Old 07-20-2011, 09:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/145

Height: 5'9 1/2

Default New...kinda...30's....kinda

Hi ladies! I've been a member before, some time ago. I'm back , with even more weight to lose. Damn you fruity pebbles! Anyhow, here I am looking for support and understand , maybe even some motivation. I turn 29 tomorrow yay....but I hope you don't mind me crashing your fabulous 30's party, I feel more at home here. That's it for now, but I hope to share more about myself and you!

Last edited by beatnikmama721; 07-20-2011 at 09:24 PM.
beatnikmama721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:58 PM   #2  
Hoping for 160 by NYE!

S/C/G: 323/ticker/150

Height: 5'7

Welcome! Hope your birthday is the best one yet.

What's your game plan for getting healthier?
sevencallmemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:36 PM   #3  

Game plan? That's two scary words lol well ill start off by saying that I've been overweight most of life except for an all too brief period in my early twenties where I seemed to have gotten thin without even trying and then maintaining it for 3 years without much effort. That was obvious a MIRACLE, and besides the birth of my two kids...that will be the only miracles ill expeirence ;-) so I tried a nurmber of things in my life...I call my self a sparkler-really bright ans sparkly at the top and slowly fizzling and fading shortly after.I can't seem to keep going with anything too restrictive or drastic, so my plan is small changes that amount to changing my life and health little by little....drink tons of water, I never eat breakfast so I'm going to start, incorperate an hour of any type of excercize a day and PORTION CONTROL. The emphasis being on the latter.I'm an over eater and occasional binger so I'm really focusing on portion control and making better choices. I've also decided not to check the scale for the first 6 weeks...I find that no matter how much I lose, its never enough those first couple weeks and I wanna feel good about myself because of how I'm taking care of myself and not what thge scale tells me. Obviously, its a journey with a **** of a learning curve so I'm open and ready to tweek my "plan" whenever I feel the need. That was really long winded, sorry lol but thanks for asking. Its so nice to talk about this to someone who doesn't think I can't do it. What are you doing for a game plan???
Old 07-21-2011, 11:47 AM   #4  
Hoping for 160 by NYE!

I've always been a sparkler too until now. I don't know why it's different this time, but it is. I started doing this hardcore the week of my birthday (end of April) and I keep on keepin on even when the scale hates me. LOL

I do low carb and work out like a crazy person. Low carb works for me because carbs make me crash big time, even when I do them right.

You CAN do this. It won't be easy, but hang in there. YOU ARE WORTH THE EFFORT.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:48 AM   #5  
Hoping for 160 by NYE!

Oh, and Happy Birthday!
Old 07-21-2011, 01:11 PM   #6  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey mama!

I am new here, and it's my first time reaching out for support ever in a journey like this. It sounds like you have a great game plan though! Small changes that become habit when practiced, just become a new lifestyle Since you have done this before, you do have experience on your side! No idea who your nay-sayers are, but they don't know your heart and desire like you do... you are worth every bit of effort
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:03 PM   #7  

Thank you ladies so very much!!! Your kind words and support mean a lot to me, I need it most right now. But to answer your question, I'm probably the biggest naysayer in my life. I'm trying to stop all the negative self-talk.....I'm trying to tell myself I desrve this, I'm worth the effort....and so are you ladies! Thanks for the birthday wishes.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:41 PM   #8  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

We are always our own worst critics, but I sure hope you can keep that positivity over you! You DO deserve it, you are wonderful and deserve to be healthy and happy!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote