Old 04-06-2009, 12:45 AM   #1  
angelmom313

Question Shrink wrap off inches?

I am not sure what it is called but I have seen some ads for wraps that will basically temporarily squeeze in your fat and take off a few inches. In my other post I mentioned going to my daughters graduation next month and needing to lose.

In addition to trying to lose as much weight (healthily) by then, I was wondering if anyone has done or heard of anyone who has done this procedure...plus, I don't exactly have extra money to throw around, so I would want to make sure it is effective. I know a temporary fix, but just for some pics....?

Suggestions, advice?
Thanks.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:57 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hmmm. Shrink wrap? Sounds a bit skeptical to me.

If you're looking to quickly reduce inches, how about trying some slimming undergarments? Like Spanx? They can do wonders.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:49 AM   #3  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Ooh! I love my sucker-upper! It makes everything fit and look better.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:16 AM   #4  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Sounds skeptical to me also. If it were this easy, none of us would be working so hard to lose. I'd save your money for a new, very slimming outfit!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:19 AM   #5  

Those "weight loss wraps" make you sweat, which causes your body to shed water weight. As soon as you rehydrate again, you'll be the same weight/size you were when you started.

These are bogus, a scam, a waste of money. Please don't be suckered in. It's sad that so many otherwise reputable spas offer gimmicks like this.

I agree that looking for some shaper garments are a better alternative. I wear them frequently. Spanx are too lightweight to help me, I use something a little more heavy-duty, but they do work wonders.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:27 PM   #6  
angelmom313

I don't think those who responded know what I am referring to. I don't quite know myself. It is not a shrink wrap that makes you sweat. I saw it on a local news program. I will have to try and research to see what exactly it is.

I think I will just invest in a good body girdle???

I am very aware that this is only a quick fix. I am sure that most of us who have struggled with weight would pay a little extra to look a few inches slimmer in an outfit for a graduation or other special occassion.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:34 PM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

http://www.spanx.com/home/index.jsp

These are great! I wear them every now and then for special occasions.

They are a bit pricey, especially if you're looking to lose weight and not have it all that long.

Macy's sells something similar at a bit less money.

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/index....17256726200937

Congratulations on your daughter's upcoming graduation.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:59 PM   #8  
angelmom313

Thanx, I will look into spanx!

Hey that rhymes!
Old 04-07-2009, 01:03 PM   #9  
angelmom313

Ok, gonna get a spanx but will wait a few weeks because (hopefully) my size will go down. They are very pricey though, but worth it I think. Thanks again rockinrobin.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:57 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 236/232/150

Height: 5' 6"

I have some similar to Spanx that are made by Maidenform. They're called "Control It!". They are much less expensive, and are great slimmers. I wear the camisole one a lot, to smooth out my back, it's also extra long and fits over my hips and tummy.
Desi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:06 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 228/184.7/145

Height: 5'6"

Target also sells a brand called "Assets" that is by the same person that created Spanx. I find there to be very little difference between the two other than price!
steph324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:07 AM   #12  

Height: 5'7"

I have spanx but my favorite is a body shaper from walmart and it was only 12.96.The fabric is alot thicker than spanz. It hold me in just as good as the spanx and it actually does better with my apron area. It stays put and doesnt crawl down like others i have tried.Just be sure and try one on and bend and touch your toes and stuff with it on.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:11 AM   #13  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I have wanted Spanx forever! I did buy the Assets brand from Target but just don't find them that supportive--it doesn't make me look that much better--I have never tried on Spanx but the website makes them look really nice--even kinda sexy.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:15 PM   #14  

Hi everyone I am supposed to be in bed right now but am still up.

Angelmom? If I am not mistaken, I beleive that what you are thinking of may be the seaweed wrap. It is not just any seaweed wrap, but this particular type of seaweed draws out the fluid. It was quite some time ago I read about it so I cannot remember the exact seaweed used in the procedure.

Hi rockinrobin Those spanx sound mighty fine to me! They are all the rage and I still have yet to order some! I almost got them online for Christmas but opted to wait. I think I will have to pay Macy's a visit lol.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:48 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 153/133/132

Height: 5.5

My friend did this shrink wrap think for her wedding. She was happy with the results.

You just would really need to decide if you thought it was worth the time and expense to look a few pounds lighter for the pictures. Only you can decide that!

Personally, I would go for the slimming undergarments and maybe invest your money in a really good-looking dress that you could consign when you grow too small for it. (or would that be shrink too small for it?)
greenfishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote