View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 04:03 PM   #12
Beach Patrol
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nola Celeste View Post
I like to cook, but my husband's worked as a chef, so he's better at it than I am by a fairly long stretch. I definitely advocate marrying someone who likes to cook--and it sounds like you have that part covered!
My husband doesn't *like* to cook... he LIKES to *eat*! But he doesn't MIND cooking, whereas I truly hate it. So yeah, it works for us! (I do the cleaning; he hates cleaning, I don't mind it...yup, it works!)

Quote:
Although I do like to cook, there are a lot of days that I just plain don't feel like it. Roasting is a great option for non-cooks, as you can roast a whole huge mess of chopped vegetables at once and eat them alongside other meals throughout the week. You only have to heat your kitchen once, you only need one big cookie sheet or baking pan, you don't need any spices beyond salt and pepper (but you can add more if you like) and you don't have to watch over the stuff closely. It's perfect non-cook cooking.
Roasting! What a novel idea! I say novel, because, as a non-cook, I've honestly never thought of it!! And I'm definitely gonna give that bacon-in-the-oven thing a try! Thanks!!!

You CAN have ANYTHING you want,
but you CAN'T have EVERYTHING you want!
~my mama!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote