Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-22-2010, 02:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Default Threw Up

Okay I have never thrown up from exercise before and I've done some pretty hard workouts. I'm thinking it may be because I forgot to eat breakfast but it really freaked me out. I did 20 minutes of a beginners kickboxing video which I was not doing particularly well at or keeping up with starting to feel kind of nasceous but no more so then a usual workout, then I started a bootcamp video and about 5 minutes into it I just had to stop I couldn't handle it for some reason which sucks because i usually do the full thirty. I sat for about 30 seconds and figured I can't stop exercising I've barely done anything (i usually do 40-60 minutes three or four days a week) so I put on one of my easy walking with some weight lifting videos. I felt sort of dizzy a few times into it but I thought it was no big deal and I kept pushing it. Did the warm up, the regular walk, my first eight pound weight session, got into the fast walk and i was still sort of okay, then at the end of my second weight lifting portion I just felt too dizzy and sick to continue. I thought I was going to be fine but then I just starting throwing up. Afterwards I still felt sick and I had to sit still for awhile. The whole thing really freaked me out I never get sick and I usually do a lot more. Was it probably just the fact that I forgot to eat breakfast or should I be concerned?
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:39 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I have had one or two incidents where exercise did not agree with my body - specifically, where I got dizzy/nauseous. They were almost always related to a combination of dehydration and low blood sugar. I always felt better after eating and drinking something.

If it happens again, I might be more concerned than if it just happened the one time.

It's also possible that you're getting sick, and the exercise stressed your body just enough to cause you an issue this morning. If that's the case, the symptoms will continue after you eat and drink something.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Thanks for the advice Mandalinn. I'm feeling better now but still a little weak. I guess you're right I will just try not to be too concerned unless it happens again. It really freaked me out though.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:27 PM   #4  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Exercise always makes me sick...so I tend not to do it...lol jk
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:49 PM   #5  
patience and perseverance

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

I did one of those 9 week kick boxing/resistance band boot camps. 3 days a week kick boxing the other 3 the bands. I threw up on average once a week. Usually after, but once in during class (don't worry, I made it to the restroom). This was at a karate studio, not a gym. None of the staff seemed to think it was at all out of the ordinary. I'm not sure if this should comfort you, or make me worry more.
It could be the intense kickboxing, there's a lot of multi direction in those workouts, just luke carnival rides if you aren't used to it.
JayLei is offline   Reply With Quote