General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 12:24 PM   #1  
Want to be skinny in 2011

S/C/G: 182.7/168/140

Height: 5'3

Default Accuweight Bead Diet Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietpartner View Post
Great advice I am sure - thank you Kerri! Maybe once the beads are in it will be easier to say no?
nope.. temptation is still present. Especially when it smells good. A LOT of willpower on this diet. One wrong food messes up the whole thing.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:47 PM   #2  
3 Babies = +50lbs

S/C/G: 178/166/125

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrioh68 View Post
nope.. temptation is still present. Especially when it smells good. A LOT of willpower on this diet. One wrong food messes up the whole thing.
I'm with Kerri....WILLPOWER is the most important thing on this diet. I've fallen off the wagon almost from the start. I currently don't have the beads but I'm going back on the next week. I can tell you THIS DOES WORK! However, fast loose fast gain if you cheat. For us who are still on basic easier to gain the weight back that if we had Transitioned.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:51 PM   #3  
3 Babies = +50lbs

S/C/G: 178/166/125

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Good Morning All! I could definatley use some help here! I just ordered the beads, then canceled the order, the re ordered! I am feeling like a mess! I read the entire thread and said this sounds great and ordered!! Then I thought about it - i have not stuck to any plan which really drives me crazy so what makes me think I can stick to this? I am very nervous! I spoke with a woman from accuweight who calmed me a bit so I decided to go ahead with the plan. In reality I have the same wish as others - wish weight did not upset me so much and wish I did not go for these drastic plans - hcg, fasting,now beads, but I do! I actually like the food plan but dh and I go out to dinner every Friday - its our thing - we really enjoy and need the time together. I dont have to go hog wild - a salad and a glass of wine will get me through the evening but I know it is off protocol. I also just started running and I did not want to see my efforts wasted. The woman from accuweight told me I could still run and that as the weight comes off running will be easier. I would like to lose 40 pounds. She told me in 6-8 weeks I could lose between 20-30 pounds. Did anyone else have a "buyers remorse" moment? Thanks for any help!!!

MJ - My daughter had chronic UTI's when she was 5-12 years old. I am happy to tell you what finally helped her - just let me know if you want more info

Sure, you can e-mail me at marnet374 at yahoo dot com.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:57 PM   #4  
SLIM

No regrets, lost 30 pounds in 10-11 weeks. But I am getting a bit bored with vegetable days. I'm on a little different version of this bead diet than the one that most of the people on here are on. My version allows Greek Yogurt on Dairy Days, Creamora in my coffee. It's basically the same. I read someone did an "APPLE DAY" what is that? We don't have an APPLE day on our diet. I was thinking of making a lot of applesauce next veg day.

SLIM (soon)

Last edited by SWEETZA; 04-29-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:02 PM   #5  
SLIM

I need something like butter. Any suggestions? What seasonings do you use? Thank you!
Old 04-29-2011, 08:30 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWEETZA View Post
I need something like butter. Any suggestions? What seasonings do you use? Thank you!
Pepper salt goya seasonings. I can't believe its not butter spray. U can alos use molly mcbutter or butter buds
Old 04-29-2011, 08:34 PM   #7  

Sweetza I did apple cleanse on mine. You do 3 to 5 apples for two days as a cleanse. Theb u go to mik days. Mine also allows greek full fat yogurt
Old 04-30-2011, 12:25 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoisfit View Post
LOL bikinis and those awful changing room mirrors never lie
Isn't that the truth! I exercised twice today because I was so traumatized.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:33 AM   #9  

Welcome Dietpartner! As the others have said, it's all about willpower. It is SO worth it to stick to the diet. The weight practically falls off, but no cheating . It's not worth it. Hope you can be successful with this diet! Dieting just stinks.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:20 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracefindsgoodness View Post
Isn't that the truth! I exercised twice today because I was so traumatized.
LOL what type of exercise do you do? any strength?

i've been walking but think i'm ready to add running back in, maybe intervals like the 10k training half the time. or elliptical since i have one sitting at home untouched.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:28 AM   #11  

Quote:
Good Morning All! I could definatley use some help here! I just ordered the beads, then canceled the order, the re ordered! I am feeling like a mess! I read the entire thread and said this sounds great and ordered!! Then I thought about it - i have not stuck to any plan which really drives me crazy so what makes me think I can stick to this? I am very nervous! I spoke with a woman from accuweight who calmed me a bit so I decided to go ahead with the plan. In reality I have the same wish as others - wish weight did not upset me so much and wish I did not go for these drastic plans - hcg, fasting,now beads, but I do! I actually like the food plan but dh and I go out to dinner every Friday - its our thing - we really enjoy and need the time together. I dont have to go hog wild - a salad and a glass of wine will get me through the evening but I know it is off protocol. I also just started running and I did not want to see my efforts wasted. The woman from accuweight told me I could still run and that as the weight comes off running will be easier. I would like to lose 40 pounds. She told me in 6-8 weeks I could lose between 20-30 pounds. Did anyone else have a "buyers remorse" moment? Thanks for any help!!!

MJ - My daughter had chronic UTI's when she was 5-12 years old. I am happy to tell you what finally helped her - just let me know if you want more info
This is the only plan that has ever worked for me. and very fast. but like everyone already told you, it requires alot of willpower.

Im also a runner but decided against it for the first 2 weeks because it made me hungry. Now i'm ready to go back to it...funny i just posted about that. I think they tell you to have honey in tea 15 minutes before sip throughout and after. Jillian Michaels actually does that as well. You can also have powerade zero to replenish electrolytes.

How can we regret it when EVERYONE loses if you DONT CHEAT. Cheating isn't worth it. On Easter I drank alot of wine, thinking it's a liquid so what, it took me this entire week to get back to my original weight.

Dinner with husband can be easy. I go out once a week with mine as well. Tell him about it. Stick with the plan. It's only temporary.

Good luck!
Old 04-30-2011, 11:31 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrioh68 View Post
this diet is weird.. I had two days of veggies and went up? why does that happen? I am sure when I have a day of milk it will go back down --its weird.. So what happens when we are totally off this?
When I went off in November I gained 2-3 lbs. And I wasn't really watching what I was eating... just never overate and worked out. Most people gain a bit when we start eating normally. It's not fat just food. But they'll tell you that's the max. Anything more you have to do 2 milk days and it comes right back down. I've done this it actually works. But anything more like 10 go back to Basic immediately! Put the beads back on. Because the weight can come back. This happened to one of my friends. She kept procrastinating until all the weight went back on and then some. It's all about how badly we want to keep it off I guess.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:22 PM   #13  
fake it till you make IT!

S/C/G: 312/264/199

Height: 5'6

hi everyone! Im new here and been thinking about doing this diet. I did it once about a year& half ago & in3 1/2 weeks i lost 31lbs! I was soooo happy but ever since then I fell off the wagon and have attempted this again a few times but always failed (but i never gained back the 31lbs i lost so thats a plus).This time I feel more determined then ever and also a bit more driven bc I just dieted and exercised ( i was exercising 2 hours a day 5 days a week) and only lost 6lbs in 18 days I know "regular" people & health experts will say thats excellent and slow and healthy weight loss is key but I really need something thats going to show me great results to keep me motivated. I remember when I 1st did this when I lost the 31lbs, I lost 9lbs in the 1st 2 days so thats the kinda motivation im looking for! I made a promise to myself that by 4th of July I will be out of the 200's and I know thats achievable with this diet.

So I been really thinking about getting on board but i got mother natures gift this morning and I get the worst pain in the planet so I know I dont want to start till after which is about 5 days. Im just getting everything prepped & joining as many forums and threads I can find on this diet.

So how is everyone else doing??
Old 04-30-2011, 09:59 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 148/146/110

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I really appreciate the responses I received to my post! Your encouragement is so helpful! My beads arrive Monday and mentally I am ready! Thank you again for the support!
Old 05-01-2011, 09:47 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 191/191/110

Height: 5ft 2inches

I posted awhile ago and since failed with the diet multiple times, but last night my boyfriend came home and announced that his cousin was getting married and that we would be going to the wedding on July 17th (78 days away !) First time i'll be meeting his family (besides his mom day and siblings) So alas i started this morning.. Im not on the beads yet, im going to hold off because i was told by a friend who did the diet and succeeded that pressure from your fingers works just as well. Been up for a couple hours and havent felt and hunger yet which is nice, but as i know from before the first few days suck. But hey! i guess its worth it. Hopefully i can get some support from you all! (: gotta lose a total of 80lbs, but for now ill settle with 50! Anyone have any tips on how to push through this?

I also started the supreme 90, i dont know if anyones heard of it, but its like p90x, but a lot cheaper. (:

ALSO, (sorry about this) does anyone have any pictures of their results? It might be nice to see how other people did so for anyone who is new has some inspiration.
Closed Thread