Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-23-2011, 08:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 420/420/210

Height: 5'9"

Default It's been a month since I gave up on myself again

I FINALLY got a job a month ago and it threw me off my game. I was working out and dieting, but now my whole schedule is off and I started eating bad and haven't been working out. i work at night and don't get home until after 5 in the morning and the rest of the day I try to sleep preparing for the next shift. When I do wake up it's like 80 or 90 degree outside and that's been my excuse not to go out jogging again. i don't have an excuse for my eating. i just started eating bad. I work at a fast food place so sometimes i eat their food sometimes I eat my own. I drink the sweet tea there a lot and that's a lot of calories in itself. I really want to get back in the game, but haven't been able to switch my brain back to that. right now the gym is out because of money, but it would motivate me again.
stasiagurl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 232/185/150

Height: 5'7"

It's hard, especially if you work in fast food. Maybe swap out the sweet tea for diet soda or water? Do you have netflix or a blockbuster nearby? I rent exercise dvds and duke it out at home if i can't make it out to exercise. i'm not a runner but i like the videos so at least i feel like i'm doing something as i'm not always able to make it to the gym because of childcare issues.
Good luck!
mandy1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Did you really give up on yourself? I bet that you are still committed to losing weight you just haven't been lately. If you really want to do this you can, and don't beat yourself up over having trouble sticking to a routine while you've undergone a huge change with your new job (which, congrats by the way!).

Good for you for recognizing that eating is totally in your control. Start counting calories and realize how much sweet tea eats up of your calories and leaves no room for nutritious foods, protein, fiber, etc. Bring your own iced tea to work, one with artificial sweetner or a squeeze of lemon or something. If you eat their food, just make sure you log the calories. That motivates me more than anything to cut out certain foods- the realization that I can't "afford" to spend my calories on them.

Where I live right now it's 95-100 degrees every day, so I totally hear you on the jogging thing. Fortunately there are tons of FREE exercise videos on YouTube. Yoga, tae bo, boot camp, resistance band workouts, etc. Try to get in 30-60 minutes of those videos in several times a week to incorporate exercise back into your routine. Or, when you wake up in the morning, do a set of planks, pushups, jumping jacks, jump rope. Anything to get moving again! I work out a lot at home now because of the weather and I know it can be done

Good luck!!
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 299/?/170

Height: 6'1"

I have been off any exercise or diet plan since last August. I gained back the 30 lbs. I had recently lost plus an extra 20 lbs. What I am trying to say is this...don't undo all the hard work you have put in up to this point by not getting back on track soon. If feasible, you could exercise right after work. I'm not sure what the temperature is like at 5 am where you live but here in Texas it is the best time of the day to go run.
Med School Mom is offline   Reply With Quote