need a plan to work in my lifestyle. If I have so many restrictions - well, that just overwhelms me. I will never have a "never" list, but I will have a "it's safer to avoid certain things list"

Lu - welcome and congrats on a good start

ICU- hope you have a nice day regardless - Not eating for relief...THAT'S something to celebrate!

Marie - thanks for the scoop (harness), Great job getting the walk in, and woohoo on returning the stuff to Kohls. Snow and Ice -- trying to block that stuff out-- so not ready for that kind of stuff yet.

OnMyWay - rainy day here too today - 25 of the last 28 days, yuck! we had a month like that this year and I was so bummed out...the weather can really affect my mood
----

Morning all - only lost 1/4 pound this week, but based on her stats, 2 liters of water. I'm totally okay with that - I know I'm making good choices...and my mind is in the right place, which is half the battle for me.

I'm ready to start week 2 of the c25k, and even made a delicious veggie stir fry last night-- which blew me away that I enjoyed it so much! I get excited when I try something new and love it...my tastes are toatlly changing!
Old 10-28-2009, 09:46 AM   #26  
Eat Less Move More

I have to run out so only time for a quickie

With snow & rain for many I guess I shouldn't complain about our wind and cooler temps.

Becky - You know that we are here for you.

OMW - Sounds like another good day.

Marie - Be sure not to over do it. Your muscles really should have a period of recovery.

LC - I too would rather do weights than cardio.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:33 PM   #27  
Eat Less Move More

Here is the B&A OMW talked about.

Here is an easy "How To"

I use the following:

http://www.lunapic.com/editor/

Add the "before" picture then click "click here to add more files" add "after" picture, upload both. Then change Anamate Images to Raw Collage Pictures. "Crop" entire combo and then right click and save to your hard drive.

I then use http://photobucket.com/ to host my picture and link it into my message.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:24 PM   #28  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Wow, CruiseCAT what a motivating B&A -- you have done a great job, congratulations!! I can't believe they messed up with your biopsy tomorrow...

ICUWishing I am sorry that you are going through a rough patch right now You are such a wonderful person and a great source of knowledge, support, and inspiration; I'm sorry to read that you are down... I agree with Marie. Enough of the turtle!! Hopefully you'll be able to take yourself down off that post soon...

OnMyWay One day at a time, that's all you can do.

Last night I watched Super Size Me. I know it's an old movie but I had never seen it before. Definitely the motivation I need right now... Ick! I can't believe what eating all that crap did for the narrator...
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:20 PM   #29  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I plan to nominate myself as the poster child for What Happens When Nobody Works on the Relationship. A very awkward, difficult dialogue needs to take place, and I guess it's going to fall in my lap to start it.

Cindy - your before/after (or should we say "during" instead of after?) is an AMAZING transformation. These pics are the sort that inspire future Chickies! You never did mention Mack's reaction to your dress, by the way ... Too risque to tell?

Heidi and Marie, yes, I promise to come down off the post soon. I have a hair appointment on Friday and I'll have DS10 take a fresh picture of me in something flattering (won't be my swimsuit!).

I really enjoyed SuperSize Me too! DS10 learned a lot from it, and doesn't hesitate to whip out a few facts for friends that insist that a cheeseburger and fries is a good meal.

OMW and Lambchop - we're not having rain on THAT scale, but it did come exactly at the wrong time and knocked all the beautiful leaves off the trees. Now we get to rake a bunch of wet mats ... yeee-uck! Not the best part of a Michigan fall, for sure.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:32 PM   #30  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

40 mins of 10MS Knockout Body {kickboxing}, I did the four cardio sections but not the abs, LOL, I think I've done enough abs for a while! I had to modify the workout for space and high impact but did fairly well.

Hubby is trying to go cold turkey on Coke. he's normall about a 3-20oz a day guy. He's done this once before and went about 6 months without a Coke. Go Hubby!

Cruise, Great B&A shots! I've decided to print out two befores and two 'afters' from last years weight loss, then hang them in the kitchen. Maybe they will motivate me. I've been having a little trouble with motivation recently, but I know I don't want to go back there.

OMW, for once its not raining here! Hubby and friend are out working on the porch! I'm glad I got replaced with 'friend'

ICU, still no word on the glasses! Its been almost a month! I read somewhere that as I woman I only need to eat 1/3 of what Hubby does. EEEgads, they are probably right, and Hubby probably eats more than he needs too, but I thought I'd start with 1/2 of his portions.

Lu, glad to have you join us!

Hubby just dragged me outside to look at the new posts on the front porch. He also told me he fixed a small uneveness {it was crooked!} in the porch roof. The porch is beginning to look nice.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 10-28-2009 at 04:33 PM.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote