South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-28-2011, 07:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/175/125

Height: 5'2"

Default Back on track

Hi all! I haven't been around here for a long time. Last time I posted on the site I was doing the fat smash diet, which was really not a fit for me. I'm back now and going back to the beach! I was doing well on SB for a while and then dove head first into a plate of cupcakes for my daughters birthday in March and didn't stop after that. I'm tired of being so lethargic and stress eating isn't making me feel any better anyway. So I decided today I can make a different decision. I can choose to go back to the beach and take care of myself, even if I am stressed. That I will exercise instead of sitting on the couch eating to relieve the stress.

Why am I so stressed? Well, we live in NY right now and we are moving to VA some time in the summer. My DH has been working in VA for the past 2 months so I am home with our two little girls by myself 5 days a week. Add the stress of getting our house ready to sell and the fear of moving and sometimes it feels overwhelming.

If you got this far, thanks! I'm very excited to jump right in!
MoodyGrl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:13 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi MoodyGrl and

I'm sorry to hear you're stressed right now. You have alot going on! Me, too, and it feels good to have my food under control while the rest of life swirls around me.

We have a solid group of beachers who post every single day. I'm happy to say I'm one of them! Why?? Because when I dive into the proverbial plate of cupcakes the habit of daily posting and the friends I've found here make it really easy to not let one day turn into a week, a month, or a year.

Best wishes! Let us know if you have any questions about our forum.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:29 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

back, another Ruth. You'll find that posting in the daily thread really helps you move from overwhelmed to just plain whelmed and weightloss often follows.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

MoodyGrl! Gosh, you sure do have your hands full right now, but eating healthy and exercisingl will go a long way towards making you feel a lot better and less stressed.

We look forward to getting to know you and sharing the trials and tribulations of staying OP.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 05:13 PM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! This forum has saved me from the plate of cookies (literally and figuratively) many times this year. It is a great place to be, this particular beach . . .

Be well -
ultimatebea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/245/180

Height: 5'8

Moodygrl I am right there with you. Been off my plan for too long and I am ready to take charge and just feel good again! I've gone through the cycle of succeeding and then failing because stress took over completely. I wish I had found 3FC sooner instead of totally throwing in the towel and starting completely over. It can be a vicious cycle, but I am hoping to use this forum to help keep me on track this time. So many wonderful, inspiring and real life stories and I can see that we are not alone. I am putting one foot in front of the other again and moving forward with lessons learned not looking back with regret.
irishwifey is offline   Reply With Quote