Old 09-09-2009, 09:53 PM   #46  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Wow, what a great group!

Unfortunatly I can't * Personalize * tonight but will try to catch up someday!

Lots going on here. I have decided my goal is to lose 1 lb. a week. I hope I can manage that. I have a new "carrot". I am going home for the holidays and I need to feel better about me! So that is it, the heat is on.

Was very good today, a girl at work brought me a piece of rich cake to my desk, even though I told her I was dieting AGAIN, and no thanks. She said... SMELL IT... YUM... anyway, I walked off without it, but low and behold, there she was with a piece in hand. I took a tiny bite and tossed the rest!

My days of menus are planned the night before and lots of activity, walking and gym during the week to get me moving!

I have to close the kitchen at night. Water or sugar free popcycle only!

Well, I will do my best to catch up but for now, its drive by posting!
Welcome newbies!
dmc2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #47  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacque9999 View Post
Thanks everyone for your advice. I feel like I want to say something to her because she is a very old dear friend HOWEVER, I am afraid I could ruin the relationship in some way...and since we are in a very tight knit group (and really my only friends), I don't want to make waves....

I know what I have done to get healthy is for ME and no one else....
Perhaps, but is it fair that *she* gets to ruin the relationship in some way, and you just get to accept it?? I don't think you need to have a big blow up or heart 2 heart or anything... just the next time she says something offensive, show her you are offended. At least, that's what I would do...
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:10 PM   #48  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Just a quick check in post from me too. No scale movement here, very frustrating since I have been back to my old eating plan and exercising every day.

Glad to see all of the activity here! Old and new friends! Hard to believe there are over 20 of us. I appreciate each of you and look forward to checking in here each day!

Found an online calculator that said I could have over 2400 calories a day with moderate exercise and lose 10 pounds in 6 weeks! LOL there is NO WAY!

Have a great evening!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:12 PM   #49  
Ready to hit the beach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newleaf123 View Post
Perhaps, but is it fair that *she* gets to ruin the relationship in some way, and you just get to accept it?? I don't think you need to have a big blow up or heart 2 heart or anything... just the next time she says something offensive, show her you are offended. At least, that's what I would do...
Very good point Newleaf! Why is it we worry about offending someone who has clearly offended us? Doesn't seem right.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:48 PM   #50  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Hubby has an infected lymph node. The venom from the wasp ended up in the node and caused the infection. Hubby got antibiotics, and is feeling a little better.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:27 AM   #51  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Up late...

A bit restless tonight, but not night eating. having water and not really hungry. I have been walking and going to the gym, and have a renewed sense of my goal.

But I am not eating and its late!!! If I can just tame the munch monster at night, I will lose for sure!!
dmc2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:43 AM   #52  
Ready to hit the beach!

Way to go DMC! You CAN do it!

Patch, hope hubby is feeling better!

Good news! I'm down a pound today! FINALLY!

We got my MIL a digital frame for her upcoming birthday. Last night I was going through pictures to load on it and came across one that really shows how big I actually was. There are not many because i was good at avoiding the camera. Later today I will post it to share. Really gives me a visual of how far I have come!
Old 09-10-2009, 07:57 AM   #53  
Heidi

Patchwork wow about the wasp and lymph node!! I'm glad your DH went to the doctor!

DMC2009 good job not turning to calories when the night got restless!

OnMyWay looking forward to seeing your BEFORE picture!
Old 09-10-2009, 08:55 AM   #54  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Patch - Glad DH got that looked at and is on the mend.

DMC - Good job on keeping the kitchen closed last night. I have found that I don't need as much sleep as I use to and if I workout after 3PM I have difficulty falling asleep. It's amazing how much changes when you eat healthy and workout.

OMW - I too am looking forward to your "before" picture. The frame you got, are you happy with it? I've been looking at them for years but have yet to get one.

Heidi - I so wish I had that ability to come back without attacking but making it clear THEIR behaviour was unacceptable. I'm going to try real hard to keep your suggestions in mind.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:23 AM   #55  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

presmaggie: good luck with the interview! My last job was at a university and it's a great environment -- including a nice campus to walk in during lunch!

Velveteen:
nice to meet you!

patchworkpenguin and ICUwishing: hope your guys recover soon from the stings. I better pay attention at the compost pile. I think the racoons are getting all the good stuff, though, so maybe that will keep it from appealing to the yellow jackets.

Marie: yikes! library cookbooks from the 50s probably ought to be removed as a public health hazard. Creamed spinach and liver as health foods.

dmc2009: You're doing great! Nightly food planning for the next day is working for me, too. Also a limited list of what I eat after supper. Good job dealing with the food-pusher!

Onmyway: yay for the pound gone! Being kind of new to this, I'm quite amazed at how the scale responds and then doesn't. I seem to lose in fits and starts.

CruiseCAT: for a digital frame, we went with an old laptop powering a large monitor. We couldn't find a "frame" as large as DH wanted, so we set up our own for less money.

Upset tummy last night -- I never have that problem! So not sure what's up with that. I'm eating gently today.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:13 PM   #56  
Learner

S/C/G: 201/183/155

Height: 5' 5"

Just a quick break from studying..

Thanks for the well wishes on my job interview. It would be so nice to work in a great environment. I'm in a male dominated field and I've often had to almost put on a different "persona" when I've been at work. It would probably be a lot less stressful for me to be able to be myself.

I feel like I'm back in the groove for losing again. Now I understand why someone I knew who lost a lot of weight struggled for awhile after the first 20 pounds gone. Even though there's proof in my weight loss that it's possible, I still had to reconnect with that feeling. I'm not sure if that makes sense?
presmaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:05 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

Hello ladies hope everyone is doing well... Things are great with me today I think I am finally on plan... I have manage to make it through the entire day feel great about my plan and I managed to get my treadmill workout in... Thought I was going to faint but I did it LOL... Hope things get better with that as I am sure they will as long as I keep going . I'll check in with you ladies later on.. Have a great evening.
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:19 PM   #58  
Ready to hit the beach!

The before picture was taken a couple years ago. I would guess I was at 240 or so. The other picture was taken on vacation this summer. I certainly don't feel like the same person!

Last edited by Onmyway; 09-10-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:49 PM   #59  
Heidi

OnMyWay -- WOW! What a difference 60 lbs makes!!! You look like a totally new person... fit and shapely. Your daughter is a cutie, just like her mama!
Old 09-10-2009, 06:14 PM   #60  
Heidi

GardenerJoy I hope your tummy is feeling better!

PresMaggie Good luck with the job!! I hope all goes well... I was in a male-dominated industry too, so I know what you mean...

Mystical Welcome to the group!! I'm glad you have found us, and that you have found your groove... Good job on sticking with your workout!! (although if you *really* felt like you were going to faint, you should get off, sit down, and put your head between your knees)

Me, things are going well. I feel in my own groove, too. I've made exercise a priority, and have worked out on Tues, Wed, and Thur. We had house guests over Labor Day, which was a lot of fun, but also contributed to my weight being up a little come Tuesday. So, my start weight for the challenge is a little inflated, but it's what the scale said so I'm sticking with it! I'm always good about getting back down to 164. The day I hit 162 will be the day that *real* movement has occurred. Real in my mind, anyway...