Old 04-29-2010, 09:47 AM   #16  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Did it personally - I had a special event and a very expensive dress that I was totally determined to wear, and because I was in my "stupid" phase of trying everything to lose weight except good food and exercise, I spent the money. There was no plastic involved - it was more like a seaweed-type paste spread all over and then I was wrapped in the equivalent of Ace bandages. And then I basically walked on a treadmill (not with any particular level of effort) for an hour.

And yes, I lost enough inches to fit into the dress that evening - something like 3 1/2 off my hips, and 3 off my waist. It was definitely all water, because I maintained that loss less than 24 hours. I doubt it's harmful, so if you've got the money to burn and are as stubborn as I was - go for it.

However ... with support from the Chickies last year and an acknowledgment that only a lifestyle change was going to work ... I lost enough inches to fit into that same dress any time I want (and it didn't cost a dime!).
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:59 PM   #17  

what do u mean by shrink wrap, clear plastic wrap from the kitichen? please give more detail on product
robert wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:08 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 175/169/145

I would think that the only thing that you will lose permanently is money.
lyv33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:10 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

LOL I always wondered if that even worked.
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:56 PM   #20  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

Funny . . . I had the wrap right before my wedding (many moons ago.) It was part of a spa package gift from my shower. Anyhoo, it took quite a while to wrap me up & after I weighed in six pounds lighter. My waist measured 1 1/2 inches smaller. I don't know if she measured it at a different spot or if it really had "shrinkage."

The separate wrap area of the spa had these little signs up that looked like fake diplomas. Said things like "Certified Snake Oil Salesman." I thought either that was a joke or they just didn't want to really be responsible if there weren't any real effects from the wrap!
MissKoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:17 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 192/186/168

Height: 5'10"

I went to Costco today and saw they're selling shapewears for $15.
It''s called Flexees. I'm wearing one now and it's very comfortable and it does make my body look a little more "put together".
I usually don't wear shapewears but maybe I'll start..
OC chick is offline   Reply With Quote