South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-19-2011, 01:32 PM   #1  
Happy as a clam..........

S/C/G: 268/178/165

Height: 5'8"

Default New perspective

I have a similar story to alot of you. I tried SB a couple of years ago with great results, but gained alot of weight back. When I started SB it was with the purpose of losing weight and I did...The fact that I was feeling better and more agile and pain-free ( I have fibromyalgia ) was a nice "bonus".
So this time I went back to the planned eating with one goal in mind...to feel better again. I had discovered that sugar is a big trigger for the fibro flares I was having. I did not weigh myself when I started. I don't want it to be a "numbers game" that I have played with myself many times. I have eaten "on plan" for almost 3 months and am feeling good again. I have made it a commitment to my health. I can tell I have lost weight by my clothes fitting differently and have now started to get comments. When anyone asks how much weight I have lost I honestly can say I don't know for sure.
I read this forum frequently and have gained insight and motivation. The biggest thing I have learned is that I CAN do this, in the way that works for me.
Thank you ALL
downsizer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

, downsizer55! I'm glad you decided to join us here in the forum and please join us in our Daily thread, too. We look forward to getting to know you.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:58 PM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

downsizer55! You're absolutely right, it's never too late! This group has been a lifeline for me.

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Welcome and great job on your success so far! I'm glad you're feeling a difference with your condition!
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/170

Height: 5"6'

So glad you decided to join us! I have been a member for less than a month and I LOVE it. Everyone is so knowledgeable and friendly! I am sure you will feel the same. Have a great weekend!

-Jess
candle lady is offline   Reply With Quote