Old 09-15-2010, 10:43 PM   #1  
Shawna

S/C/G: 157.5/143/125

Height: 5' 3"

Default Metabalance?

Im wondering if I need to switch to metabalance....I think if you work out for more than 200 minutes a week thats the menu you should be doing? I work out for about 7-10 hours a week and am seeing a major plateau. Im done at the center so I cant ask a counselor, but Im wondering if anyone on here has some insight?
I'm planning on starting to train for a 5K and am worried that my body will go into starvation mode and I wont lose with the limited caloric intake on the green menu, as opposed to the metabalance.
Thanks!
sgustin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Yes, Yes, Yes. When I switched to Meta Balance, I lost 4lbs the first week. I do 3hrs of karate, 3 hrs with a personal trainer, and usually throw in a zumba class or hike. I was burning everything I was eating. Not only has my energy level gone up and I've lost weight, but my muscles are really starting to pop and define now that I've switched. Let me know if you need detailed info.
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:50 AM   #3  
Shawna

Thanks! That's good to hear. I think I know what its all about:
B: protien, starch, dairy
Snack: HNS with fruit
L: Protien, veg, fruit
Snack: HNS with starch or MRB
D:Protien, veg, starch
Snack:HNS with dairy or MRB

I plan on only doing the MRBs on my hard running days, either as the afternoon or evening snack for energy. Are all the choices the same as the green menu? And the portions are 3oz/6oz for veg and 3oz for protien, right?

I would appreciate any other tips/tricks or a copy of the menu if you have it
Old 09-24-2010, 06:13 AM   #4  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

this sounds so interesting, but i have no idea what your talking bout aswell. Im also a girl who works out about 6-7 hours a week and i was wondring what the effects are of this on my calorie controlled diet?
Thanks x
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 253/243/155

What are the dairy selections on this menu? I do not eat dairy so I was wondering if there is a soy or almond milk option. I am not currently going to my center so I can't ask them. I only have the beige and green menus but this sounds like it would really fit my needs a little better...worth a try anyway. Thanks!
happy2beme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:03 AM   #6  

1c soy milk is the only other option. I imagine if you looked at other dairy substitutes and found similar nutritional values, you could use them.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 253/243/155

Thanks. I am good with the soy milk. I think I will give it a try. Have a great weekend.
happy2beme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:18 AM   #8  
Time to move!

S/C/G: 197/see ticker /140

Height: 5' 2 3/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgustin8 View Post
B: protien, starch, dairy
Snack: HNS with fruit
L: Protien, veg, fruit
Snack: HNS with starch or MRB
D:Protien, veg, starch
Snack:HNS with dairy or MRB
I don't have this menu either. What is MRB?
ladystarrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:48 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladystarrider View Post
I don't have this menu either. What is MRB?
This menu is just for people who exercise more than 200 min a week of hard cardio and have plateaued. I plateaued for a month while exercising 700 min/week and staying perfectly on plan, so they switched me to this menu. A MRB is a meal replacement bar.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:46 PM   #10  
Shawna

I'm feeling fairly certain that I can't eat my nighttime snack! I was SO full tonight after an HNS and yogurt. Is it ok to skip this? r maybe just have a clear HNS?
Old 09-30-2010, 07:59 AM   #11  

I asked and got the standard "It's a chemically balanced program..". I try to eat dinner a bit earlier and eat my evening snack no later than around 9pm. I think, because we're eating less protein, that they want you to have that protein before bed to avoid starvation mode. How about a cup of skim milk in a creamy hot chocolate HNS? I do that sometimes when I'm full.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:10 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 163/163/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Second Time Around

Hi, this is my second time to do MRC. I think the first one I was on was meta slim. I'm 43 and lost 45 pds and at 5'7" maintained a healthy 149 pds UNTIL this past jan-mar where I put on 12 pds. I did not change any of my eating but in 2010 I had a full hysterectomy and the creeping weight has finally hit all at one time. I work out 4 days a week with les mills classes and kickboxing with the occasional 5k here and there and cannot lose 1 single pd. I think I am stuck and wanted to give this another shot.

I have been reading the new "body in balance" and was wondering if it would be possible to get a copy of the menus sent to me. I have recently been laid off and just cannot afford to go back to the center. I know the last time in 2009 when I joined it cost me over 3k to lose the weight. Please let me know and I can give you my email address. Thanks!
rumor013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:37 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 5"

Body in Balance is actually hormone testing and the supplements that go with it. There isn't a menu attached. Basically, you would do Meta-Slim + take the hormone supplements. Several ladies have asked their doctors about this program and the doctors are dead set against it. The hormone testing alone is $200 and then you would purchase supplements for about another $100 (give or take).

I'm sorry you're having so much difficulty with losing weight. I know there is another thread on the main page regarding doing the program without re-joining. Hopefully that can help you some. Good luck!
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:37 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 163/163/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Hormone supplements??

Thanks Jen. So it is just the Meta Slim menu? Do you know if they start you from the first or just go with the green one? I am half tempted to go through the detox and do just the 3rd (green) menu. I am very very cautious about taking supplements in general esp ones for hormones. I am on pharm grade bio-identical patch and would have to question someone who is not a doctor telling me what I should have.

My concern is the excercising I am doing that I could put my body into a plateau because I don't have enough fuel to keep it going.

I guess I will call my center and find out more about this. Thanks for your response.
rumor013 is offline   Reply With Quote