Old 04-16-2009, 07:24 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey Cat- looks like you've covered a lot of miles in the last few days! Way to go.

Lillian- welcome & good job on the walking. I run every other day & walk the dog on my off days. Anyway to get these bodies moving is good.

I am going to stay at week 9 of the c25k until I can get my pace consistent. I had a slow run yesterday, but I think it was due to the hills (any excuse will do actually).

Last edited by CanadaMel; 04-16-2009 at 07:25 PM.
CanadaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:56 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 155/135

Height: 5'5"

Hope you guys don't mind me jumping in on your thread.

I did good! Yesterday I went for a walk/jog for about an hour. I knew I covered some distance and was telling my husband and trying to figure out how far I went. So we drove it - 4 miles! I am so pleased with myself! I am not a jogger at all - but aspire to be a runner.
Just Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:24 PM   #18  

Welcome Deb and Great job on the running!

4 miles is impressive. I know I struggle with my 3.1 miles. Several of us have used couch to 5k program to learn how to run, but sounds like you're farther ahead in your training. Looking forward to getting to know you.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:02 PM   #19  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Now that I have my power cord I'm back to doing my 5K on M-W-F and doing inclines or intervals on my other three workout days. It's amazing how quickly the miles add up when you exercise.

It feels good to be on the treadmill again and the scales have once again started moving.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:57 PM   #20  

Thanks Mel! I have an eliptical and do well on it, but I can't seem to make the transfer to pavement. Savora - climb on one and give it a try. I swear I couldn't make it 5 minutes when I started!
Old 04-19-2009, 11:09 PM   #21  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Ack - I haven't been exercising! The last time I exercised was last Tuesday!

So now I am 49% to my goal but the month is 63% complete. Tomorrow, I *will* exercise so long as my 7-year-old proves healthy enough for me to leave him alone for awhile. Poor boy - he has only had water today and threw up 3 times. I hope tomorrow is a better day for him... And so long as it is, I *will* exercise.

So the lack of exercise, combined with my temporary (!) weight gain from 2 days off plan eating made me go take my measurements -- trying to find some way to prove I'm still on track. In the last 3 weeks I've lost 1cm in my arms, 5cm in my hips, 2.5cm in my belly, and 1 cm in my thigh (but my chest and waist have stayed the same). Phew!!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:50 AM   #22  

Ok - I am back to 'fess up. I was so sore this weekend that I walked around like a old lady! LOL! So now I am really debating how I should exercise today - I am volunteering at bingo tonight which is about 3 hours of running around (but not enough that I consider it a workout) and I don't want to be limping around.

New Leaf - Hope you son feels better soon. You don't sound like you are really off track - sometimes life just gets in the way.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:21 PM   #23  

Deb are you moving better today? How about some walking with stretching? Sometimes I do lunges while I'm walking the dog. just a thought.

I had a good run today, slower pace but ran for 35 minutes. I am saying I've completed the C25K- even though I can't run a 5K in 30 min. I'm going to keep at the 30 min runs and then after my race on mothers day I may do training to go up to one hour runs! (if my body can do it!)
Old 04-21-2009, 12:48 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 253/237/170

Height: 5'11

Default Moving myself....

Hi all! Newbie, here. I just did 2 miles on the treadmill in 33 minutes. Jogged a tiny bit (2 minutes three times) but mostly walked. But, hey..it is a start! The treadmill says I burned 210 calories....wow......aren't 5 hershey kissed 200 calories? Man......I need to move for 33 minutes just to burn off 5 hershey kisses!?! Good reminder why NOT to put that sort of thing in my mouth, huh? LOL Have a great day, all! I am going to do some very light handweights for a few minutes...attempt a couple sit-ups...then go to work.
gretavanbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:38 AM   #25  

Welcome greatvanbb!
It is amazing when you start correlating how much exercise it takes to burn off a treat!
Good for you for exercising before work. I'm not that inspired, so I usually do mine in the evenings- unless I have a day off like today so I ran after walking the kids up to school. But my motivation was that the sun was out now as we're expecting rain/snow this afternoon.
Have a great day all!
Old 04-24-2009, 09:11 AM   #26  

Good Morning everyone! No - I haven't bailed out already. Its just been a bit of a crazy week leading into a busy weekend. I haven't had a chance to do much more than a few minutes on the elliptical. My hope is to be able to get up Sunday morning and walk/jog a couple of miles. I am looking forward to it since all day Saturday will be spent sitting in bleachers (my son is in a martial arts tournament).

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 04-27-2009, 10:47 PM   #27  

Hi ladies- the end of the month is nearing rapidly. Are we close to reaching our exercise goals?
Deb- did you get more time on the elliptical? How was the tournament? Did your bum survive? I hate sitting on bleachers- so uncomfortble.

I'm moaning about the weather- but hopefully we'll have 'decent' temps (in the 50s) by the weekend.

Lets keep moving & motivated.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:17 PM   #28  
Heidi

I am not going to meet my goal this month I just couldn't get my mind around exercising enough -- between the heat, schedules, etc. I'm working on doing better, though, with better planning... I got my exercise in today, and plan on being successful again tomorrow.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:00 AM   #29  

Good attitude newleaf.
Well I only got 48 min in tonight. And if I'm diligent & do 59 min tomorrow night I'll reach goal. But we have a school play & soccer practice tomorrow, so it's not looking likely. So close. But I'll keep my goal the same for the month of May.
Funny-I thought as the weather warmed up it'd be easier to workout, but I'm finding it more challenging-hmm not sure why.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:16 AM   #30  
Heidi

Well, CanadaMel, you're a hero in my book. You've done twice as much exercise as me!! I can't even imagine being able to get in that many minutes!!

The nicer weather has made it harder for me, too. It seems that a lot more things are competing for my time, and also, on the 90+ degree days, I just didn't feel like doing anything!