South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-10-2011, 01:22 PM   #1  
Onederland or bust!!!

S/C/G: 325/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Default What was your victory today?

Y'know, I love our daily chats, suggestions, and mutual support... But I think it would be great to have a thread with what you did to day to make yourself proud. (In the vein of The Biggest Loser, LOL!) It can be something you achieved or something that happened to you because of your fit lifestyle. Today I've had two so far. I check my resting heart rate once or twice a week before I get out of bed, and today it is down exactly 20 bpm from where it was about a month ago! From 86 to 66.

I also tried to put on a pair of pants that fit me a month ago. They fit loosely, but I could wear them. Today? No such luck. They're like clown pants on me and I swear I can't take more than a couple of careful steps before they fall down around my ankles! It's amazing!

Those are my little victories of today... What made you smile about your progress today? =)

Amanda

ETA: A pic of my big fat fatpants lol... I look like hades but you get the point. This is with no sucking in!

Enjoy!

Last edited by RandoMandaPanda; 03-10-2011 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Add pics
RandoMandaPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:30 PM   #2  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

I hoofed it through an incredibly difficult workout this morning, despite my every excuse to stop after 45 minutes.

AND, I wore leggings...in public...AND got a compliment.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:41 PM   #3  
Onederland or bust!!!

Good for you, zeff! I am still terrified of leggings and scarred after being teased for wearing them in middle school... When I was fat... And they weren't in style. LOL! Yay for personal victories!
Old 03-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

I literally just stepped off the elliptical machine. I check 3FC while cooling off. I upped my resistance level to 5 for 15 min. It about killed me but I'm feeling so great right now!
abetterme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:06 PM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

We had a hugely busy day and I didn't get to make our normal dinner-size meal at lunch time and instead had plain yogurt and a string cheese. Then I went to an ice cream social for my daughter and then grocery shopping and stayed on-plan through it all! Got home tonight and had a veggie burger over a salad and leftover brown-rice pudding. So proud of myself!
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:21 PM   #6  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I lost 1.2 lbs (probably water weight because I gained it Sunday) and am back to where my tickie is..... Does that count?

Also, had an earlier lunch than usual due to Chris' work schedule today and instead of eating a regular sized meal like I normally would, I just had a half pickle and 1/2 cup yogurt, and brought a natural PB on wheat with me back to work in case I get hungry this afternoon.
weezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:24 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Turned down a classy lunch with a group of travel writers who toured the Mill and came home to eat my planned lunch. (My ticker was no longer lying this morning and that gave me strength!)
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:30 PM   #8  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

getting out of bed this morning..lol
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:32 PM   #9  
Onederland or bust!!!

Weezle, if it boosts your confidence, makes you feel good, and reiterates to you that YOU'RE AWESOME!, then of course it counts! And a big HUZZAH for Kara, Ruth, and Kelsey too!
Old 03-10-2011, 06:18 PM   #10  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

This morning I was able to walk further than I usually do and I got out there and did it before the rain came. My legs are talking to me now but it was so worth it.
TallandThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:49 PM   #11  
Punkin Fairy Mama

S/C/G: 262/233/140

my 5 year old has been super sick and the medicine is really hard on his tummy so having to work from home today to stay with him (dh is out of town on business) so trying to get him to actually eat I made him waffles... I had to make a batch of three and they looked SO SO SO good... I was so tempted to just stuff it in my mouth but I didn't!! I ate a 12grain piece of toast and natural pb... then for lunch took him to sonic and I was just tempted to say heck with it... I ordered a grilled chkn sandwhich with ww bun (i doubt the buns were fully within plan though) I pulled one bun off and didn't even snag any of my son's fries! so not 100% on and those two breads in one day may stall me for a few days,, still it could have been worse
Punkin Fairy Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:34 PM   #12  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
getting out of bed this morning..lol
same . . .
MissKoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:54 PM   #13  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkin Fairy Mama View Post
my 5 year old has been super sick and the medicine is really hard on his tummy so having to work from home today to stay with him (dh is out of town on business) so trying to get him to actually eat I made him waffles... I had to make a batch of three and they looked SO SO SO good... I was so tempted to just stuff it in my mouth but I didn't!! I ate a 12grain piece of toast and natural pb... then for lunch took him to sonic and I was just tempted to say heck with it... I ordered a grilled chkn sandwhich with ww bun (i doubt the buns were fully within plan though) I pulled one bun off and didn't even snag any of my son's fries! so not 100% on and those two breads in one day may stall me for a few days,, still it could have been worse
omg. sonic tots are my weakness. i have to leave the area if anybody has them. awesome job!
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:59 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Well I guess this was yesterday by now, but I got my bike out and rode my 3 miles to our swimming pool in the freezing cold for the first time in 2011. Last year, my first trip took 28 minutes. Yesterday was under 18 and that was with a headwind.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:27 AM   #15  
Be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxiss View Post
Last year, my first trip took 28 minutes. Yesterday was under 18 and that was with a headwind.
Wow!
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote