Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-17-2011, 06:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 169/169/135

Height: 5ft 4"

Default Finally Size 6 baby...not since age 12! No more scale stress, losing inches rock!

OMG..I have never been a small girl, I was the one that people thought was always eating off my skinny petite little sister's food (other way around). Now, my size 8's are big (big gap and crotch hangs way low) but I had no idea that I was now a size 6, I assumed that size 6's would have been too small..well I guess not. This is a good boost a bad emotional time. So needed this to keep on track....I know sizes lie but hey from a size 12 to a size 6 in 16 months and the last few months at maintenance eating levels, I am stoked!

Now for the tricky part, maintaining this new size. I have been so caught up on the weight loss that i failed to realize that I was still losing inches and egad! I can now feel my rib (not in a starvation kind of way), it is good to know that my ribs and hip bone are still there. I am much better now, the weight loss no longer matters, so I do not not lose the last 3.5 lbs to get to my goal, no more complaints here as I am already within my health weight range.
kimmieval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Congrats!
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:07 PM   #3  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Congrats! I was never a size 6 (was a size 8 at my lowest). I'm curious to see what I get down to.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 117/88/77 (Kgs)

Height: 5'8''

Certainly beats throwing in the towel cos you haven't reached your 'goal' weight. That's a major milestone yeah? Congrats, keep it up Totally excited 4u!
fight2winthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

awesome. I also am not going to be a healthy size 6, so I am aspiring to an 8. Don't let the scale fool you, you are toning up. That is so awesome!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:36 PM   #6  

Thanks everyone

Isn't sizing funny, my friend is two pounds lighter at the same height and wears a size 8...I could never imagine going below a size 8 either ( if all the clothes are in vanity sizing does that mean I am really a size 8??) I could not understand how Jennifer Hudson could be a size 4 but i guess with clothing sizes changing, it is possible to get into a "number".

Why is it that we find things to fixate on when we lose weight? Some obsess on weight number, some on inches and some on clothing sizes. Is it that we cannot trust our eyes to tell us what is before us? Frankly and honestly, some days I wonder if my thighs aren't fat, they still are (my weight is lower), but having lost how many inches off them, one would think that I would appreciate the fact that they are smaller.

Ah..the fun of our weight los journey! I hope to see you all at your goal as well!
Old 08-17-2011, 08:39 PM   #7  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Awesome! You're at my goal size!

The same thing pretty much happened to me. I noticed my 12s were super big and my 10s were getting roomy. I tried on an 8 my mom gave me and they fit and then I went to old navy, picked up and 8 and thought they looked SMALL. But they fit! I was so happy!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:40 PM   #8  

Default I am familiar with even sizes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown View Post
Congrats! I'm a size 9 at 130.

Just curious, size 9? I am familiar with even sizes...what clothing brands would I find size 9 in? Is size 9 like a size 8? (island girl is sometimes out of the loop)
Old 08-17-2011, 08:43 PM   #9  

Default Bet it was a good feeling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
Awesome! You're at my goal size!

The same thing pretty much happened to me. I noticed my 12s were super big and my 10s were getting roomy. I tried on an 8 my mom gave me and they fit and then I went to old navy, picked up and 8 and thought they looked SMALL. But they fit! I was so happy!
Yeah you! Didn't it feel awesome to see your hard working paying off? When my mom carried home the shorts today, I thought are you mad, but a dress and a jeans later, I am realizing that my eyes need to be readjusted for a smaller size. I obviously can't eyeball my clothes right now...in time i am sure
Old 08-17-2011, 08:47 PM   #10  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmieval View Post
Just curious, size 9? I am familiar with even sizes...what clothing brands would I find size 9 in? Is size 9 like a size 8? (island girl is sometimes out of the loop)
Odd size numbers are juniors. Misses are 2,4,6,8 Juniors are 3,5,7,9. And typically juniors are sized smaller than Misses. So a junior 9 is smaller than a misses 8. (I will double check that, but I think I'm right).

ETA: yep, Juniors are cut smaller in the bust and hips as they are designed for teenagers who haven't filled out completely yet.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 08-17-2011 at 08:50 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:41 PM   #11  

[QUOTE=berryblondeboys;3994761]Odd size numbers are juniors. Misses are 2,4,6,8 Juniors are 3,5,7,9. And typically juniors are sized smaller than Misses. So a junior 9 is smaller than a misses 8. (I will double check that, but I think I'm right).

Shoot, I just went to check, and one of my Levis is a size 7 juniors (my sis bought it for me)-I had never checked the size before, it fit at the time and I just thought it was a size 8. Thanks for the info, now I know, I will be checking out the juniors section more- wonder if the prices are cheaper?

BTW....are you saying I have not filled out yet (guffaw..dwl), methinks I have too much as it is!
Old 08-18-2011, 06:39 AM   #12  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Yeah you! Didn't it feel awesome to see your hard working paying off? When my mom carried home the shorts today, I thought are you mad, but a dress and a jeans later, I am realizing that my eyes need to be readjusted for a smaller size. I obviously can't eyeball my clothes right now...in time i am sure
It did feel awesome! I bet it felt awesome for you to fit into 6s!

I can't eyeball my clothes anymore either. I used to be real good at figuring out if something would fit me back when I was heavier; I suppose it's a skill I'll have to build up again.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:43 PM   #13  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Congrats!!!!! That is so huge! I am so happy for you!!!!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:22 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 213/188/159

I'll say that as I'm fairly close to my goal weight, too, it's even harder for me to continue dieting, since it's really easy for me to justify stopping - I'm practically there now (so I say to myself). Not that you should, but I find myself having to bear down to continue. It's tougher now than when I had a lot to lose.
tricon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:01 PM   #15  
poundsbegone

S/C/G: 199/162/150

Height: Just because you put a pretty shirt over your muffin top, that dose not make it a cupcake!

Quote:
I believe even numbers are "women sizes" odd number are "Juniors sizes" not sure why.
MsThickMiddle is offline   Reply With Quote