Old 07-07-2011, 11:55 AM   #1  

Default Wondeing whether to renew...

First of all, I admit to being a lurker. I've read a lot of posts, but never taken the time to post many until now...

Okay, so I'm really wondering whether I should renew. My 17 weeks are up at the end of this month. Right now they're running a special where it would be $199 for 17 weeks. That's a lot of money right now. We could make it work, but I'm really tired of making our budget "work," know what I mean? Anyway--I don't know if I've changed or the tone of the center has changed, but the perky blonde Barbies are really getting to me. I like my life--I'm a mom, Scout leader, church volunteer and I work full time. Some 20-something who has time in their day to work out at the gym over an hour a day is not exactly inspiring to me. I want to hear from someone like me who's making the program work!

I've lost 33 pounds since the end of March--I'm motivated! But couldn't I just get HNS and bars from DietDirect and use you guys as motivation/accountability? What do you think?

Kathy
smgkag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:11 PM   #2  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

That could go either way. I, too, have been irritated before by the perky Barbie types. My center has some great counselors, but there are also a couple who have never been overweight, and even though they tried the diet for a few weeks (as required when you're hired), they have no clue what most people at MRC are dealing with.

If that's your biggest problem, can you request a certain counselor? I've never done that myself, but I know other centers let you write down a certain person.

Yes, you could get the drinks and do it yourself. I think you'd just really have to examine whether you would follow through or not. I do better with the accountability and knowing someoen will not only see my weight but see if I cheat in my food diary. You may not need that, though.

The worst that could happen, though, is that you could try to do it on your own, and if it doesn't work, you can re-enroll later. Just don't let things get too far if you don't do well on your own. Mark a date on your calendar to honestly re-evaluate the situation-- maybe give yourself a month to prove you can do it on your own.
tkdtara84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/163/160

If you have followed the program including doing food sheets, buying the HNS, going to the classes, then they have to keep you over until you reach your goal weight -- at least that is the way it was with me. I personally need the accountability that goes with going to the center to weigh. Good luck!
mama4901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:50 PM   #4  
Started Precon 6-20-11

S/C/G: 196/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

tkdtara84's advice is spot on. For me, I think knowing that I have to go in and get weighed helps. The motivation here is excellent, but having to face someone and weigh in is on my mind also.
victorialynn2 is offline   Reply With Quote