Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 08:30 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS ~ June

ALL ARE WELCOME

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:34 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi Ladies ~

I am waiting for my GRANDdaughter to come over in a couple of hours so Angie and I can babysit while my son and dil go to my niece's 30th birthday party.....sorry I have to miss it But somebody has to watch this baby and it might as well be her Grandpa since he is her favorite

It sure is good to see you here again LORI I have thought about you from time to time and those kids. Congratulations on your new addition to the family too!!!

Well, I will check in and add a bit later, just wanted to get a thread for June up and running...

Be good
Old 06-12-2011, 10:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the kind words Gary! I'm glad to be here again. With all the craziness of this household it's nice to visit here and see how everyone is doing and dealing with different issues.

Have a great week everyone!
Old 06-13-2011, 09:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone. It is hot in Texas, still looking for rain. It is suppose to get up to 104 in the shade this week . Not looking forward to that at all. David thinks a bunch of Coyote's killed one of our baby calves the night before. Just a beautiful baby checked this morning the other one is still living. The one they killed was only 3 weeks old but full of energy! The cow did not have one the year before and we should of sold her but she is one of our best cows and then she has it and it gets killed. Though I was outside last night sitting on the back steps about 12 midnight and swear I heard a Big Cat outside the house and my border collie just let loose in barking. Don't rightly know what it was. Though the other dogs did not bark at all. I lost one dog Chester to old age and my old border collie I had dog the grave for a year ago or more is still kicking, can't hear but enjoys life except for the heat she can not hardly take it. I put a swimming pool out there for her ,she gets in it but I have to help her out of it. Not looking forward to these hot dry days at all but with faith in Jesus we will make it through. We have not made but 1 small cutting of hay and we normally make 5 cuts. We have to buy hay to sale hay but it is getting hard to buy. Some of the hay we buy comes from California and Oklahoma here we are in central Texas with coastal fields dyeing , watering cows on the well now and garden is burning up for we need to keep the water for the cows. God's land, his animals and his children just need and thirst for his loving touch here in Texas, may he have mercy upon all .
Old 06-13-2011, 07:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

God Bless you Bootsie!

I know God's Plan is perfect and we can't see it or understand it, but it sure is hard to understand baby animals getting killed. I know that's the way of the land, but it's still sad nonetheless. I just LOVE His animals in fact I pray for them as I pray for humans. We live in southwestern IL and the deer are so plentiful so I understand the hunting of them, but it just makes me sad. I suppose to die that way is better than to get hit on the road and die a slow death and endanger humans. This looks like it's going to be an awfully hot summer. It's been close to 100 degrees here several days and that's unheard of for June. I have no idea what it will be in July and August.

I'll be praying for all of you directly hit by the hot weather.
Lori
Old 06-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #6  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

GARY ~ Thanks for starting the new June thread -- it's almost half over already! I tried to come in a few times, and my PC was jamming on me this past week. Thankfully, my newer PC should be arriving around early July; just had a call from NUMPSTER (my sister) about it. Yes, I am much happier about packing this time; and have a lot more time as well. Have fun playing with you grand-daughter ...

LORI ~ yes, it's nice to see some of our old friends come back to see us here again. We're having hot temps way up here too; and we live up near the Hudson Bay (just below the James Bay which is off the Hudson). We're getting temps in the 90's here; which is very unusual for our area in May & June. We are so very blessed to have fans & air conditioners though ...

BOOTSIE ~ so sorry to here about your recent loss of a baby calf; simply becuz they are small and weak, the coyotes (and other preditors) go after them. We have to remember that the coyotes (which look a lot like our small red foxes here) are all hungry & have babies that they want to feed too. There is just not enuff food to go around. The farmers here try to keep their pregnant cows near the barn/house when they are close to birthing; and then they keep the babies in special stalls and/or fenced-in pens near or in the barns until they are older. I know the old ranch ways are to leave them in the wild, but you will loose some that way.

We have foxes, wolves, and bears here (and some smaller cats called Linx) that will go after small, young animals if they are really hungry; so the farmers keep them in the barns. Some people have even lost their small pets. A friend got pictures of a large bear going after her adult horses last year, which is very rare -- it was just so deliriously hungry. They eventually managed to scare it off, but it happens.

Am sending up some prayers for rain for Texas (and U.S. once again this year; seems they need lots of help with their weather. It's hard when you have to buy hay; the shortage sends the prices through the roof. That has happened here too, in the past. A lot of farmer's here raise beef cattle with only a few that still do dairy. Sending prayers that you can find some ways to protect your small animals and get some more water.

I lost some of my flowers recently -- apparently, our new landlord doesn't know the difference between flowers and weeds. He cut off 2 of my Daylily plants/bushes, some daffodils & some Irises. We put up some little fences so hopefully he notices next time. I'm not sure the Daylillies will come back, but I will transplant them to our new place and pray real hard that they'll come back for next year.

We did some more sorting & packing today; I am trying to do a couple of boxes each day or a few every other day as we can. I have a new motto for my packing -- BE RUTHLESS, RUTHLESS, RUTHLESS! I don't want to take as much stuff this time; and I am donating a few furniture pieces as well that are big & bulky and just take up way too much space. The new house is a bit bigger than this place (with an extra bedroom that will be my very own Prayer Room/Office) and the basement has lots of space too.

I'll get this posted as I have a PRAYER REQUEST to put in for some friends that visited us recently; please check out the PRAYER WARRIOR'S thread for that. Have a great week and take good care ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-14-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:03 AM   #7  

Default Pray for peace in us

good morning. I have not been at this site for so long. I am on spark people and have been on track since March 12th. Lost just shy of 30lbs and have a BUNCH to go, but I am trudging along.
I have a prayer request.
Hubby was downsized at 57 yrs old April.
He has had an extensive interviewing process with a terrific company. According to what HR had told him earlier in the week, a decision was to be made yesterday and the candidate would be called today. The hiring mgr told him last week to relax and he would get a call. Anyhow, this process has been longer than anticipated and a few curve balls thrown in and hubbys father is in failing health living alone four hours away and hubby is emotionally empty. I leave for work and he is near tears, and I come home to tears. This is a strong man, who has a strong faith, but is barely holding on here. I am asking that you join me in prayer about this. If that offer falls through I am sincerely afraid of his reaction.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and thank you for this forum. I am really glad I stopped here today.
I hope you all have a happy friday.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

snogirly, will be praying for job situation for your husband.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:25 PM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Prayers for SNOGIRLY and her DH ~

as a 57 year old male myself I can relate as I see my profession (construction) going downhill quickly!

I am, however, THANK God...not in any emotional stress at this time.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:38 AM   #10  

thank you for your support. No call came yesterday. Funny thing, hubby seems a bit better. he just did the linkin profile thing from the support package information webinar his prior company gave him at his exit interview. Today, I feel near tears. I really thought he had that job. My company has been sold, just like hubby's. When hubby's pittsburgh company sold, it took only two weeks for downsizing to begin.I am trying to be still and know. I am trying to lay my fears at his feet and walk away. I feel like I am now carrying the sadness hubby just let go of. I know I make no sense. Im sorry. Thank you again.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:58 AM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

SNOGIRLY you are making perfect sense and we will continue our prayers for you.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:50 PM   #12  
Rosebud

SNOGIRL ~ DH & I sent up some prayers for your DH & yourself as well. We do know how you feel exactly; went through a similar experience and I was let go on the first wave of layoffs (eventually the company closed it's doors leaving everyone out of a job), but GOD was faithful & helped me. I eventually had to sell my house but now GOD has brought me another one & we're moving in August. HE was faithful; we never starved or were homeless. YES, it is a trial on our faith; and we are all just human, but GOD is steadfast & faithful, so we can trust HIM. HE has not forgotten you; HE has a plan for you & your DH -- pray about it; and look for it. Ask GOD what he wants you to learn from this experience, and where HE wants you to be. TRUST, BELIEVE, BE FLEXIBLE, & BE THANKFUL and GRATEFUL (Praise Him); that's what got us through and you will too ...

Our weather has finally cooled off a bit; so nice for sleeping and much more comfy. Now this is our usual June weather! Got some more sorting & packing done today. Someone picked up our little organ today for a little girl; one down & 2 to go. We are just glad someone will get some enjoyment from it.

DH was just mentioning that there is a church just behind our new place (you can see it from our back yard). He's correct; that will be very handy. Have a wonderful Sunday tomorrow everyone ... Rosebud
Old 06-19-2011, 08:43 PM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

Taking a few minutes to say hello

I had a great Fathers Day. My son and dil and my GRANDdaughter and my daughter and sil joined Angie and I for church, then they took me to my favorite Mexican food place for brunch. My nephew had duty for the NAVY and my step-d is away with Americorp so they couldn't make it but they did call and sent cards

MY son, sil and I watched the US Open golf tournament which was a lot of fun this year.

Angie and I are heading up to northern California next week to visit my step-daughter for a few days then we will head to Napa Valley to do some wine tasting and visit one of our niece's. Luckily I have several niece's that will house sit and take care of Reba and Rylee ... my spoiled rotten golden retrievers

Work will be slow for me for a while so I imagine I will be checking in and posting more often. I have finished a great 7 month run but now jobs are beginning to wind down. We do have future work but my boss has told me to get rid of as many guys as I can as it will not be as lucrative. It is so hard for me to let some of these guys go as I know how hard it will be for several of them to find consturction work steady enough to feed and provide homes for their families without a lot of "worry"

Angie is looking at new cars....we may have to put that on hold...not sure.

Well ladies I hope all is well.

Prayers and hugs ~ Gary
Old 06-22-2011, 01:45 PM   #14  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

I will be heading out tomorrow for our vacation. I pray all is well with you LADIES!

Prayers and Hugs for those in need of them ~ Gary
Old 06-22-2011, 11:41 PM   #15  
Rosebud

GARY ~ Hope you & Angie have a nice vacation time; ahhh, poor Reba & Riley will miss their mommy & daddy ... ... nice to have family to give them love & care while you are away. Will pray about having to lay-off some workers; what a responsibility! Will pray that the laid-off workers will find some work in other places too ...

Our construction season is in full swing here now; and it's about time! Finally, some houses, apartment condos, and a new Native Senior's Complex are being built here as we speak. I've never seen so much activity and many people are working, but we still are only just scratching the surface of the great need for housing here -- as we still don't have enuff apartments in this town (actually, almost none). We hope the building continues on into the fall and that some will be apartments. They started building some houses late winter/early spring; but they may have to build year-round to try to catch-up, since this town is really about 20 years behind in their housing plan ...

We have a lot of people coming from out of town to work in a mine nearby so that puts more pressure on the housing as well. Once again, some of our motels are being filled up by those who can't find apartments. Hopefully, that will be remedied very soon.

I've done a lot of packing; almost have all that I can do for now. Most everything else, we need to keep out to use. I'm glad to have so much done ahead of time; so now I can relax and just dabble at it from here. We have also been doing some spring cleaning as we go along too (a bit at a time, as I can do it, that is). It's good exercise though.

I came on here to check in and to distract my mind -- I witnessed a sad incident early this evening through our livingroom window. A young father had taken his son & 2 dogs out for a drive; but one of the dogs had fallen over the side of the truck bed and was being dragged along side ... it was not a pretty sight & I was horrified. A young neighbour yelled at them to stop; and quick thinking -- threw a pop can at the truck to get his attention (I sent up a quick plea prayer that he'd hear him & stop). Thankfully, he slowed down, then finally stopped -- just as I got out there. The poor darling is OK though; she was stunned & afraid but didn't appear injured. Needless to say, the father & his young boy were very upset and put her inside the vehicle to take her home. The hard part is to get that picture out of my mind now, so I won't have nightmares about it for the next few days. I'm sure a great lesson was learned tonight & I'm just so glad that she's OK.

Well, time to go and try to get some sleep; I will do some prayers and read some scriptures before bed -- that usually helps me a lot, esp the 23rd Psalm. Hope everyone is having a good month of JUNE; our temps have stayed really nice this week ... PTL!!! Take good care ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-22-2011 at 11:56 PM.
Closed Thread